Tots on board

lswilmot

Has anyone taken a 3 year old on board? We are contemplating a Gramma and Grandson trip and are interested in hearing of your experience on cruising with a 3 yr old. We are thinking the end of August 2018, and he will just be 3 earlier that month. Any info on the tot programs available would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Ship and itinerary are undecided at this point, but possibly a short cruise and short visit to Disneyworld.

Thanks,

Dang. I thought we were going to be having a discussion of tater tots and where to find them on board. ;p

8f5799c35851014f69852fa164518685.jpg

How about a bacon wrapped tater tot??

Oh, btw, my son started cruising at 2-1/2. Sunday he'll be going on his 37th cruise.....he just turned 20. So, take him and enjoy your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The million dollar question is whether the 3 year old is potty trained or not.

If potty trained, you can take advantage of the included kids programs at no extra charge. If not fully potty trained, you will have to use the Royal Babies and Tots nursery. Which is more baby sitting and not a kids program. This comes with an hourly charge. Huge difference between the two.

If not potty trained and you would like to use the day camps, and that's important to you... I would suggest Carnival over Royal. Carnival offers a proper 2 - 5 year old program, and potty training is not required. They will change diapers.

Has anyone taken a 3 year old on board? We are contemplating a Gramma and Grandson trip and are interested in hearing of your experience on cruising with a 3 yr old. We are thinking the end of August 2018, and he will just be 3 earlier that month. Any info on the tot programs available would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Ship and itinerary are undecided at this point, but possibly a short cruise and short visit to Disneyworld.

Thanks,

Choice of ship makes a huge difference in answers. The larger ships will have a great outdoor water area for the kids as long as the child is potty trained by then. At 3, the child could go to the Adventure Ocean program if they are fully potty trained.

Your child, and you, will have a grand time! Adventure Ocean (the kid's club) will entertain and amaze your tot! And there are plenty of new and unique places for you, as a family, to explore. You can have your time, the child can be entertained in 1st class fashion...all is good with the world!

Harmony has a large splash pad for non potty trained children still in swim diapers. Only ship I'm aware of that has this.

And again, reiterating, even if 3 years old, must be potty trained for adventure ocean. Wouldn't want you disappointed as they will turn away if not out of diapers.