Swapping Cabin Cards?

TracyESQ

My husband and I are cruising on the Breakaway next month with my parents and our two children. To get the best value out of the freebies when we booked, my dad and I are booked in one cabin with the kids, and my mom and my husband are in the other cabin. Can we "officially" have our cards swapped to the appropriate cabin once we're on board, or will we need to just trade on our own.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I haven't been on NCL but on Royal or Caribbean you can't just swap cards. You use the card to get on and off the ship and they see your picture when they swipe it. It's also used to charge anything you buy so unless you're OK with paying for the other person's stuff that could be a problem.

What we did was just get an extra key to each room. Assuming the kids are meant to stay with you, your dad would get the spare key to the other room and your husband would get the spare key to your room.

I don't think NCL would be too impressed with swapping cabins etc. They need to know from a safety point of view. You could try before embarking to get the right people booked into the right room?

Exactly what freebies did this arrangement give? (Just curious! :) )

My husband and I are cruising on the Breakaway next month with my parents and our two children. To get the best value out of the freebies when we booked, my dad and I are booked in one cabin with the kids, and my mom and my husband are in the other cabin. Can we "officially" have our cards swapped to the appropriate cabin once we're on board, or will we need to just trade on our own.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Once your on the ship just go to customer service counter and tell them who needs access to which rooms and they will program the system correctly or give you an extra card.

I don't think NCL would be too impressed with swapping cabins etc. They need to know from a safety point of view. You could try before embarking to get the right people booked into the right room?

That would be the drinks package.

Perfect! Thank you all for the quick responses. I was hoping it would be possible and simple to do it officially.

Nothing too remarkable. My father and I have specialty dining and 3rd/4th sail free. My husband and mother have specialty dining and UBP. None of us are very big drinkers, but we figured having one of us with UBP in each cabin might be more practical. Shhh! ;)

None of us are very big drinkers, but we figured having one of us with UBP in each cabin might be more practical. Shhh! ;)

If you are thinking about "sharing" the UBP, don't do it.

Sure, there are people who will get a drink for someone without the UBP but if it is discovered by the crew, you could not only get the UBP revoked (without refund of the service charge) but you could also get charged for drinks that were consumed.

Perfect! Thank you all for the quick responses. I was hoping it would be possible and simple to do it officially.

Nothing too remarkable. My father and I have specialty dining and 3rd/4th sail free. My husband and mother have specialty dining and UBP. None of us are very big drinkers, but we figured having one of us with UBP in each cabin might be more practical. Shhh! ;)

I see - the UK cottoned onto the UK drinkers doing the 'sharing' so now we all have to have it included, with the premium all inclusive fare... We have no option anymore.... not that I should be complaining...