"Necessary visas" etc? Carnival Paradise visiting Cozumel and Grand Cayman

1lizette1

Carnival boarding pass says to make sure we have necessary documents including any "necessary visas" and completed Health Questionnaire. Printed the questionnaire so we're good there but how do I get the visas?

We're flying into Tampa from Toronto (Ontario) if that makes a difference.

I looked through the posts but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks for your time

No visas needed for Canadians visiting Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Which is very fortunate, given that the OP is boarding the ship in a little over a week.

OP - if you cruise again and venture further afield you MUST check for, and arrange, any visas well in advance.

Which is very fortunate, given that the OP is boarding the ship in a little over a week.

OP - if you cruise again and venture further afield you MUST check for, and arrange, any visas well in advance.

Thank you I will do next time. I guess I thought the cruiseline would take care of all that stuff just like when you book an all inclusive vacation (fill out visas etc on the plane). I know for next time

What country allows you to “fill out a visa” on the plane?

Not sure exactly what we filled out when we flew from Canada to Cozumel last year but we were told to have it with us at all times if possible. Also we had to show it again at the end of our trip. I thought it was a visa

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Forums mobile app

Not sure exactly what we filled out when we flew from Canada to Cozumel last year but we were told to have it with us at all times if possible. Also we had to show it again at the end of our trip. I thought it was a visa

If you are doing a land vacation in Mexico, you will get a "visitor's pass" to fill out on the plane that gets stamped by Mexican Customs/Immigration when you enter your landing airport. When you depart, that pass gets returned at your departing airport. Losing it will result in a fine (or possibly something worse).

This does not occur on cruise ship visits. Just have your ship card and a Gov't issued photo ID with you when you do any cruise tours or excursions in any Mexican port so you can re-enter the cruise terminal and return to your ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Visas are quite different to the customs and immigration forms completed on airplanes...and neither are the responsibility of an AI or cruise. Most visas have to be applied for prior to arrival in the country. For example, Turkey requires an online Visa process completed several days prior to arrival. India also has online process. Others require going to the consulate and handing over passport for a while. Some places require visa applications done 6 weeks in advance, and for some places, theh recommend you don't even buy flights until visa has been granted.

As Canadians, we are lucky enough to have good relations with many countries, whereas others have to apply forvisas and travel docs for most countries.

Also keep in mind, that place of birth can affect entry into places, even if you carry a Cdn passport.

You would benefit from a little research and understanding before further travel.

If you are doing a land vacation in Mexico, you will get a "visitor's pass" to fill out on the plane that gets stamped by Mexican Customs/Immigration when you enter your landing airport. When you depart, that pass gets returned at your departing airport. Losing it will result in a fine (or possibly something worse).

This does not occur on cruise ship visits. Just have your ship card and a Gov't issued photo ID with you when you do any cruise tours or excursions in any Mexican port so you can re-enter the cruise terminal and return to your ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Government issued ID would that have to be my passport or could I just use my drivers license?

I will have my passport of course but I'd rather leave it in the safe on the ship if possible.

Thank you I will do next time. I guess I thought the cruiseline would take care of all that stuff just like when you book an all inclusive vacation (fill out visas etc on the plane). I know for next time

Sometimes the cruise line does take care of it. Believe that happens for Cuba cruises and I think China if it’s a 1 day stop. But generally speaking, it’s your responsibility to make sure you have necessary visas. There’s too many nationalities on the ship and too many different rules in different countries for the cruise line to absorb the responsibility for visas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums