Honeymoon/Pride Steakhouse

TeamReeves

My husband and I are honeymooning on the Pride out of Baltimore soon.

We are looking to eat in the steakhouse on the first night to kind of kick off our adventure. Here's my questions about it, though:

1. Is it worth it after the menu change?

2. What time would you recommend going so that we minimize the amount of activities we are missing? I don't want to miss going under the bridge and I don't want to miss anything big since it's the first night!

3. Will it ruin our table settings in the MDR? Can we still be seated with other people for the rest of the cruise if we don't eat in the MDR on the first night? We have confirmed early dining.

BONUS QUESTION: If you don't think the steakhouse is worth it, what is a great little splurge that would make our honeymoon even better?

We went ahead and got a balcony since it's our honeymoon but I don't think we will purchase Cheers. (This is my first cruise as an adult and his first cruise ever - we are just excited for the adventure!)

The Steakhouse menu, old or new, is indeed worth the upcharge IMO. I usually do it once a cruise, though I avoid the 1st night. However, on the Miracle last week, where the steakhouse is open to the atrium, we couldn't converse at our table because the noise from the sing-a-long and name that tune game they were playing 6 decks down was astonishingly LOUD. I hope the Pride steakhouse doesn't share the same openness to the atrium for your sake.

Eating in the Steakhouse the 1st night will not damage your MDR seating for the rest of the cruise. Many people do not make the MDR for a variety of reasons the 1st night. However, if you plan the steakhouse for another night, it's polite to mention to your wait staff and dining companions, if any, that you have other plans for that night so they won't be waiting for you to arrive.

After muster, the main activity is the sailaway party and after that most folk just want to eat or rest, so "activities" the 1st night seem muted to this jaded cruiser. Maybe plan on a comedy show after your meal?

Remember you do not have to do everything the ship offers. You'll need time to relax, enjoy your balcony and have honeymoon fun.

Congratulations! We are celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary in a few weeks.

We are looking to eat in the steakhouse on the first night to kind of kick off our adventure. Here's my questions about it, though:

Can't answer that until our next cruise in November. I am really going to miss the Chilean Sea Bass.

2. What time would you recommend going so that we minimize the amount of activities we are missing? I don't want to miss going under the bridge and I don't want to miss anything big since it's the first night!

Pride passes under two bridges: the Key bridge, about 15 minutes after setting sail, and the Chesapeake Bay bridge, about an hour or so later.

3. Will it ruin our table settings in the MDR? Can we still be seated with other people for the rest of the cruise if we don't eat in the MDR on the first night? We have confirmed early dining.

Do you have an Assigned Dining time or Your Time Dining?

If Assigned, you'll sit at the same table at the same time with the same people every other night.

If YTD, you can request to be seated with others any night.

BONUS QUESTION: If you don't think the steakhouse is worth it, what is a great little splurge that would make our honeymoon even better?

I highly recommend Chef's Table for a honeymoon splurge. Don't get me wrong, the Steakhouse is a great meal. But CT is a dinning experience.

We went ahead and got a balcony since it's our honeymoon but I don't think we will purchase Cheers. (This is my first cruise as an adult and his first cruise ever - we are just excited for the adventure!)

Balcony is the way to go for sure.

Welcs.

We've sailed Pride twice so far. We LOVE the Serenity deck at the back of the ship.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Congratulations and I hope your honeymoon is wonderful.

We like the steakhouse food and experience and eat there once each cruise. For us it is a much better deal than the upcharge in the MDR for only an entree from the steakhouse.

I think there isn't a wrong night, but lean towards doing it later in the cruise, probably the last night, which for me is always a little sad.

The problem with the last night is that you might forget on the previous night to tip your MDR wait team, if you are so inclined.

Of course the advantage to the first night is most ships offer 50% off any bottle of wine in the steakhouse. If you are wine drinkers that's a really nice deal.

I am a die hard cruise addict and think there's no wrong way to cruise. Simply enjoy each other and your surroundings.

To those who don't go on the first night - is it due to other activities or just too crowded with people trying to get free wine?

I think part of the reason they offer the free/50% discount on that first night is to help drum up business. We have done first night, last night and every day in between. I prefer it last night as a way to celebrate the end of our cruise.

Which week are you on? One of my co-workers are also on for a honeymoon in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To those who don't go on the first night - is it due to other activities or just too crowded with people trying to get free wine?

Neither.

I have never seen the steakhouse crowded and have never been unable to get a reservation on whatever night I requested in advance.

After trying different nights we simply find we prefer the MDR the first night (the only night strawberry bisque is offered), and we enjoy anticipating the steakhouse experience later.

Odds are you will enjoy it whatever night you choose.

We always do the steakhouse the first night for the half off wine. We cruise out of Galveston and get Cheers, but it starts on day 2. So, it's our tradition to do the steakhouse the first night. It's never over crowded or anything. It's also a fun way to start our vacation!

Neither.

I have never seen the steakhouse crowded and have never been unable to get a reservation on whatever night I requested in advance.

After trying different nights we simply find we prefer the MDR the first night (the only night strawberry bisque is offered), and we enjoy anticipating the steakhouse experience later.

Odds are you will enjoy it whatever night you choose.

I completely forgot about this!! That is reason enough for me to choose a different night!

I think part of the reason they offer the free/50% discount on that first night is to help drum up business. We have done first night, last night and every day in between. I prefer it last night as a way to celebrate the end of our cruise.

Which week are you on? One of my co-workers are also on for a honeymoon in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

September 30th! :D

We always do the steakhouse the first night for the half off wine. We cruise out of Galveston and get Cheers, but it starts on day 2. So, it's our tradition to do the steakhouse the first night. It's never over crowded or anything. It's also a fun way to start our vacation!

Cheers is the main reason we never go to the steakhouse the first night. My wife and I definitely get our money’s worth from the program on day 1 of every cruise we go on.

Congratulations:hearteyes: We sail the 16th and are celebrating 23 years<3

I didn't think Pride had the new menu yet.

Our reservation is for 7pm, but we are considering the dinner our main activity that night.

It shouldn't affect your early dining spot, but it would be good to stop at the MDR after boarding (the Hub app might list hours) to confirm your table location and mention you won't be there (so if you have a shared table others aren't waiting on you).

We hope it will be worth it;) Another splurge could be a photo or 2 (I think they are around $20 each), room service breakfast (allow tip) or late night room service (food cost plus tip).

A no-cost splurge would be to indulge each other. If one of you would like to try the afternoon tea and the other isn't sure - go for the other person. If one wants a show that the other doesn't - indulge them and go with a smile (you might even like it). Communicate with each other if you just need some "you" time though. My husband might want listen to some musicians while I check out the shops or I might want to read on the balcony while he's napping.

Be sure to walk the outer decks at night - the moon reflecting on the ocean is stunning. If you can, try to catch a sunrise since you have the balcony. Binoculars can be good for the balcony too. The stairways sometimes have interesting art work. If you have down time you might want to explore the ship as a "museum."

We also are not getting Cheers - will just pay as we go. If you think you would like to drink some but are worried about the cost of the drinks, you could designate an amount you are willing to spend and just put that on your account in cash. That way the drinks are already "paid for" and you don't need to worry about a bill at the end.

We bring our own refillable tumblers and drink tap/lido water on board, but like to purchase a 6 pack of bottles for shore excursions.

Have a great cruise!

Congratulations:hearteyes: We sail the 16th and are celebrating 23 years<3

We sail the 16th as well and will be celebrating our honeymoon. We got married in April but delayed our honeymoon until September for work related reasons. We can't wait. We also have David's booked for one of the nights. We can't wait...less than 4 weeks!