Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

Just wanted to see if there were any 2010 brides out there. I know that are quit a few 2009..

I am getting married 1/6/10 in St Thomas at Emerald Beach. We are sailing out of NY on the NCL GEM!!!! I can't wait....... Just wanted to see what eveyone elses plans where.

<<<<Waving hand wildly>>>> I am! We are getting married on Carnival Splendor in late may of 2010 which does the Mexican Riviera itinerary. We are patiently (:p ok, so maybe not that patiently!) awaiting the release of the May 2010 dates so we can start our group booking. I thought for sure that they would have by now but everything is on hold right now until we can actually book the cruise. Right now,we are probably going to have about 10 guests sailing with us and we are thinking of having the ceremony and luncheon package on embarkation day. We are also thinking of having another dinner with all of our guests in the specialty restaurant on a different night. When we get to the port of Cabo San Lucas, we are getting dressed up again and we are doing a trash the dress session with a photographer so we can have some wedding pictures on the beach and in the water. I can't wait!!! Come on Carnival! Release the dates already!!!

Barbie

I am planning a 2010 May wedding...getting married in St.Thomas hopefully bluebeard's beach. Leaving out of New York on the Carnival Miracle and still awaiting for the itinerary to come out so I can book the cruise. It's just going to be the two of us...really excited it's been a long time coming.:)

Hi 2010 brides! We're hoping to get married in St. Thomas while on the Oasis of the Seas! We are also "patiently" awaiting the sailing dates for either August or November 2010. Since it hasn't even set sail yet, we've got a ways to go! Booking on the ship doesn't even start until the end of this month! Good luck to all of you and I can't wait to hear about all your plans!

Kim

I hear you all on the wait!!! We felt the same way until we finally booked ours last month. I can tell you it felt like we would never see the day when we were booked both for the wedding and the cruise.

Before we booked on NCL Gem we couldn't find a cruise that had St Thomas at or near the begining it was always at the end. We really didn't want it at the end. Plus we live in CT and can go right out of NY with out the added airfare.

Now that is all behind us we are now into the fine turning of our special day or should I say week.

I dont know if anyone knows this or not but can u just have a reception the ship. I am undecided if we should have a reception on the beach, the ship or just do a small dinner at one of the restraunts on board. We have about ten people spending the day with us.

What is everyone else planning?????? I can't wait to hear all the stories.

We haven't even booked yet, but I've learned a lot from this board! If we go the St. Thomas route, we'll have a mini reception on the beach (drinks and lunch) but I believe that you can book a private cocktail party on the ships. At least that's what I've read about Royal Caribbean. I'm taking a lot of the past brides advice and not using Royal Romance/TWE. I plan on just booking the private party. I thought about booking a specialty restaurant, but I think that they don't allow children under 13. This won't work because I have 2 neices and 2 nephews that 3 years old and under and have 2 more nieces coming soon! I guess it will depend on who ends up coming with us. I don't think anything I just said will help you in any way! :o Once we start making plans, I'll keep posting my findings.

We haven't even booked yet, but I've learned a lot from this board! If we go the St. Thomas route, we'll have a mini reception on the beach (drinks and lunch) but I believe that you can book a private cocktail party on the ships. At least that's what I've read about Royal Caribbean. I'm taking a lot of the past brides advice and not using Royal Romance/TWE. I plan on just booking the private party. I thought about booking a specialty restaurant, but I think that they don't allow children under 13. This won't work because I have 2 neices and 2 nephews that 3 years old and under and have 2 more nieces coming soon! I guess it will depend on who ends up coming with us. I don't think anything I just said will help you in any way! :o Once we start making plans, I'll keep posting my findings.

Just wanted to let you know that babysitters are available to watch your family members who are too young to get into the specialty restaurants. There is also the adventure ocean program, which is like day-care at sea. however if they prefer, they can get babysitters to stay in the room with the children while everyone else eats dinner. We are also having everyone eat at a specialty restaurant and my brother is going to use the babysitting service while we eat. I have also heard that if you eat early enough, they do allow children in the restaurants, however I would not recommend making a toddler sit through a 2 hour long dinner.

Cruiselover- who are you using as a planner in st. thomas? I am looking into a 2010 st thomas wedding as well and have been searching avidly online for different planners/coordinators and can only find a handful. Let me know if you have any info!

I am butting in here:p I am an April 09 bride and I am using Leslie form Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas for my WC. She has been wonderful so far! Many other brides on here have also recommended her. There is also Janelle from Wedding Bliss who also has a wonderful reputation. Good Luck!!

Cruiselover- who are you using as a planner in st. thomas? I am looking into a 2010 st thomas wedding as well and have been searching avidly online for different planners/coordinators and can only find a handful. Let me know if you have any info!

Friesianhorse022,

We are using Debra at Fantasia Weddings. So far everything as been great. We actually saw her perform a wedding last year when we were there and loved it.!!!!!! The website is fantasiaweddings.com or #800-326-8272.....They have a few locations that they perform the weddings in. We chose Emerald Beach since it is so pretty and not crowded at all. It is almost like not to make people know about it. There were five ships in that day and we were not sitting on top of anyone. Hope this helps and Good Luck!!!!

Hi, I am Sooooo happy that I found this site. I am also looking to have my wedding on a cruise in April 2010 and would like to get married in St. Thomas. I want to depart from Puerto Rico. I have not picked a cruise line yet and hope that I can get some advice on a cruise line and if it is better to go thru the cruise line or a local wedding planner to make the arraingments. Which is cheaper?

Hi, I am Sooooo happy that I found this site. I am also looking to have my wedding on a cruise in April 2010 and would like to get married in St. Thomas. I want to depart from Puerto Rico. I have not picked a cruise line yet and hope that I can get some advice on a cruise line and if it is better to go thru the cruise line or a local wedding planner to make the arraingments. Which is cheaper?

There are a TON of reviews (both good and bad) about the cruiseline's wedding coordination service. It is called TWE, so when people post about TWE, that is what they are referring to. I am one of the ones who had a horrible experience with them. However, some have had good experiences as well. A few things you should know is that TWE is a big call-center in Florida. During your planning, you are not talking to actual wedding planners....you are speaking to people who answer the phones at the call center. On your wedding day, you will deal with "real" WCs. TWE tends to be more expensive because you are dealing with the middle-man of TWE. For example, TWE was going to charge one briude on here $400 for a wedding license that only cost (I believe) $50 when she decided to go through a local planner. With TWE, you also don't necessarily get to pick the exact location and time of your ceremony. You can make requests, but ultimately you find our a few weeks (or days) before the wedding when/where it will be held. If you are VERY laid back, than this may be ok. I personally would highly recommend using a local WC. They are cheaper and much more personalized. Plus, you get to communicate with your actual WC throughout the entire lanning process, instead of talking to people in a call center, who just pass your info on to a WC prior to your wedding. That's my opinion.:)

Hi Everyone I'm also planning a 2010 wedding! We are going to be on the Caribbean Princess and planning to get married in St. Thomas on Feb. 1st. I haven't really started any planning, just trying to read reviews and gather as much information as I can. :)

Thank you for the advice. I don't know much about cruise lines this is my first time on a cruise ship. Which cruise line are you using?

I am using Royal Caribbean. This is the only line I have ever cruised on, so I am a littled biased:D I am getting married in St. Thomas and using Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas for my wedding coordinator. There are a lot of great local planners in St. Thomas (just something to think about).

We are looking for April 2010...just starting to plan a western caribean cruise with ceremony in Cozumel.

Hi, I am also looking to get married on a cruise ship in April 2010. What cruise line are you looking to use. I have not chosen one yet. I would like to leave from San Juan and get married in St. Thomas.

Hi, I am also looking to get married on a cruise ship in April 2010. What cruise line are you looking to use. I have not chosen one yet. I would like to leave from San Juan and get married in St. Thomas.

We are using NCL. We live in CT and are going to drive to NYC and leave from there 10 days!!!!!!. I think it is easier then carrying everything on a plane and then to the ship. Plus with ST Thomas being our first Island we will still have a week to relax and enjoy our honeymoon.

We are using NCL. We live in CT and are going to drive to NYC and leave from there 10 days!!!!!!. I think it is easier then carrying everything on a plane and then to the ship. Plus with ST Thomas being our first Island we will still have a week to relax and enjoy our honeymoon.

Yes this was our plan as well. We lived in PA and were going to drive to NJ and cruise on RCCL to the eastern Caribbean. Unfortunately, between the time we planned our cruise/wedding (April 2007) and now, we have moved to Las Vegas. Now it looks like we will have to fly back to NJ anyway:eek: Oh well. Such is life. I do agree though that being able to avoid flying to your wedding destination is a huge plus. With baggage charges and having to transport your wedding dress, and what seems like constant flight changes, I would love to avoid flying!!

How Exciting! When you put it that way it does make sense. Maybe I will check into that. I cannot say enough how happy I am that I found this site.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

i've just confirmed my wedding on the Oasis of the Seas October 2010. Unfortunately i've just started reading these posts, worried as i've booked through Royal Romance.

Laura

Hi everyone,

i've just confirmed my wedding on the Oasis of the Seas October 2010. Unfortunately i've just started reading these posts, worried as i've booked through Royal Romance.

Laura

Don't stress out too much - keep reading, and I think you'll find some more positive experiences, especially recently! I'm one of the happy brides. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived