Msc Opera

welshgirl58

We are supposed to be on Ammonia for Xmas 2018 but they've changed the ship to Opera. The reviews seem very poor on this ship. If we cancelled we would lose our deposit but if we went on another ship with a similar itinerary they would charge us £50 admin fee!! We've not changed anything but they have! Any comments for us please. My husband is hopping mad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm I wouldn't worry, they're the fundamentally the same ship, the reviews are based on the experience of that person at that point in time having sailed that itinerary.

Obviously I don't know all the details but it will more than likely be very different by then, and a completely different crew.

What is it in the reviews that are putting you off?

Opera was quite a nice ship when we were on it before it was stretched, no doubt it will be even better now. We were given an upgrade from Inside to Outside to a cabin that is usually used by crew ie Dancers/Entertainers and we found it too small but that is how we saw it, someone else might have been quite happy in it.

Compare the number of reviews to the number the ship can actually carry and you will find that there is a very low percentage who actually write a review, there is no way of knowing if everyone else onboard at a given time enjoyed everything.

The crews change as do the Captains and some are better than others which can affect how crew deal with customers, the same goes for every cruise line.

Plus you have to remember that this is a USA run site and the majority of those from Europe are unlikely to write a review or have heard of CC.

Hi

We have just returned from a Cuba cruise on Opera and had no problems whatsoever, ship was immaculate, cabin was always spotless and plenty big enough for the 2 of us. Crew where friendly and helpful never had to wait too long for service anywhere. Food was decent in MDR though small portions (ask for more it's no problem). Buffet was good we used it every lunch ate in the outer bit and never had a problem getting a seat. Entertainment was fine though a lot of dance classes at peak times ie 9PM which we found a bit odd, this may not be the case if you're not on a Cuban cruise. All in had a great time on a cracking ship

Kev

I've cruised on Opera twice, once before the stretch and once after. It's a wonderful little (?) ship and I'd judge it much nicer than the Armonia even though they're both the same size. With a thousand crew members aboard there's bound to be some bad apples just like there will also be many fantastically wonderful ones. Buon viaggio!

We are supposed to be on Ammonia for Xmas 2018 but they've changed the ship to Opera. The reviews seem very poor on this ship. If we cancelled we would lose our deposit but if we went on another ship with a similar itinerary they would charge us £50 admin fee!! We've not changed anything but they have! Any comments for us please. My husband is hopping mad.

My TA agrees that changing the ship is a "significant change" and has gone back to his company's MSC account manager to get some better consideration for those of us that are unhappy with the change. I'll report back if the result is favourable!

They are same size ships and I don't think any bid difference will be. no need to be mad at all.