MSC Drink Vouchers Explained

jimmymed3

My GF loves champagne on vacation-- is champagne an option for using a drink ticket? For that matter, are there any drink packages that include champagne? Tangent question-- anyone know if MSC ever offers pre-sailing sales on drink packages like RCL occasionally does?

Never sailed MSC before but Seaside looks very interesting and would be an option for us if we can better understand how their packages and pricing work.

My GF loves champagne on vacation-- is champagne an option for using a drink ticket? For that matter, are there any drink packages that include champagne? Tangent question-- anyone know if MSC ever offers pre-sailing sales on drink packages like RCL occasionally does?

Never sailed MSC before but Seaside looks very interesting and would be an option for us if we can better understand how their packages and pricing work.

Pre-purchasing drinks packages avoids the 15% service charge that's added when buying onboard. Other than that, MSC does not discount their packages.

There are 2 types of sparkling wine included in the basic all-inclusive package - a dry and a sweet. Your vouchers should cover those. Champagne by the glass is included in the premium package.

Here's a link to some of their packages:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

They also offer beer, wine, coffee, water and soda packages. These are advised on "My Bookings" section under "Enhance Your Cruise" when you've made a booking.

Pre-purchasing drinks packages avoids the 15% service charge that's added when buying onboard. Other than that, MSC does not discount their packages.

There are 2 types of sparkling wine included in the basic all-inclusive package - a dry and a sweet. Your vouchers should cover those. Champagne by the glass is included in the premium package.

So if I understand you, there would be a couple sparking wine (i.e., cheaper champagne) options we could get with the tickets. Is that like a Prosecco or something like that? And those would be included with the premium drink package with perhaps a few other champagne options. Is that correct?

Are there any champagne options included with the package that comes with an Aurea cabin?

Thanks so much for your help in sorting out a very confusing topic for me!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

So if I understand you, there would be a couple sparking wine (i.e., cheaper champagne) options we could get with the tickets. Is that like a Prosecco or something like that? And those would be included with the premium drink package with perhaps a few other champagne options. Is that correct?

Are there any champagne options included with the package that comes with an Aurea cabin?

Thanks so much for your help in sorting out a very confusing topic for me!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

I don't know what's offered on Divina (or Seaside which will be the same) in terms of sparkling wine or the brand of champagne that's included in the premium package - only what's on offer in other regions.

The basic package is included in an Aurea booking, which includes the sparkling wine. You can upgrade for the difference between the price of the basic and premium.

• 2 weeks later...
So if you get a drink that is over $8, will they take the drink coupon and charge the difference to your cabin? Or just not take the coupon?

I don't think they will take the coupon but not having tried it I can't be sure. It did seem quite clear though on the drink menus that the premium drinks are not included in the packages

Absolutely! You need to book with a US based giant online agency (not allowed to name them) in order to get 12 alcoholic beverage vouchers per adult.

And I read that in Happy hour you get 2 drinks per voucher.

1) Is this true?

2) Has anyone ever experienced it?

3) Which is the Happy hour?

we booked with Transat .com in canada and the 12 vouchers per person and gratuities for the first 2 guests in the cabin were included . we are on the seaside march 24th sailing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for the info.

We were given about 50 vouchers :eek:left from a friend who was on the Divina in december 2016!!! Can't wait to see if they will take them. Did you or someone you know tried to use old vouchers?

I will keep you posted.

We leave april 1st, for B2B cruises.

Marie :)

Hi Marie,

Were you able to use the drink vouchers? I have 2 back to back cruises booked and we get drink tickets on one but not the other. So if i don't use them all on the first leg, I was wondering if I could use them on the second?

Irene

Hey Everyone,

Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.

We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!

You can watch our new YouTube video explaining the system.

Hope this clears things up! If you have any questions, please ask!

Funny...we were told by the Hotel General Manager while we were on the Divina in Nov. 2016 that the coupone COULD NOT be used on subsequent cruises. He even offered to take them and get me credit on my account. I didn't take him up on the offer and we just tried really hard to use them all!

Hey Everyone,

Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.

We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!

You can watch our new YouTube video explaining the system.

Hope this clears things up! If you have any questions, please ask!

The 18 voucher package is no longer available. The mealtime wines package was only a short time promotion when booking. They have a 7 bottle wine package for $160 but only can be used in the Dining room.

Think I answered my own question. Since this program doesn't start until April 1st, nobody could really know the answer. I'm sure they'll be color coded or something though.

Where did you see April 1st? Last year, maybe?

We're sailing in two weeks and we have the 12 vouchers.

The vouchers are not available to purchase for sailings on all MSC ships. The price for the 18 vouchers is $89. The following is from my booking for Divina:

"18 DRINK COUPONS Save with freedom! 18 drinks of your choice that you can consume in bars and restaurants. Included drinks: call-brand spirits (premium brands not included), liqueurs, non-premium cocktails, wines by the glass, draught beer, bottled and canned beer, energy drinks and coolers, canned sodas, fruit juices, premium mineral water, coffee and chocolate based drinks, takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup."

But not on Seaside!

I had the 7 bottle dinner wine package on the Divina. The wine was not good at all. I wasn’t upset about it (cause you know, stuff happens). Anyway. I decided to just drink my water and the occasional glass of wine or beer by the glass since I haf 30 drink vouchers.

But my phenomenal waiter brought me a bottle of good winr free of charge.

Yeah, despite lots of posts claiming the opposite, one can have excellent service outside the YC ;-)

We had the BEST time. But of course we don’t generally let things bother us.

But not on Seaside!

The post you quote is from September last - long before Seaside sailed, so wasn't relevant to Seaside sailings at the time. In fact, back then, people were able to prepay for 18 vouchers for Seaside sailings.

Things are constantly changing when it comes to MSC, so quoting 4 month old posts is probably not the best thing to be doing.

Edited by Beamafar