When are you sailing to and around or in South America and What ship will you be on?

CoachTerry14

We are sailing on the Infinity on January 17th from Valpariaso to Buenos Aires. We will be arriving in Santiago on the 15th for two days before we sail.

Vicki

ACJV

Back to Back Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso (Jan 3 - 17/05) and Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (Jan 17 - 31/05) on Celebrity - Infinity.

There are 5 of us in our group - on the back to back and we will be joined by another couple Valpariso - Buenos aires.

We are on the Rotterdam VI HAL on November 20, 2005 leaving from Rio going around the horn to Valparaiso. I check this section about every other day. I hope that we can all help each other plan this great trip!

jc

Upcoming cruise HAL Rotterdam VI 11/2005 South America

Legend of the Seas RCI 3/03 New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii, Adventure of the Seas RCI 2/02 Southern Caribbean, Radiance of the Seas RCI 10/01 Vancouver to Hawaii, Millennium Celebrity 10/00 Eastern Mediterranean, Galaxy Celebrity 12/99 Southern Caribbean, Sensation Carnival 4/98 Eastern Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas RCI 1/96 Western Caribbean

email me at xpcdoojk@yahoo.com

We are on the Royal Princess sailing out of Buenos Aires on January 24, 2005. We are taking a pre-cruise tour starting on January 20 out of Rio to Iguazu Falls.

Sailing from Galveston aboard the Grand in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;11;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Cruise/Tour around Cape Horn in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;1;20;9;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

We will be sailing November 11, 2004 from Rio to Valpariaso on board the HAL's Amsterdam.

Jim

Next up: Amsterdam 11/11/04

1/04 Oosterdam

7/02 Prinsendam

9/00 Rotterdam

Our dream trip!

Oceania's Insignia - Sails from Valparaiso (Santiago) to Buenos Aires - January 18.

If that ever gets here.

Costa Riviera 6/91

Regent Sun 8/92

Neui Amsterdam 10/95- NCL Seaward 8/96

Royal Odyssey 10/96 & 4/97

NCL Crown 4/98

Commodore 9/00

NCL Wind 11/00

HAL Statendam 1/02 Rhapsody of the Sea 5/02

Princess Golden 8/30/02 Millenium 10/14/03

Constellation 8/26/04 Constellation 9/7/04

Oceania Insignia 1/18/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pop:

We will be sailing November 11, 2004 from Rio to Valpariaso on board the HAL's Amsterdam.

Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, I hope I can convince you to post a review or a travelogue on your trip, as I almost booked that cruise for January, but the rest of the group wanted to go the same time you are going one year later. That is the problem with picking the itinerary I have to let the others pick the time.

jc

jc - I just finished reading two books which had accounts about rounding Cape Horn. The first one was Charles Darwin's "The Voyage of the Beagle" It was an account of his 5 yr journey around the world, including the coastal waters of So. America. The second book was "The Last Time Around Cape Horn" by William Stark. This book is about the author's adventures as an ordinary seaman aboard the windjammer "Pamir" as it sailed from Australia to England on the last voyage for a square rigger to sail around Cape Horn. Good reading in preparation for our trips!!

Next up: Amsterdam 11/11/04

1/04 Oosterdam

7/02 Prinsendam

9/00 Rotterdam

I read Darwin's book 20 years ago, excellent read considering. I am in the middle of the

Aubrey/Mauturin series(movie master and commander) currently, and since it consists of 20 books and I am on number 9, my reading schedule is pretty full. There are several stories so far of south seas adventures and stories about sailing around the tip in them. Great read by the way if you like Napoleonic sea warfare novels.

jc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived