2009 Brides!

mara93

Hi There,

I'll be an '09 bride- we'll be getting married aboard the Carnival Splendor on October 25, 2009, going on a 7 day to Mexico out of Long Beach. I can't wait! I know it's still early, but these boards have really helped me anticipate things that can get overlooked. To all the ladies here- thank you for all your input and insight!!

I will be lurking for quite a while longer!!

Hollie

Been wondering when this thread would be started!! Im so excited and have been lurking on these boards since December!!

Im planning an Alaska Cruise Wedding for July 2009 on NCL --on either the Norwegian Pearl or Star from Seattle!

Conrgats to everyone!!

Also, this board has soo much great info and advise, so looking forward to a year of planning!

I'm getting married on 2/26/09 after docking in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We're planning on having about 30 people join us on the Carnival Freedom, having the ceremony, then staying in Jamaica for a few days to have a honeymoon. I know it's over a year away but I am getting really excited. It will be such a great experience having our family and friends there for this vacation and then throwing in a wonderful wedding! :)

countdown.pl?name=mromanosky&date=2-22-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Carnival Freedom

event.png

Yayyy I'm planning to marry in 2009 as well. Unfortunately we don't have a date picked yet.:( We are planning to marry with Princess October 2009 but the itineries aren't out yet. I can't wait to start planning.

Hey Bambina! We're in the same boat....would like a ship board wedding on Princess but can't move forward without itineraries! :( My FI and I both work at a University. I'm administration and he's faculty, which makes my schedule more flexible. We can't go til after finals and always have to travel with the academic calendar in mind b/c of his teaching. We like traveling before public school lets out and things are a bit less crowded with family vacationers which why we tend to vacation in May.

My only anxiety about the May date is that I'm divorced and my first wedding was May 25th. That was 17 years ago but I'm under the impression that you can't always pick the actual DATE of the ceremony. I'm ok with another May wedding, after all the first one was so long ago, but not the same DAY. That would really freak me out!!:eek::eek: I've heard such horror stories about TWE that I'm really nervous about how to make sure that doesn't happen.

Where is your destination? We're thinking Alaska in May 09.

We're first time cruisers so we're dealing with all the stuff that comes with planning a wedding PLUS getting up to speed on cruising.

I can't remember where I heard/read this, but I'm under the impression that Princess will release 09 dates in May 08. What have you heard?

Latinhunny--thanks for starting this thread. :) I'm trying to keep my excitement/anxiety/stress in check. It will be great to have a group of 09 Brides to share the experience with. :D

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hey ladies!! I'm getting married on January 17th on the Carnival Liberty in the port of Miami!! YAY! I'm so excited I can barely stand it! We are geting married on the tapestry room and I hear its REALLY beautiful after they dress it all up! We've got 32 people sailing with us!

We're planning a summer of 09 wedding (hopefully July). Still waiting to book the cruise because Princess and RC don't have their schedules up yet :( We're hopefully cruising to the western Caribbean out of FL with the wedding in port in FL.

All of the details are still unknown but I'm so excited to start planning :D

Do I count? We're doing a vow renewal for our 20th anniversary on Carnival Ecstasy on June 22, 2009 out of Galveston. I have really gotten a lot of good information from all of you on these boards. I only wish you as great a marriage as we have had, even through all the hard times we have had to endure. Beth

I'm a 2009 bride also! We have yet to pick a date because RCL has yet to put out their itineraries. It will be the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. So far we have about 30 people who would like to go, but just waiting on them so we can finally book the cruise. I am talking to Debra with Fantasiaweddings.com and want to get married on the beach in St. Thomas.

Hi ladies! I'm new here, but I just had to join when I saw this thread! My fiance and I are (hopefully) planning to get married in September '09. We are looking at getteing married on a 4 day Carnival cruise from Galveston to Cozumel. We don't know much about them, so any advice would be helpful!!!

We've both only sailed with Royal Caribbean, but they don't do short cruises out of Galveston. We love our families, and want them to see the wedding... but we still want our own private honeymoon, which is why we want a short cruise!! ;)

Hey Bambina! We're in the same boat....would like a ship board wedding on Princess but can't move forward without itineraries! :( My FI and I both work at a University. I'm administration and he's faculty, which makes my schedule more flexible. We can't go til after finals and always have to travel with the academic calendar in mind b/c of his teaching. We like traveling before public school lets out and things are a bit less crowded with family vacationers which why we tend to vacation in May.

My only anxiety about the May date is that I'm divorced and my first wedding was May 25th. That was 17 years ago but I'm under the impression that you can't always pick the actual DATE of the ceremony. I'm ok with another May wedding, after all the first one was so long ago, but not the same DAY. That would really freak me out!!:eek: I've heard such horror stories about TWE that I'm really nervous about how to make sure that doesn't happen.

Where is your destination? We're thinking Alaska in May 09.

We're first time cruisers so we're dealing with all the stuff that comes with planning a wedding PLUS getting up to speed on cruising.

I can't remember where I heard/read this, but I'm under the impression that Princess will release 09 dates in May 08. What have you heard?

Latinhunny--thanks for starting this thread. :) I'm trying to keep my excitement/anxiety/stress in check. It will be great to have a group of 09 Brides to share the experience with. :D

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Oh wow I'm not the only one suffering from excitement/anxiety/stress?? My FI and I are also first time cruisers. So we're definately in the same boat. I'm also stressing about the fact that my FI and I come from (2) totally different worlds. He's pakistani and I'm Italian...and let me tell you the families are not impressed with our descision not to invovle religion or customs while planning our wedding. " A CRUISE WEDDING???? WHO DOES THAT??" lol So believe me I'm afraid I might be bald before I get married. Look out for my next post. "Anyone know of a great online wig shop?" lol

As for you anxiety about a second marriage the same date as your first well here is a little thing I've learned from an old co-worker once. You can not live your life walking around the places, the songs, or the things that reminder you of an ex... Share them with your new love and quote " TO KILL A MEMORY" from that moment on you make new wonderful memories that remind you of our true love. ;)

As for Princess Itinery release grrrrrr:mad: I keep hearing different dates. My travel agent said the end of April but a couple of different post I've read stated May or June. When I read June I began to cry. I can't wait any longer lol!! Glad we've had the chance to share our story. Looking forward to learning more about 2009 brides and princess cruising.

Ciao

Anna

Archived