Divina - "Inclusive" Classic Drink Package - Upgrade to Premium??

pfs

Exactly the same thing here - and you're in the UK right?

No - Ireland. But the UK office handles our bookings.

The booking in question was done through a TA who emailed them to request information on upgrading. They responded with the price difference quoted and not the full price.

No - Ireland. But the UK office handles our bookings.

The booking in question was done through a TA who emailed them to request information on upgrading. They responded with the price difference quoted and not the full price.

Thanks Bea. I've fired off an email to TA so will see if anything more comes of it. I must say, the lack of consistency with MSC is quite striking ... completely dependent on who you speak to!

Thanks Bea. I've fired off an email to TA so will see if anything more comes of it. I must say, the lack of consistency with MSC is quite striking ... completely dependent on who you speak to!

So it seems.

My case is a little tricky. MSC is introducing a new, 2-tier pricing system for the drinks packages which further complicates matters. For 9+ night cruises, the all-inclusive price will drop to €21 pppd; the premium to €40. They were €26 and €50 respectively and these prices remain for <9 night cruises. The new rates apply to our cruise in December.

As I've already said, the all-inclusive was included in our cruise as a promotion. However, MSC is charging us €24 pppd to upgrade - that's the difference in price on the old rates! So, while they are allowing us to upgrade, they're not giving us the reduced price.

since some of you have better "access" to info than the general public ;) ... would anyone know the cost to upgrade (for a 7 night Caribbean sailing) from 734 to 534 ? (Basically from the promo mealtime package to the first level inclusive package?)

Just cruised on Divina Sept 02-09 (see my review here Pleaserevisit the thread). Saw this thread had the same questions and got no where with MSC before sailing. Don't worry, the 1st thing you will be able to do after boarding is upgrading from Classic drink package to Premium for $49. I think it was $109 total including a small service charge for 2 of us. For us it was worth every penny.

Just cruised on Divina Sept 02-09 (see my review here Pleaserevisit the thread). Saw this thread had the same questions and got no where with MSC before sailing. Don't worry, the 1st thing you will be able to do after boarding is upgrading from Classic drink package to Premium for $49. I think it was $109 total including a small service charge for 2 of us. For us it was worth every penny.

Thank you, but what we have is the Mealtime Drink Package. I'd like to upgrade that to the Classic Drink package. I have not been able to get any definitive answers or costs to so doing.

Called MSC directly (after a fairly long hold) and was told that it is NOT possible to upgrade from Mealtime to Classic package in advance. She could not confirm if it could be done onboard.

The following link shows a photo of the drinks package menu prices which are placed on the tables in the bars/lounges around the ship for the first day or two. If you look at the second last blue box -"Want to upgrade your prepaid beverage package?" - you'll see the cost indicated to upgrade from the Mealtime (formerly 'Cheers') to either the basic (formerly 'Allegrissimo') or to the premium drinks package. You need to add 15% service charge. This particular one is in Euros:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53695493&postcount=28

It depends on when you're sailing and for how long, what the difference in price will be for you as MSC are introducing different prices in some categories (which is becoming too complicated to get into here). Maybe someone sailing where the prices are in US$ can post a similar photo on here.

A current Divina poster included this info. The prices are MUCH higher than I anticipated. Looks like we won't be upgrading from Cheers to Classic

Hi Morgsmom,

I have been watching your posts because we are in the same situation- we have the Cheers beverage package included with our December Divina cruise, but want to upgrade to the Classic package, preferably prior to sailing. I guess nobody has been able to find the upgrade code for Cheers to Classic, only seeing the Classic to Premium upgrade code. I was trying to calculate what the difference in cost should be according to my last cruise in July, but the chart you posted has completely different totals, ugh!. I came up with the following pricing:

Cheers- $22.50/day, Classic- $45/day, Premium- $61/day

So, going from Cheers to Classic should be a difference of $22.50/day = $157.50 (or $181.13 if done onboard with 15%)

Cheers to Premium should be a difference of $38.50/day = $269.50 (or $309.93 if done onboard)

I know I've read posts that speak of the new pricing scale, but I thought the only changes were to the children's pricing, but the chart you posted calculates the packages around:

Cheers- $18.50/day, Classic- $48/day, Premium- $55/day (looks like they are trying to push the premium pkg)

Is that price chart from a Divina sailing, or one of the Mediterranean cruises? I was okay with paying less than $200pp to upgrade beverage packages, but I don't think it is worth it for the new prices (I'll just keep my Cheers/mealtime pkg and 12 vouchers per person that come with the fantastica level).

Thank you [emoji4]

You're very welcome! :)

It's becoming impossible to discuss drinks package prices now that MSC has introduced varying prices depending on cruise length which only adds to the confusion that differing rates depending on region creates. :rolleyes:

Hi Morgsmom,

I have been watching your posts because we are in the same situation- we have the Cheers beverage package included with our December Divina cruise, but want to upgrade to the Classic package, preferably prior to sailing. I guess nobody has been able to find the upgrade code for Cheers to Classic, only seeing the Classic to Premium upgrade code. I was trying to calculate what the difference in cost should be according to my last cruise in July, but the chart you posted has completely different totals, ugh!. I came up with the following pricing:

Cheers- $22.50/day, Classic- $45/day, Premium- $61/day

So, going from Cheers to Classic should be a difference of $22.50/day = $157.50 (or $181.13 if done onboard with 15%)

Cheers to Premium should be a difference of $38.50/day = $269.50 (or $309.93 if done onboard)

I know I've read posts that speak of the new pricing scale, but I thought the only changes were to the children's pricing, but the chart you posted calculates the packages around:

Cheers- $18.50/day, Classic- $48/day, Premium- $55/day (looks like they are trying to push the premium pkg)

Is that price chart from a Divina sailing, or one of the Mediterranean cruises? I was okay with paying less than $200pp to upgrade beverage packages, but I don't think it is worth it for the new prices (I'll just keep my Cheers/mealtime pkg and 12 vouchers per person that come with the fantastica level).

Ok, I'm glad I am not the only one in this boat. I, too, was willing go for less than $200 PP for the week, but these prices are from this week's current Divina sailing in the Caribbean. It looks as if there NO break at all in upgrading, and it's worse because no one can figure out how to do so beforehand to avoid the extra 15%. I wanted the flexibility of "outside of dining times" to get a beverage, and hubby was willing to spring for Premium if it meant we could get BETTER wine with dinner. But at these prices, it's just not worth it for us. (Others opinion may vary)