Invitation information and wording

denise14

Hello Brides & Grooms!

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with what to put on our invitations... I will be putting up a website - how much information do I actually want to put on the intivation? I will have an insert for the travel agent and website information. Should I list the dates of the cruise or just the wedding date? Should i put any information about the cruise on the invite?

Any advice would be appreciated!:)

Thanks

We used the following for our upcoming wedding with the Message in the Bottle invitations...........

As unique as a seashell

as deep as the sea

As eternal as the waves

our love is meant to be

It is with joy that we,

Bride Name

And

Groom Name

unite in marriage

on Saturday, November 18th, 2006

at Ten Thirty in the morning

Carnival "Fantasy" Cruise Ship

990 Port of New Orleans Place, Berth #1

New Orleans, Louisiana

We found this on a website:

Bride's Name

and

Groom's Name

Will set sail on life’s greatest voyage

as they exchange vows aboard the Carnival Inspiration

please join us for their pre-board wedding

Saturday, the twenty-eighth of October, Two thousand and six

at half after ten in the morning

Tampa, Florida

Cake and Champagne to follow

Hello Brides & Grooms!

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with what to put on our invitations... I will be putting up a website - how much information do I actually want to put on the intivation? I will have an insert for the travel agent and website information. Should I list the dates of the cruise or just the wedding date? Should i put any information about the cruise on the invite?

Any advice would be appreciated!:)

Thanks

Hey denise14! Are you having your wedding on the ship? I'm having the same problems with wording on the invitation. I'm getting married on-shore in St. Thomas during our cruise and so I need help with wether or not to just put the cruise dates or put the date for the wedding on there as well.

Crystal

We verbally told those that we wanted to be there what we were doing but we will be sending invitations with the wording below 8 weeks prior. We are having a big cookout when we return. We decided against putting any other date than the day of our reception b/c as goofy as this sounds, we didn't want to confuse anyone!

BRIDE and GROOM

will be married in a

private wedding ceremony in

Bermuda

You are joyfully invited

to an informal

outdoor wedding celebration

when we return

June 19, 2007

2:00 pm

ADDRESS

CITY , STATE

RSVP

Thanks for all of the info everyone!

Crystal - Yes, I am also getting married on shore- in Key West. I'm wondering if I should even mention the cruise ship name in the invitation. Have you booked your wedding yet? We're you told exactly where on shore you'll be having the ceremony? Good luck to you and CONGRATS!:D

Hey Denise! I actually booked the wedding last week. We're not going through the cruise line though. I'm going with a company in St. Thomas called "Weddings the Island Way". We're getting married on Magen's Bay. I think we have decided not to send out invitations to the people that we're inviting on the cruise with us. I'm going to send out announcements to everyone right before we leave for the cruise. Are you going through the cruise line to book your wedding? Good luck in your planning!

clbythe8, My daughter is also getting married on Megans Bay and we are using WTIW in January. We will be sending announcements from St. Thomas so they will have the postmark, just thought it would be kind of different. If you dock at havensight there is a post office right at the peir. Laura

Thanks for all of the info everyone!

Crystal - Yes, I am also getting married on shore- in Key West. I'm wondering if I should even mention the cruise ship name in the invitation. Have you booked your wedding yet? We're you told exactly where on shore you'll be having the ceremony? Good luck to you and CONGRATS!:D

I am getting married in Key West three weeks from Friday while on a cruise. I chose not to book through the ship and planned it myself. We saved enough to pay for the cruise!

Our ceremony is in the botanical garden at the Audubon House, I have a local florist for the flowers, a Key West photographer who provides an album of 35 pictures along with all negatives, a brunch reception with champagne for 10. Total cost is $1400, through the cruise line it was more than twice that.

Best of luck:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I wish I had enough courage to book our wedding through someone other than the cruise line! My problem is that we're getting married in mid October which is the end of hurricane season. It would just be too horrible to not get married if the ship had to re-route due to weather.

Have you guys ever been to Magen's Bay? It is GORGEOUS!!!! Simply GORGEOUS!!! You will LOVE it!! The water is perfectly blue. You will have a wonderful wedding at Magen's Bay!!!! Congrats to you all!!

With the wording on the invites, I'm thinking that I should include something about the cruise because everyone that's coming to the wedding will be cruising with us so I'm sure they'd like to know what their in for. Still contemplating what to do with here... Crystal - have you figured out what you're doing yet?

Our wedding invitation just said:

Michele _____ and Jim ______ request the honor of your presence as they celebrate their marriage on August 6, 2006, at half past ten o'clock in the morning onboard the Carnival Conquest, Galveston, TX.

Then a small box at the bottom that said "reception immediately following the ceremony".

I included a flyer with directions to the port on one side and instructions on the other. Here are the instructions:

Important Information about Jim & Michele’s Wedding

Dear Family & Friends,

We are very excited about our upcoming wedding and hope that you will be able to join us to share in this special day! The ceremony and reception will be held onboard the Carnival Conquest before we set sail. A unique feature of a cruise ship wedding is the special requirements that guests must follow due to government and cruise line regulations. We hope that these requirements do not inconvenience you in any way.

1. We must submit a complete guest list with the date of birth and legal name of each guest attending our wedding. Therefore, we do need to receive your completed R.S.V.P. card no later than July 10, 2006.

2. All guests are required to provide photo identification such as a driver’s license or passport in order to board the ship. Children under the age of sixteen must bring a birth certificate.

3. When you arrive at The Port of Galveston, you will be directed to short-term parking facilities ($8.00). Please tell the police that you are at the Port for a wedding so that they may direct you to an expedited lane.

4. Although the ceremony will be held at approximately 1:00 p.m., please arrive at the Port no later than 10:30 a.m. There will be a wedding check-in desk and our guests will be given priority boarding as soon as the ship clears customs, which can take up to an hour. There are no food or beverage options until we board the ship so please plan accordingly.

5. Once we are allowed to board, the wedding party will prepare for the ceremony while guests will have the chance to explore the ship. The Conquest is the newest vessel in Carnival’s fleet and we understand it is an experience not to be missed, so please enjoy your time on board! Non-sailing guests can remain on the ship until 3:30 p.m., which is an hour before sailing.

6. Your presence at our wedding is gift enough. However, Carnival has asked us to inform our guests that any gifts brought onboard will be subject to duty fees in accordance with U.S. Customs regulations. If you feel led to provide a gift, you may want to consider delivery to our home address.

Please call us at home at 281.XXX.XXXX with any questions you may have, or you can contact us through our wedding website at http://ournames.weddings.com. If you are unable to attend our wedding in person, we ask you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as you will be in ours. We hope to see you soon!

Love,Jim & Michele

Hi Everyone!

I wish I had enough courage to book our wedding through someone other than the cruise line! My problem is that we're getting married in mid October which is the end of hurricane season. It would just be too horrible to not get married if the ship had to re-route due to weather.

Have you guys ever been to Magen's Bay? It is GORGEOUS!!!! Simply GORGEOUS!!! You will LOVE it!! The water is perfectly blue. You will have a wonderful wedding at Magen's Bay!!!! Congrats to you all!!

With the wording on the invites, I'm thinking that I should include something about the cruise because everyone that's coming to the wedding will be cruising with us so I'm sure they'd like to know what their in for. Still contemplating what to do with here... Crystal - have you figured out what you're doing yet?

Hi Denise! I ended up just sending out email invitations to everyone that we are inviting on the cruise. I attached a cruise itinerary and information on booking. Before we leave I plan on sending out annoucements to everyone in the mail. I also want to make a newsletter to send out to the people cruising with us. Everything seems to be going as planned so far. I'm in the process of making my own "Beach in a Bottle"s as wedding favors for my guest. This is the wording I used on my email invitation and I also included information as to where the ceremony was going to be held. Good Luck!!

IT'S A SHORE THING...WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!

You're Invited to Join

Bride

&

Groom

As They Set Sail on Their Wedding Cruise

Aboard the Carnival Glory

Saturday, April 28th, 2007

Details Below

Hey clblythe8,

I'll be coming off the Glory on April 28th from my April 21st wedding on the Glory. Good Luck to you.

I have been bad and have not done my invitations yet. We sent out Save the dates and a wedding info sheet and will mail the invitations in Jan. with the special RSVP instructions.

Mother of the Bride here. Our daughter chose an "at sea" wedding after reading so much on these boards. We did a "sort of " traditional announcement from the parents and included information about the cruise and a link to the website my daughter's TA set up for her. I will be happy to e-mail a copy of the announcement to anyone who would like to see it.

Mother of the Bride here. Our daughter chose an "at sea" wedding after reading so much on these boards. We did a "sort of " traditional announcement from the parents and included information about the cruise and a link to the website my daughter's TA set up for her. I will be happy to e-mail a copy of the announcement to anyone who would like to see it.
Please send me a copy of all your information. Thank-you so much!

edbellschool@charter.net

I would like a copy also as a MOB who just found out this week!

sue.youngatearthlink.net (remove at and insert aphersand sign) spam prevention.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I am getting married in Key West three weeks from Friday while on a cruise. I chose not to book through the ship and planned it myself. We saved enough to pay for the cruise!

Our ceremony is in the botanical garden at the Audubon House, I have a local florist for the flowers, a Key West photographer who provides an album of 35 pictures along with all negatives, a brunch reception with champagne for 10. Total cost is $1400, through the cruise line it was more than twice that.

Best of luck:)

Caviargirl - How was your wedding in Key West? I am planning a Feb 2008 wedding there, leaving out of Tampa, FL. Who should I use for flowers, photography, etc?

another "MOB" here! my son and fiancee's wedding is in bermuda on 8/3 (part of the 8/1 sailing of crown princess). we have 26 familiy and friends going on the cruise. we are looking to compose a welcome letter for all, inclusive of the wedding events and details, everyone's cabin numbers, what is going on the rest of the week, etc. has anyone or is anyone doing something like this? i would be so grateful for any input of format you may have. thanks so much...

• 1 month later...