Move over offer for our Cruise on the 21st... ummmmm...

Katwoman007

So, this just came in the email. As tempting as it is, nope. Our countdown is on! First real vacation ever... over 14 years!! Plus no kids! ;) I am super excited for our Aft balcony as well!

** INCREDIBLE free cruise offer for Emerald Princess **

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Nov 21st, 2017 sailing of Emerald Princess. Move to a 7-day Mexico sailing any time in January or February 2018 and receive:

*100% of your cruise fare back as a refundable on board credit! *Complimentary upgrade to a spacious mini suite stateroom! *2 EXTRA days for FREE!!! WOW!

Question: It sounds as if you are booked on a 5 day cruise to Mexico. Is this correct? If so I would take the offer. That is just my perspective. Obviously everybody's circumstances and thoughts are different.

We just did a 28 day cruise to Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Pago Pago, and Moorea. We booked it 1.5 years in advance under the Sip and Sail last year. Had they offered us the chance to do the same cruise later for free (and kept the drink package) we would have accepted instantly even though we had already paid for our hotel and flights. We had actually discussed this and, even if it was the day before we were to leave and we had waited sooooooooo long and anticipated the cruise sooooooooo much we agreed we would take such an offer if it was extended. It would have been a bit crushing to change plans that late but... A free cruise is hard to ignore.

I'd take it!

If we had not been counting down since May... have a baby sitter for the 3 kids while the kids were OUT of school AND did not have the Aft balcony C753, we have.... we would totally consider. I mean, a free cruise?! I wish.

The last 4 years I have been recovering from pancreatic cancer and celebrating my 4th year since my surgery on Sunday. Totally been looking forward to this. I am not sure I can wait till Tuesday! hahaha

Question: It sounds as if you are booked on a 5 day cruise to Mexico. Is this correct?

If so I would take the offer. We just did a 28 day cruise to Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Pago Pago, and Moorea. We booked it 1.5 years in advance under the Sip and Sail last year. Had they offered us the chance to do the same cruise later for free (and kept the drink package) we would have accepted even though we had already paid for our hotel and flights. We had actually discussed this and, even if it was the day before we were to leave and we had waited sooooooooo long and anticipated the cruise sooooooooo much we agreed we would take such an offer if it was extended. It would have been a bit crushing to change plans that late but... A free cruise is hard to ignore.

Yeah, 5 days because that is all our child care providers could do. :( There is no way we could do a 7, we tried to get on a 7 but with a 3, 5, and 10 year old, child care is hard to come by!

Didn't I just see you got off the Emerald? :) I freaking cannot wait!

Yeah, 5 days because that is all our child care providers could do. :( There is no way we could do a 7, we tried to get on a 7 but with a 3, 5, and 10 year old, child care is hard to come by!

Didn't I just see you got off the Emerald? :) I freaking cannot wait!

Yep, just off Emerald. It is very clear that you are doing what is right for you in your circumstances. When our kids were young we were waaaaaaaaaaay too poor to cruise so the child care wasn't an issue. Actually, when they were small we couldn't find quality child care in the town where we lived (for 5 loooooooooong years) so my wife started her own home daycare which she did for 20 years. Not only would we have needed to find care for our kids but also for all the others in the daycare. Even if we had come up with the cash to cruise it would have been a logistical nightmare. :eek:

Enjoy your cruise and major congratulations on your "cancer free" status. :cool:

Yep, just off Emerald. It is very clear that you are doing what is right for you in your circumstances. When our kids were young we were waaaaaaaaaaay too poor to cruise so the child care wasn't an issue. Actually, when they were small we couldn't find quality child care in the town where we lived (for 5 loooooooooong years) so my wife started her own home daycare which she did for 20 years. Not only would we have needed to find care for our kids but also for all the others in the daycare. Even if we had come up with the cash to cruise it would have been a logistical nightmare. :eek:

Enjoy your cruise and major congratulations on your "cancer free" status. :cool:

Thank you! It has been a very long 4 years. I was diagnosed and had surgery while 21 weeks pregnant with my youngest. I spent a few months this summer in and out of the hospital due to pancreas issues and so happy they were able to correct the problem AND I got the clear to be able to enjoy some wine! :D One reason we have never taken a vacation is because of cost. So, the fact I convinced hubby to do this was amazing and we budgeted to do it. I wish it was longer, I would love a 10/14 day in Alaska. Maybe one day when we do not have to worry about the kids. lol

I keep reminding myself I totally went room searching and the room alone is what I really wanted. Even if I did not feel well, I could sit and enjoy our balcony. My friend just got off another line today for a 4 day and I just think.. at least I get one more day. hahaha

While I'd take it, I totally understand where the OP is coming from. When you have kids and have to arrange babysitters, your schedule has to be set. I totally get it. Bon voyage and have a fantastic short cruise!

Hubby and I were talking about it and if this was not our first ever real vacation, we would totally push it back. And yeah, super short, but it is, what it is. Better than no cruise, right? ;) I have been away from the kids for a week at a time, but being in the hospital does not count. Hahaha I know I will miss them, but I am so ready for adult time and some sweet ocean views!

The last 4 years I have been recovering from pancreatic cancer and celebrating my 4th year since my surgery on Sunday. Totally been looking forward to this. I am not sure I can wait till Tuesday! hahaha

Congrats!! I would keep the date as well.

A HUGE congratulations to you. You go on this cruise and enjoy every last minute of it! You deserve it after what you have been through.

Enjoy every single minute of your five day cruise!! So happy for you. When your kids are grown, you will have the opportunity to take longer vacations. :D

Our first cruise wasn’t until our 30th wedding anniversary! We have now enjoyed several long cruises and just celebrated our 51st anniversary. Have a great time.

Cheers, Denise

We had to cancel a cruise because my daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer, and were finally able to take a 5 day out of Southern California 18 months later. It was so wonderful to get away after that. And we also had an aft balcony! You will have a fabulous time, and congrats on beating pancreatic cancer, no small feat! :)

Thank you everyone! :* It has been a wild and crazy 4 years. After we paid our trip off, I started having complications and was scared I was going to have to drink broth the whole cruise!! ;p;p;p I have been trying foods out and no issues and I am ready to eat some good food (within reason) and have gotten my conformation email that they know about my dietary issues and all set to meet whomever on Tuesday to discuss!

I just never thought I would see an offer as crazy as this! I knew I would not take it because of not being able to wait one.more.day! haha I am so freaking excited!! I doubt I have ever seen this offer and wanted to see what it was all about! :)

I would do it in a heartbeat. Free cruises don’t come up that often. :)

Tony

Very true. However, when you have been begging for a vacation and its been over 14 years since your last (ummm vegas wedding) and bags are almost packed and child care is ready..... you do what you have been waiting to do! ;p;p;phahahaha Under different terms, I would totally wait it out. I just cannot wait any longer! My last cruise was 1999!! EEK! Hubby has never been! So excited! ;)

OP, don't forget to get a FCC so you have more incentive to book another cruise! Maybe a 7 nighter WITH the kids.

I'm with the Italian driver ;). As so many before me have said, congratulations on your current health status. Take the cruise, enjoy it. Let the staff wait on you (the best part of any cruise imho, no beds to make, no decisions to make...get on the ship, let the Captain drive, and get on shore on occasion).

I look forward to hearing about your experience. I hope you post a review or an update. Enjoy!

OP, don't forget to get a FCC so you have more incentive to book another cruise! Maybe a 7 nighter WITH the kids.

Yes, I have looked into that! Our only issue is being a family of 5, the family suite that could fit us are usually sold out super fast. BUT we can check into that during some down time. ;)

I'm with the Italian driver ;). As so many before me have said, congratulations on your current health status. Take the cruise, enjoy it. Let the staff wait on you (the best part of any cruise imho, no beds to make, no decisions to make...get on the ship, let the Captain drive, and get on shore on occasion).

I look forward to hearing about your experience. I hope you post a review or an update. Enjoy!

Much thanks! :) I do hope to write a review when we get back. I might have to make notes to keep track of everything with still being in the moment. ;)

Back when we were working, our vacation dates were limited to DH's school breaks. I understand not being able to change plans. Now that we're retired, we could. But Princess would have to come up with a much better offer to get me to miss my birthday cruise on the Royal in three weeks. The only type of offer I'd consider would be a move-down offer like some folks on our British isles cruise got this summer--moving from a balcony cabin to an inside for refundable onboard credit in the amount they paid. Since we already had an inside cabin, we did not receive that offer.

Hope you have a great vacation.