MSC Orchestra Eastern Mediterranean Live Trip Report

Love2Cruz2015

Hello folks...the time is finally here. I booked this cruise nearly a year ago and tomorrow, I will be starting this vacation that checks off a bunch of items on my Bucket list!:D

I was unsure of whether I was going to hold off and do a detailed Trip Report upon my return but once I learned I can upload photos from my iPhone/iPad on the Tapatalk app, I thought it would be more fun if I posted Live...of course this is dependent on when/if wifi works! The hotels we are staying at advertise free wifi and I did buy a social plan for the cruise.

This vacation will hit a couple of spots in Europe and will culminate with a voyage on the MSC Orchestra on an Eastern Mediterranean itinerary. This will be my first time on MSC but my mother's second time. Which brings me to my travel partners, my mother and my 6 year old daughter...aka "The Girl's Club":cool:

The trip will start off with a flight from home, Miami, Florida to Lisbon Portugal on Tap Portugal airlines. We will be staying in Lisbon for two nights before flying out to Venice where we will stay one night before boarding the Orchestra.

Here is the cruise itinerary: (Disregard the dates, this is just an image I found online that I copied...our cruise leaves on June 12th)

53d90e75-8369-4612-b84d-3184b12f93c7_zpsxtpdv6yk.png

This is my second trip report and I am more into "letting the pics tell the story" type of writer. Though you'll get some commentary from time to time.:cool:

And just so you all don't think Maureen is the only cat lover here, here are my three felines which will be watched over by "Nonno" while we are away, Luigi, Mama and Serenity.

dd67dac763c63c3d4ccb72783bf4cf9b.jpg

4da57ce249da07d5f9ab05264793089c.jpg

bae4d66bcf2dd164940c6461b98aceec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

Can't wait to hear more. Please describe in more detail about Venice and where you staying? Transport to and from? Thank You!!!! Have fun Girls.....

I plan on taking Alilaguna waterbus from airport to hotel, which is just a 5 minute walk from the Alilaguna San Zaccaria stop... This is also our first time in Venice...so have no idea what to expect.

I'll post more about the hotels as we get there..including pics of rooms/food, etc.:D

Ohhhh, this is going to be good. Three generations of ladies!!! Be safe and looking forward to your journey with you. :) PS. You live in Miami and have never been on the Divina??

Edited by champagne123
ffff

I plan on taking Alilaguna waterbus from airport to hotel, which is just a 5 minute walk from the Alilaguna San Zaccaria stop... This is also our first time in Venice...so have no idea what to expect.

I'll post more about the hotels as we get there..including pics of rooms/food, etc.:D

Hey, San Zaccaria is our stop too. Are you staying at the Musica Hotel? You'll love it!! I'm super excited for your review because I'm struggling with what to do in Corfu and Kotor! Do you need any last minute suggestions for Venice? Cute kitties, be safe, have fun!

It's a beautiful day in South Florida. Doing last minute preparations. Heading down to Miami Intl. around 1pm. I slept well last night, for a change as I normally don't the night before a trip.

Thanks all for the well wishes...stay tuned!

0bca23b941c4cfcdb806f0520e2d59f5.jpg

Hey, San Zaccaria is our stop too. Are you staying at the Musica Hotel? You'll love it!! I'm super excited for your review because I'm struggling with what to do in Corfu and Kotor! Do you need any last minute suggestions for Venice? Cute kitties, be safe, have fun!

Thanks...For Corfu I booked a special excursion for my daughter, it's a surprise for her so she doesn't know. For Kotor, I plan on waking up early to enjoy that entrance into what looks like fjords from my aft balcony and then walking around the old city..no excursions planned for that.

As for Venice, we plan on hitting San Marco cathedral, tasting some of their delicacies like pasta con le seppie (squid ink pasta), gelato, granita di limone and a ride on a gondola. I'm looking forward to just walking around and seeing the bridges, Rialto and just enjoy a laid back day. We are staying at a 16th century palazzo turned hotel right off the main waterway...Stay tuned for more details...;)

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

As for Venice, we plan on hitting San Marco cathedral, tasting some of their delicacies like pasta con le seppie (squid ink pasta), gelato, granita di limone and a ride on a gondola. I'm looking forward to just walking around and seeing the bridges, Rialto and just enjoy a laid back day. We are staying at a 16th century palazzo turned hotel right off the main waterway...Stay tuned for more details...;)

I just looked up your hotel. Looks beautiful and it is right in the middle of everything. My advice is to make sure you have super detailed directions to get there from San Zaccari. Venice always looks easy on the map, but in person it's a whole new experience. If you do get lost, just remember it's part of the Venice charm :).

Walking around Venice is great, but don't forget about the Valparetto. You can easily grab a 24 hour pass (and use it to get to the port on departure day). It is super cheap and just like a hop on/hop off bus, only it's a water taxi.

So thrilled for you!!! This is going to be an amazing trip!!! :) :) :)

I just looked up your hotel. Looks beautiful and it is right in the middle of everything. My advice is to make sure you have super detailed directions to get there from San Zaccari. Venice always looks easy on the map, but in person it's a whole new experience. If you do get lost, just remember it's part of the Venice charm :).

Walking around Venice is great, but don't forget about the Valparetto. You can easily grab a 24 hour pass (and use it to get to the port on departure day). It is super cheap and just like a hop on/hop off bus, only it's a water taxi.

So thrilled for you!!! This is going to be an amazing trip!!! :) :) :)

Thanks for the tip on Valporetto...I was just going to take the Alilaguna. The one that stops at San Zaccaria is the Linea Blu...which also takes us to the port. Supposedly it's available at the pier at the airport.

As for getting lost...no biggie, we are native Italian speakers...and as you said, there are worst things in the world than getting lost in Venice...lol

Waiting for my ride now..(my dad)...all dressed up and READY to start on this journey!!

Recommendation on a place close to the hotel that has good gelato? :D

Ohhhh, this is going to be good. Three generations of ladies!!! Be safe and looking forward to your journey with you. :) PS. You live in Miami and have never been on the Divina??

No, lol...hasn't been on my radar until recently...but I am looking at the Seaside for a 2018 trip.:)

Wow, looking forward to your review! My DW and I will take the same cruise in September and we are also booked in an aft balcony cabin (10247).

Have a fantastic time, safe travels and keep us updated :-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SGP312 met Tapatalk

We are at the airport, boarding should begin in about 40 minutes.

It really helps to speak Spanish here. We got some snacks, hot pressed Cuban sandwich and Cuban coffee. Plane is on time. See you on the other side !8ee703b8ddce4e2ff6e26fab896edbe3.jpgb7f841f8ee91f63145f80a81987c5a5f.jpge767bffc4340d9aa66904624499ea644.jpg

Our plane arrived an hour early. dinner and breakfast was served on board.

dd96b0f5881a2f19a94f32575c1991e4.jpg

We arrived to our hotel early so stayed in the lobby for a bit and then went for breakfast, which is included. Our hotel is about 20 min drive from airport. We paid 15 E for the cab, Holiday Inm Express.

e4ac4a61ad0482f3e0f094b816744771.jpg

ea6c64e836d4874a2a4552afc6fe9c32.jpg

e90fca5f9b3201066bf9bc88d946f28b.jpg

My breakfast

ca6660aae92229fbb944ef9b60d4c00f.jpg

The pastries were fresh, flaky and delicious. We bought a plate of snacks to the room.

9d1b139f942bb4e842e935a1c9da45dd.jpg