Regal Princess October 14 to 21, 2017 New England/Canada

Bimmer09

Gruss Gott!

Yes I do have my own youtube channel with about 350 videos-some from Germany and Austria too. All of my CC videos going back to 2011 are there.

Norris

Well then you can upload the last party with the drop there. in advance a good trip to the new year then. greetings

On the bus we learned we would stop at the "Reversing Rapids" which was also listed on our tour description and I looked forward to that. . . .

but not a lot happening on the water where the sea and the Saint John River meet. The difference between high and low tide is an astounding 50 feet!

. . .

When we were in St. John by car, I looked forward to the "Reversing Rapids," too. But as your photo shows, it's pretty underwhelming. I got more of a kick out of the low tides and then very high tides along that whole coast. Not too far north of St. John, there is a small bay you can walk across when the tide is out!

When we were in St. John by car, I looked forward to the "Reversing Rapids," too. But as your photo shows, it's pretty underwhelming. I got more of a kick out of the low tides and then very high tides along that whole coast. Not too far north of St. John, there is a small bay you can walk across when the tide is out!

Barb, I think my 2nd set of shots show a bit more action on the water. That was maybe 4 hours or so later in the day. I haven't looked at them yet.

Norris

One clarification Norris, if you can! We are on Emerald Deck on the Royal in February. I understand the designers skipped the central stairs on both the Regal and the Royal initially. Then I think they opened them up again. However in the deck plans it appears they only opened them on the public floors. So from Deck 8 Midships we will have to either use the elevators or walk to the fore or aft stairwells. Have I got that right ?

Hi Liz. we sailed a 10 day Caribbean cruise in february on the royal and to answer your question they did open up the center stairs and they go all the way down as we stayed on the lido deck and did that hike often. They are a little narrower but if I hadnt read about the issue of opening them up on cruise critic I never would have noticed.

Hi Liz. we sailed a 10 day Caribbean cruise in february on the royal and to answer your question they did open up the center stairs and they go all the way down as we stayed on the lido deck and did that hike often. They are a little narrower but if I hadnt read about the issue of opening them up on cruise critic I never would have noticed.

Hi, kimcht. When I look at the deck plans for the Royal and Regal Princess ships, the central stairs appear go from deck 4(Gala) to deck 15 (Marina), but don't show on deck 16 (Lido). Your quote, above, seems to indicate that the central stairs do go up to deck 16 (Lido). Is that the case? Do the stairs go to Lido deck?

TIA.

Well I promised to write something every day and have done so now for 4 weeks but this morning when I got up earlier than I needed to, to write, my worst nightmare happened-no not the one where I am speaking to a large crowd in public and find I have no clothes on-that happens a lot actually-no, the nightmare is NO INTERNET ACCESS!! That was 7 am until noon when I left for work. Router supplied by cable company has passed away.

Luckily Carol found an old router when she got home from a Business meeting in Chicago and now we have Internet as this proves.

Phew!

In the hours at my disposal this morning I went ahead into Lightroom and prepped photos for Future consumption so will continue in the morning as I have just got home at 11p.m

Please join me tomorrow for the continuing story...

Norris

Thanks for the Clarification! Will be great to be able to walk up and down for the public areas.

Now another question. Late Traditional dining looks like it is still available only via the Aft. Am I correct?

Liz, let me answer this question with a YES the Allegro is aft, under the Vista Lounge. It's trad only in the evening and is your MDR breakfast source. It is the room where Bogdan lives and the room where the Chef's Lumiere table is (you'll see that later). Concerto deck 6 midships is where we ate with first seating Trad and ATD from 7.30 to 10. Symphony deck 5 Midship is ATD from 5 to 9.30.

Norris

KINGSBRAE GARDENS CONTINUED

My favorite garden was the Sculpture garden as it was so unexpected to find such a thing

37816219144_ee6fb3144f_b.jpg

38531716721_2d0e7ab485_b.jpg

Plus it had coneflowers which we have at home in Michigan

37644516415_1b107d270d_b.jpg

and grasses

38476239276_bf60ec21c0_b.jpg

and this crazy sax player

37644521575_0dddfa68a6_b.jpg

37644524705_91f17f4385_b.jpg

More

37816238504_714be890d4_b.jpg

We like to visit Botanical gardens wherever we go-the Bronx, Munich,San Francisco etc and enjoy the quiet and calm there. This small scale private version, at the end of the visitor season was a nice getaway from the ship

24659440538_81b16002d4_b.jpg

Cute Eskimo

38476259946_a41158a20a_b.jpg

Giant Cardinals

38500281832_e0d9493a7a_b.jpg

26756148369_511da97bef_b.jpg

More

38476264196_3d7e7cde06_b.jpg

26756154259_ac2c405006_b.jpg

38531711881_0bc7073dd4_b.jpg

We were heading to the great house for a lunch and when Bonnie the guide had mentioned it on the bus on the way here she told us there would be chicken and prosciutto sandwiches, iced tea and beer. She went there-she said beer and so I was looking forward to some amber refreshment in a nice crisp lager to pair with my sandwich

On the way to the house we met the resident Alpacas on the lawn with their handlers

38531768851_6de8701563_b.jpg

38476275086_65f1c8cd4d_b.jpg

A little goat too

38476277686_4ea9cb2f0a_b.jpg

The lunch was served in a little warren of tea rooms. As well as the sandwich they served Maritime Chowder and shortbread apple cookies which they were so proud of a recipe was included to take away. I ordered a beer, the highlight of this meal only to be told that as it is the end of the season they allowed it to run out and "no beer for you!" I got up from the table and excused myself to go wander outside as there were some loud talking ladies at the table harshing my buzz. I sought the peace of the gardens.

Nothing (except the word Autumn) says Autumn like pumpkins and some hay bales

38476283416_7e0a22164e_b.jpg

Very rustic

38476286676_e7c01ce650_b.jpg

The grasses are hibernating, waiting for Spring

38476293986_c15c429882_b.jpg

38476288916_4cf2b01e50_b.jpg

Lunch is 45 minutes of free time and I am using mine to wander lonely as a cloud of cigarette smoke, far from the others lest I offend

Hi, kimcht. When I look at the deck plans for the Royal and Regal Princess ships, the central stairs appear go from deck 4(Gala) to deck 15 (Marina), but don't show on deck 16 (Lido). Your quote, above, seems to indicate that the central stairs do go up to deck 16 (Lido). Is that the case? Do the stairs go to Lido deck?

TIA.

ugh, so sorry, I think you are right, we walked up to 15 and through the hallway of staterooms to the front stairs to get to our room. It was nice to be close to the horizon court and pool on the lido deck, but we got lots and lots of pedometer steps going to dinner and shows.

A short video to give some of the flavor of this charming spot

wzli82IR5z8

Plastic buckets as art

38476302896_1f37900b52_b.jpg

The geese fly south for the Winter

38476297636_a03c8d6146_b.jpg

and we drive on to St.Andrews, half a mile or so

38476299566_182b8e04de_b.jpg

and we'll see you there...

Norris, sorry I am so late. I have a note from my mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rob, I passed your note to a handwriting expert and he says that your "mother's" writing looks suspiciously like your own.

You can stay however.

Norris

• Haha 1

ugh, so sorry, I think you are right, we walked up to 15 and through the hallway of staterooms to the front stairs to get to our room. It was nice to be close to the horizon court and pool on the lido deck, but we got lots and lots of pedometer steps going to dinner and shows.

Thanks, kimcht. It's not a big issue as long as the elevators are working.

If you like gardens and sculpture you might enjoy a visit to the New Jersey Sculpture Garden in Trenton/Hamilton, NJ if you are ever in the area. A most unexpected beauty in a frequently thought less than beautiful state and area. As a "Jersey Girl" I rather like it.

th?id=OIP.V4kBd32_z-_vwpfvf00a5gEsDI&w=200&h=148&c=7&qlt=90&bgcl=ececec&pid=PersonalBing

woman-head-on-water.jpg

Good evening Norris. After a short trip to Houston this past weekend, work, and life, I got a bit behind but all caught up now. Following and loving this review. Have you and Carol been to Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Canada on your adventures? So amazing. Your pics are so welcome.

I am trying (begging) for a cruise next July on Azamara Journey with hubby. So far, not enough begging. From London to Dublin and there abouts. Have never been on Azamara but I am liking what I see. We haven't done a cruise since 2015.

Wishing you and Carol a very blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving. Little Snowy says she gets some catnap or a little bit of turkey for her day.