Taking water for medical reasons

What's different about the bathroom tap?

Because it's from the bathroom. :') ....Usually there is black gunk on it. You can't see it if you don't bend down to look. It looks like black moldy stuff. Nasty.

^ Agreed. Not to mention, flushing with the toilet seat up can spread germs and fecal matter to other surfaces in the bathroom. Not everyone closes the lid, and not every sink faucet gets cleaned, as mentioned.

It's just a personal preference for hygiene reasons. :)

^ Agreed. Not to mention, flushing with the toilet seat up can spread germs and fecal matter to other surfaces in the bathroom. Not everyone closes the lid, and not every sink faucet gets cleaned, as mentioned.

It's just a personal preference for hygiene reasons. :)

I didn't think you could flush the toilet on a cruise ship without closing the lid. Well, maybe if you are a contortionist!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need to drink 8-12 glasses a day because I don't have a large internet and am supplementing what I can get a on the ship. Dehydration leads to several medical problems and I want to have fun on the ship and not slow down.

I really didn't want to carry a bunch of 20 oz water bottles and plan to bring one of my regular reusable water bottles to carry around the ship.

I need to drink 8-12 glasses a day because I don't have a large internet and am supplementing what I can get a on the ship. Dehydration leads to several medical problems and I want to have fun on the ship and not slow down.

I really didn't want to carry a bunch of 20 oz water bottles and plan to bring one of my regular reusable water bottles to carry around the ship.

You don't have a large internet?

Actually, over the last few yeas I have found that if I don't bring bottled water my feet and ankles swell like balloons. When I drink only bottled water, no swelling. I used to think it was the salt in the air. Princess, thank goodness, sells 24 bottle packages at a very reasonable price. I hope RCCL starts doing that.

I found this out too, all other cruises I drank bottled water, the last cruise I drank ship water, my ankle and fingers were swollen 13 of the 14 days. So I will drink bottled water on board. So it isn't in my head but in my ankles and hands and calves. Never had it the other cruises with bottled water.

water lovers, cruise princess! unlimited soda and water allowed on board. load up the pallets and tip your longshoreman to make sure they get on board.

however i'm the laziest person alive so i spent 8 bucks for a case of water delivered to my room. id lose that much in 2 minutes in a slot machine. i thought it was a fair price.

NCL charged me 70 for a case last year. unsure how much royal is but i wanna get commission for every case on NCL they sell.

Actually, over the last few yeas I have found that if I don't bring bottled water my feet and ankles swell like balloons. When I drink only bottled water, no swelling. I used to think it was the salt in the air. Princess, thank goodness, sells 24 bottle packages at a very reasonable price. I hope RCCL starts doing that.

What did your GP say about this?

Same happens to my lower extremities. However, drink bottled water and voila.. no edema.

Also, I would not drink any water from a tap where there was a toilet in the same room.

I have no problem drinking the bottled water on the ship. We each might buy a bottle before we board, or bring a refillable bottle, to refill with the melted ice water in our cabin to take with us on shore excursions.

Just note that some of your edema might come from the salt in the food and the warmer weather in hot climates.

Also take a look at the ingredients on your water bottle. Most bottled water is "purified" and have various ingredients listed, including cal I'm chlorice, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium sulfate (don't know what any of these are) (taken from the bottle of Nestlé pure life in my frig). Anyway much of what we buy is the spring water you think it is!

I have to drink loads of water each day to to make my medicine work. It's almost as big as a horse pill so it takes lots of water to dissolve it. I find I drink more water out of a bottle than a cup. Don't know why. And I drink Crystal Geyser which is spring water bottled at the source on Mt. Shasta in California. No added ingredients. More expensive than the bottled tap water though.

OP, Royal sells Evian in 12 or 24 one liter bottles and will deliver to your stateroom the day you board. You will find it under the beverage package listings. Current price is $46.02 for the 12 bottles.

Word of caution....do not bring an opened bottle with you on an excursion in Cozumel. They made me throw it out since it had been opened. Only unopened bottles can be brought on shore. You can open it after you pass through Cozumel's security, but not before. However, they had no problem with me returning to the ship with an opened bottle.