Booking on board with Next Cruise worth it any longer??

Lots of changes out now with the redeployment. Was looking for info from

cruisers experience with Next Cruise recently or on board now?

On the deployment thread someone mentioned an additional OBC of 100.00

if booked more than six months in advance. Is this just with Next Cruise?

It's on page 4, Booking Cruise Onboard.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494159

Thanks! That was very helpful of you. I appreciate it! :)

The posts are really not clear. Can get 100.00 OBC booked on line...or gain additional 100.00 (total 200) OBC by waiting to book on the ship as long as more than 6 months in advance.

I would book it now, pick up the OBC and then transfer over to a TA to pickup additional perks such as pre-paid grats and added OBC. We just got off the Indy 15 night transatlantic. While on board they were offering special prices for Symphony sailings. We had previously booked the 2018 transatlantic from Barcelona so I thought I would go to the Next Cruise desk to see if they had better prices. We have a D2 deck 12 cabin booked at $3400.00 for both of us. The best price they could offer was $4120.00 total, we said no thanks and went off to see a show. Four days later on the last sea day they posted flyers in the elevator offering an added 50% off for the second guest if you booked today. Went back down to the Next cruise desk talked to a different person and was offered a price of $4160... When I told her that we were shown a price $40.00 less a few days earlier she said we were given a wrong price by the other agent. Next cruise is a hit and miss and better for people that book without checking prices looking for discounts. PS.. The Indy is still in great shape considering she goes in for a complete refurb in a few months. As a side note, I keep reading about formal nights no longer being so formal. We had three formal nights and I would guess 10-15 percent were in Tuxedos and full gowns, 80% in Suits, a few in shirts without ties, and that was for all three nights. Had 4 hundred Americans and over 22 hundred Brits, maybe the demographics make a difference.

Sorry-posted the wrong thread in a previous post. This is the one that I was thinking of when it was mentioned above. It looks like there isn't much of an advantage to booking onboard any longer.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562385

I remember that one now and had actually posted on it myself. :o Finally went through and reread all the posts.

From what I gather....I should probably just wait and book on board to gain additional 100.00 OBC. Worth it! :D Just hope they are still running that extra OBC promo when we are on board Oasis in 11 days. ;)

Thanks again for your help! Happy cruising! :D

Edited by island lady

I would book it now, pick up the OBC and then transfer over to a TA to pickup additional perks such as pre-paid grats and added OBC. We just got off the Indy 15 night transatlantic. While on board they were offering special prices for Symphony sailings. We had previously booked the 2018 transatlantic from Barcelona so I thought I would go to the Next Cruise desk to see if they had better prices. We have a D2 deck 12 cabin booked at $3400.00 for both of us. The best price they could offer was $4120.00 total, we said no thanks and went off to see a show. Four days later on the last sea day they posted flyers in the elevator offering an added 50% off for the second guest if you booked today. Went back down to the Next cruise desk talked to a different person and was offered a price of $4160... When I told her that we were shown a price $40.00 less a few days earlier she said we were given a wrong price by the other agent. Next cruise is a hit and miss and better for people that book without checking prices looking for discounts. PS.. The Indy is still in great shape considering she goes in for a complete refurb in a few months. As a side note, I keep reading about formal nights no longer being so formal. We had three formal nights and I would guess 10-15 percent were in Tuxedos and full gowns, 80% in Suits, a few in shirts without ties, and that was for all three nights. Had 4 hundred Americans and over 22 hundred Brits, maybe the demographics make a difference.

Thanks! Yeah, makes your head spin! :o

Booking that far in advance (December 2019) I will have lots of time to monitor pricing and take advantage of the drops before final payment. Does take time to do that, but have many times reduced our balances. :)

I remember that one now and had actually posted on it myself. :o Finally went through and reread all the posts.

From what I gather....I should probably just wait and book on board to gain additional 100.00 OBC. Worth it! :D Just hope they are still running that extra OBC promo when we are on board Oasis in 11 days. ;)

Thanks again for your help! Happy cruising! :D

Take good care of her, we'll be hopping on as you are coming off :)

Like you, I have a 2018 sailing in mind and was thinking I'd talk to the folks on the ship to see if there were any advantages to booking on the ship over just booking online now.

About to book a 7 night for December 2019. Will be on board Oasis in 11 days. I can book online RCI website right now and get 100.00 OBC. Is there any advantage to waiting to book on board with Next Cruise at all any longer?? :o

Onboard credit per cabin

• 5-7 night cruises
    • Interior/Oceanview: $50
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $100
    • Grand Suite & Above: $200

[*]8-10 night cruises

• Interior/Oceanview: $100
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $150
    • Grand Suite & Above: $300

[*]11-14 night cruises

• Interior/Oceanview: $150
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $200
    • Grand Suite & Above: $400

[*]15 nights or longer cruises

• Interior/Oceanview: $200
    • Balcony/Junior Suites: $250
    • Grand Suite & Above: $500

PLUS, EARN UP TO $100 IN ADDITIONAL ONBOARD CREDIT OR DOLLARS OFF

WHEN YOU BOOK MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!*

Take good care of her, we'll be hopping on as you are coming off :)

Like you, I have a 2018 sailing in mind and was thinking I'd talk to the folks on the ship to see if there were any advantages to booking on the ship over just booking online now.

The old original Next Cruise Certificates were the best IMHO, then they became pretty much worthless with the introduction of the Next Cruise department booking on board. Now it seems booking online is not much different than booking with NC, unless they are having an OBC special.

Enjoy your cruise! I will wave to you as we disembark! :)

Onboard credit per cabin.

PLUS, EARN UP TO $100 IN ADDITIONAL ONBOARD CREDIT OR DOLLARS OFF

WHEN YOU BOOK MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!*

Thanks! :D That was the special I was looking for, which I believe is only good for booking on board, and not online. Just hoping that on board OBC special is still offered when I board on the 26th. ;)

You should not need the title or number.

It is very simple to use the " Search" function on this site to find just about anything,..

I did. You also need to know some of the wording in the thread title, which

I did not have.

Thanks for your help. :o

Thanks! :D That was the special I was looking for, which I believe is only good for booking on board, and not online. Just hoping that on board OBC special is still offered when I board on the 26th. ;)

Good news, it's not a special. That is the current offer.

On a 7 day cruise in a balcony, you should get $100 OBC, plus another $100 OBC for booking six months out. $200.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a RCL ship and just got off Thanksgiving morning and we booked with Next Cruise, and we also attached our travel agent to it so we were able to get any additional deals from them, but the next day there was a better Black Friday deal, so I called my travel agent who now has control of our reservation and she got us even more OBC, plus the OBC our travel agency throws in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It paid off to wait to book our Harmony cruise until after boarding Oasis yesterday. Booked the same cabin, date, and price I was looking at on line at home. But by waiting to book here on Oasis this morning, scored an additional 100.00 OBC. Worth it! ;)

It paid off to wait to book our Harmony cruise until after boarding Oasis yesterday. Booked the same cabin, date, and price I was looking at on line at home. But by waiting to book here on Oasis this morning, scored an additional 100.00 OBC. Worth it! ;)

Yes this appears to be standard on NC booking now. $100 OBC.