Caribbean Ship in Storm

juggles

...and there is only one body of water named "Caribbean":) where ships sail.

Chrysalis, let's not be petty, in the UK the grammar in that case would have been....Ship in the Caribbean in Storm

Look, it's like this....if this was a Macdonald's forum and I complain about the chips/chicken, someone says..do you mean MacDonald's chips/chicken?;)

No, that's not it. You're missing the point. The point is that your thread was vague. Instead of automatically assuming what you meant, I chose to ask questions so that we were talking about the same thing.

The ship is called the Caribbean Princess. If you're referring to it, you should use the name or the acronym. A "ship in the Caribbean" could be any one of about 50 different ships, or at least about 5 different Princess ships at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out what you meant. ;)

No, that's not it. You're missing the point. The point is that your thread was vague. Instead of automatically assuming what you meant, I chose to ask questions so that we were talking about the same thing.

The ship is called the Caribbean Princess. If you're referring to it, you should use the name or the acronym. A "ship in the Caribbean" could be any one of about 50 different ships, or at least about 5 different Princess ships at the moment.

I was just trying to figure out what you meant. ;)

jeese, I know it would but I named the thread..Caribbean ship in Storm...on a Princess cruise thread!! i.e...the Caribbean ship.

It's not on the P & O or the Holland and American forums

Anyway have a nice day, I'm off out now.:)

....and to add to that, just because it is posted on the Princess thread does not automatically mean it relates to Princess. So you reference to McDonalds is meaningless.

Take a look the the main Princess page here and note the threads that have nothing to do with Princess cruise lines. I won't bother to count them, but there are quiet a few.

I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about. We were only seeking clarification, not a lesson in grammar.

....and to add to that, just because it is posted on the Princess thread does not automatically mean it relates to Princess. So you reference to McDonalds is meaningless.

Take a look the the main Princess page here and note the threads that have nothing to do with Princess cruise lines. I won't bother to count them, but there are quiet a few.

I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about. We were only seeking clarification, not a lesson in grammar.

#If I made you sigh

If I made you cry

If I told a lie

I'm sorry

From the bottom of my heart dear

I apologise#

....I don't feel so bad knowing that I was not the only one who knew what you were talking about.

If you knew what she was talking about, why feel so bad?:p

More than a dozen posts and we still have only rumors! Someone better bloody well get on the horn to THE Caribbean Ship (not just any, mind you!) and get us some facts!:D

Currently onboard, off the coast of New England. We're in a storm, with gale-force winds up to 70 knots. We listed a bit this morning ... several waiters in the Horizon Court fell, carrying trays of food or other dining supplies. A piano in the Explorer's Lounge slid off the stage, and was totaled. The galley and backstage tours were cancelled. The captain (Marco Fortezze) has slowed down; haven't heard yet if this will impact our arrival time back in Brooklyn tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, it has been a nice cruise. The only poor weather day was in Bar Harbor. In Acadia Park, we reached the top of Cadillac Mountain, and it was snowing! And arrival in Halifax yesterday was met with a brisk 32 degrees.

Currently onboard, off the coast of New England. We're in a storm, with gale-force winds up to 70 knots. We listed a bit this morning ... several waiters in the Horizon Court fell, carrying trays of food or other dining supplies. A piano in the Explorer's Lounge slid off the stage, and was totaled. The galley and backstage tours were cancelled. The captain (Marco Fortezze) has slowed down; haven't heard yet if this will impact our arrival time back in Brooklyn tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, it has been a nice cruise. The only poor weather day was in Bar Harbor. In Acadia Park, we reached the top of Cadillac Mountain, and it was snowing! And arrival in Halifax yesterday was met with a brisk 32 degrees.

Thanks so much for your post. This certainly explains things very clearly.

Archived