New friends onboard Armonia 20th July!!

zenithienta

Hi everybody!!

My name is Dunia. I am Spanish (so sorry if my English is not very good/well), but come to this fórum to try to find new possible friends to meet onboard, because in the Spanish fórums we don't find more people who go in this date!!

I will go to the Armonia ship on 20th July 2015, with a friend of mine, Raquel.

We are worried about these points:

1) Does the ship moves too much? some people say so.... And I get sick in just a few seconds..... I think I'll have to be taking pills to avoid get sick

2) Now the occupancy on the Armonia it's more than last year due to the enlargement, and also some people say that are not seatings enough in the buffett. I thought that maybe we can carry the food to our cabin, and enjoy the meal there, in our balcony

3) We were thinking to change into a Suite cabin, but looking for pics through internet, I saw it's really a sadly cabin. It's almost like a "normal" cabin, not a suite.....do you recomend us to stay in our balcony category? Or you have here a thread about this kind of cabin? so we'll take a look

... And I don't remember more questions by the moment.... :D Hope to find more people travelling in our date so we can practise our English with you here, and onboard too, and to meet new friends! Most of the people I have on my Facebook are from the trips I made and from the Fórums :)

Greetings from the south of Gran Canaria :cool::cool: where the sun is always shinning!! (Armonia have been hereeeee :rolleyes::rolleyes: ) .

Hello!!!

I'm Raquel, Dunia's friend. As she said before, we are from Spain (so sorry if I make mistakes in my writing), and we are travelling on MSC Armonia sailing from Palma de Mallorca.

This will be our second cruise with MSC Cruises (the first one was in the Fantasia), so we hope to enjoy it so much as possible!!!

In addition to the questions made by my friend, I'd like to ask another thing related to Allegrissimo package. In the description of Allegrissimo says that the ice creams of La Gelateria are included, but I'd like to know if there's someone who has been recently onboard that could tell me if apart of the ice creams there's something else in La Gelateria (smoothies,...). Furthermore, does anyone have the menu of the Room Service?

Keep in touch!!! :cool::)

Wow, Raquel! You write English really good!!! I thought you were still learning some English but I see you can teach me, jajajajaja!! :D:)

That question that you made is a good one. Let's hope someone explains us how is it, and if someone got the menú from the Room Service. Someone told in a foro that it's only cold food, but I think that was on the Costa Diadema.... :confused: I'm confused with the preparation of these two cruises!

See ya! :cool:

Raquel, you can order anything off of any menu - including the ice cream bar menu that does not have an asterisk * next to it.

The asterisk * indicates that it is only available on the premium package.

With allegrissimo you can only have ice cream that comes in a cup or a cone. So it excludes all the sundaes but you can order any drink on the menu that is available without the * (asterisk). Try the "dirty banana smoothie" it is delicious.

try this link for some sample drink menus http://cruisemiss.com/2013/09/09/msc-cruises-allegrissimo-drinks-package/

Edited by Janet&Carl

Thanks for answering, Janet&Carl. We'll try this cocktail, that only with the name it already looks delicious!! :p ;)

One more question I'd like to ask is if in the Room Service you can order any drink without paying an extra fare (with the Allegrissimo).

Thanks again for your time!!

Thanks for answering, Janet&Carl. We'll try this cocktail, that only with the name it already looks delicious!! :p ;)

One more question I'd like to ask is if in the Room Service you can order any drink without paying an extra fare (with the Allegrissimo).

Room service costs extra and I think now not available to passengers booked in Bella experience.

Allegrissimo is really good value. I always go for the cheaper one and if I want something not included just pay extra for it. Works out cheaper than buying the premium one. However it tends what you like to drink. I'm happy with Prosecco, beer, wine and Mojitos....and coffee, lots and lots of coffee and the occasional bottle of water.

Heeey!! This great cruise through the Mediterranean Sea is coming!! And nobody else is travelling with us? :(

I know many people read but don't want to write, so please if you are Reading us, send me a private message if you want, and can be in touch and meet on the ship! Just to say hello at least :D

:cool::cool::cool:

Drinks from room service are not covered with Allegrissimo and will be charged to your onboard account.

Room service costs extra and I think now not available to passengers booked in Bella experience.

Allegrissimo is really good value. I always go for the cheaper one and if I want something not included just pay extra for it. Works out cheaper than buying the premium one. However it tends what you like to drink. I'm happy with Prosecco, beer, wine and Mojitos....and coffee, lots and lots of coffee and the occasional bottle of water.

Thanks for you answer. We are in Fantastica experience (as we have a Balcony cabin), so I think Room service 24h is included on the price. However, do you know what can we order from the menu of Room service?

With Allegrissimo, we can bring a bottle of water with us in the excursions, right?

Beamafar, thank you too for your help.

Another thing we can do if we want to drink something in the cabin is just order it at the bar and then bring it to our cabin, as I've seen on other cruises.

Yeah, Zenithienta, the adventure is going to start very soon!!! :cool:;):D It only lasts 8 weeks until the sailing, so this is like closing our eyes, open it again and we'll be on board MSC Armonia!! :p

Keep in touch and If anyone who has travelled recently on this boat can help us with any kind of information, we would be very thankful.

Kisses.

We are in Fantastica experience (as we have a Balcony cabin), so I think Room service 24h is included on the price. However, do you know what can we order from the menu of Room service?

With Allegrissimo, we can bring a bottle of water with us in the excursions, right?

There is a charge for items from the room service menu, just not for the service! Something in the region of €3 per plate. They had an offer of two items for €5 last time I cruised.

Soup of the Day

Italian Antipasto Platter

Mozzarella Caprese

Mediterranean Salad

Chicken Caesar Salad

Smoked Salmon Sandwich (my favourite!)

Tuna Salad Sandwich

Speck Ham Sandwich

Ham & Cheese Sandwich

Egg Salad Sandwich

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich

Cheese Plate

Fresh Fruit Plate

Sweet Temptations (Dessert of the Day)

Fresh Fruit Basket (5 Pieces) €4.90

I've copied the above list from a photo I took of a room service menu from Feb 2014 on Splendida. I don't have a more up-to-date one, nor do I know if Armonia's would be similar and the selection/prices may have changed. Prices have increased on everything else since then! You can also order Pizza but I don't have the prices as I don't eat it. I've been reliably informed that it is very good!

Bottled water in the cabin won't be included in Allegrissimo - you'll have to get it from the MDR or a waiter in the buffet for your excursions.

Edited by Beamafar

Another thing we can do if we want to drink something in the cabin is just order it at the bar and then bring it to our cabin, as I've seen on other cruises.

The adventure is going to start very soon!!! :cool:;):D It only lasts 8 weeks until the sailing, so this is like closing our eyes, open it again and we'll be on board MSC Armonia!! :p

There's no problem bringing drinks back to your cabin to enjoy. Bon Voyage - hope you have a wonderful trip :)

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks a lot, Bea!!!! ;)

Yes, the menu you copy from Splendida is very similar to the Armonia. I don't know where I saw it and remember something like that.

Interesting to know that there's a Price from the dishes you ask for the Room Service, I thought it was all included being in a Fantastica Category

Thanks for your best wishes about our cruise! :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot, Bea!!!! ;)

Yes, the menu you copy from Splendida is very similar to the Armonia. I don't know where I saw it and remember something like that.

Interesting to know that there's a Price from the dishes you ask for the Room Service, I thought it was all included being in a Fantastica Category

Thanks for your best wishes about our cruise! :rolleyes:

You're welcome!

The service is free - the food has a charge unless you have Premium Allegrissimo.