First time Cruiser on Divina

JulieOz

And in general: HAVE FUN!! ours was the third time on a cruise, also very inexperienced compared to some cruisers here, I also practically lived on these boards prior to leaving. I got so many useful tips and advice!

I just read about prepurchasing a photo package, you may want to look into that. We didn't, and it looks really interesting.

Definitely enlist for the roll call, and do go to the meet and mingle, you get to chat to the nice captain Marco Massi, and more cake!! And champagne at 10.30 am. Not a bad way to start a sea day! (Forget about using that gym outfit after that ;);))

I posted a lengthy review about the Divina, we literally got back 2 days ago, and it was a fabulous experience. The best part is leaving a port. Make sure you have a cocktail in your hand and enjoy sliding away and seeing the landscape change. Magical moments!!

Enjoy!

Thank you! ...he has now got BT sports on his phone and have the internet package so he should pick up (West Ham) or any football really ...YAWN!!

Sorry Julie, I should've just said no ;)

DH and I are both avid football fans (or soccer to our US friends) so it's something I plan in. At least you have a lovely ship to explore and enjoy whilst he gets his fix. I've just made DH tour Europe to watch Leicester City when he supports someone else :o

Sorry Julie, I should've just said no ;)

DH and I are both avid football fans (or soccer to our US friends) so it's something I plan in. At least you have a lovely ship to explore and enjoy whilst he gets his fix. I've just made DH tour Europe to watch Leicester City when he supports someone else :o

Thank You! He will miss the hammers but I am sure will survive!.

My friends sailed Aurea last week and you can just show up in the MDR between certain times for dinner - I think 6-8:30? But I'm not positive on the exact start times.

Regarding your luggage...I was in YC and did not have my bag delivered until after 7pm. Our other bags were delivered very early, but somehow my bag ended up on deck 5 instead of 15 they told me. So definitely make sure you have some essentials just in case.

My husband wanted to sign up for the spin classes but they were only offered at 2pm everyday. That didn't work for us on port days and we had massages scheduled at that time on sea days, so we both ended up doing more eating than exercising! Lol. The good news is that neither one of us gained any weight although I felt like I did during the week. We ate and ate and ate! But never tried the sports bar this time around. The pizza in the buffet and especially at Eataly (for a $5-$7 charge for a whole personal pie) are not to be missed!

Happy cruising and enjoy every minute!

Sorry one more question...little confused on dining we have Aurea experience do we just turn up when we want to eat in MDR ? Or still have to book each day but at any time we like? ..thanks!

Sorry one more question...little confused on dining we have Aurea experience do we just turn up when we want to eat in MDR ? Or still have to book each day but at any time we like? ..thanks!

You simply show up and the desired time, as your Aurea experience includes "Anytime dining". There is a section of a dozen or so tables set aside for Aurea guests. We never had to wait, and in fact usually had the same table. No need to reserve our announce yourself in any way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You simply show up and the desired time, as your Aurea experience includes "Anytime dining". There is a section of a dozen or so tables set aside for Aurea guests. We never had to wait, and in fact usually had the same table. No need to reserve our announce yourself in any way.

Not wrong - but anyhow, reservation is recommended (give a call approx. 1 hour in advance)

Regards

Patrick

Zephyr do you recall if any of these Aurea tables were by windows?

From my recollection, there were no tables next to windows. On MSC Splendida, the section reserved to Aurea guests was to one's left and a bit behind, from the entrance of the MDR. When you walk in, you walk may 10 feet to the Maître d's desk and turn to your left around a planter and the section is right there. It is in fact on the front wall of the MDR, nudged between the door MDR entrance and the ship' port side. There a no windows for those tables because the 2 corners of the section were made into elaborate alcoves that can accommodate maybe 6 guests or be a cozy and romantic nook.

From my recollection, there were no tables next to windows. On MSC Splendida, the section reserved to Aurea guests was to one's left and a bit behind, from the entrance of the MDR. When you walk in, you walk may 10 feet to the Maître d's desk and turn to your left around a planter and the section is right there. It is in fact on the front wall of the MDR, nudged between the door MDR entrance and the ship' port side. There a no windows for those tables because the 2 corners of the section were made into elaborate alcoves that can accommodate maybe 6 guests or be a cozy and romantic nook.

Appreciate the info. Thanks.

3 weeks to go! ... flights are confirmed, and e tickets downloaded :')

We have 11am embarkation on the tickets what time should we arrive at the port please?

Thanks again for everybody's help!

Looks like we are on the same sailing. We can't wait either.

We are on the 16th Sep from Miami is anyone else worried about Irma or should it be past by then?

We fly in on the 13th for 3 nights in Miami before the cruise.

I am going to sack my travel agent (me!) for not researching properly!

This is so hard. You made a good choice in booking after all the kids are back in school! But now this. Irma is supposed to be just south-east of Florida this Saturday morning which could certainly impact Divina's return to Miami and the 9/9 cruisers. I think we'll know by Thursday what will happen to this weekend's cruisers. I really think it's going to be a wait and see for the following week - where the storm hits, how hard, and how travel is affected both in South Florida and in the islands. Thoughts are with everyone affected - stay safe!

We are on the 16th Sep from Miami is anyone else worried about Irma or should it be past by then?

We fly in on the 13th for 3 nights in Miami before the cruise.

I am going to sack my travel agent (me!) for not researching properly!

Sorry me again! If they decide to cancel the 16th sailing how much notice do they usually give? We fly 13th on a prize flight so can't change it .. if we cancel now we get no refund on the cruise.

But worries we will get there Wednesday and then Thursday or Friday they decide to cancel ..thanks ! X

Sorry me again! If they decide to cancel the 16th sailing how much notice do they usually give? We fly 13th on a prize flight so can't change it .. if we cancel now we get no refund on the cruise.

But worries we will get there Wednesday and then Thursday or Friday they decide to cancel ..thanks ! X

According to all forecasts, the hurricane will be quite far away from Florida on the 16th. Am on this cruise too. It is unlikely that the cruise will be cancelled but there may be some changes to itineraries depending on what damage Irma causes this week

Thank you..so if my flight takes off Wednesday I should be okay fingers crossed !

There isn't anything forecasted that should affect flights to and from Miami, everything should be fine and the beautiful Divina will be waiting for us on the 16th :) will be keeping an eye out on what damage Divina does to the places we are due to visit on this cruise though

so it obvious we will be going in another direction !...anyone want to guess where it is likely to be ?

I think it would be a western Caribbean cruise as the ports in that area haven't been affected by Hurricane Irma. I can't see us going to St Maarten after seeing the pictures today

I hate to be the bearer of the bad news, and hopefully you know this by now , but information from another post from a cruiser on board Divina now states MSC has announced they are definitely cancelling the Sept 16th sailing . I am truly sorry your plans are being spoiled . You will get a refund and other compensation but not everyone can reschedule a vacation and airlines will not refund any money . Best of luck .