Port canaveral ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I have used Port Canaveral a number of times but never too notice to whether there are porters who can take the luggage from the garage to the pier? I had surgery a few weeks ago and will take months to recuperate and unable to even roll my luggage and my father in law just got out of the hospital and is using a walker, we need a porter or my other half just break his back lol.

Hello,

I have used Port Canaveral a number of times but never too notice to whether there are porters who can take the luggage from the garage to the pier? I had surgery a few weeks ago and will take months to recuperate and unable to even roll my luggage and my father in law just got out of the hospital and is using a walker, we need a porter or my other half just break his back lol.

If you can't walk far and neither can your father in law, it makes more sense to drop you, the FIL and luggage at the curb and have the other half go park.

If you are parking at the port you will pull and the porters will take your checked luggage. Then you pull forward, take a sharp left and drive up the ramp and park.

We always go early enough to park near the elevator on Deck 2 which makes it so convenient.

There is no longer prepaid parking at the port. You do pay as you enter by either cash or credit card.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Hello,

You can pull up to the drop off area and they will take your luggage out for you. You can drop you father in law off and anyone else in your party while you park the car. At the end of the cruise, you can easily find a porter to help you back to the car.

Hello,

Maybe this will help. you pull in in center lane on 1st floor go to left and drop off luggage. pull out of garage make a u turn after going around circle and up ramp to second level. Pay parking then go to right lane and circle around and park next to elevator on west side.

Dropping off luggage at Terminal 1 - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

I just thought of something, if he drops us off it take him to get to the garage and park and dad and I will be sitting ducks outside the terminal waiting for him.

Has anybody tipped a porter well in the garage to have their luggage brought to the terminal or are the porters just allowed to bring luggage from the terminal to the garage? If I offered one of the porters $25 to take three bags do you feel I could get one to help us?

There is another option, to park somewhere close by outside the terminal where they will give me a shuttle to the terminal but that would mean wait for the shuttle to take us back to the car, but its something we are thinking about, can anybody recommend any parking area to leave a car safe?

I just thought of something, if he drops us off it take him to get to the garage and park and dad and I will be sitting ducks outside the terminal waiting for him.

Has anybody tipped a porter well in the garage to have their luggage brought to the terminal or are the porters just allowed to bring luggage from the terminal to the garage? If I offered one of the porters $25 to take three bags do you feel I could get one to help us?

There is another option, to park somewhere close by outside the terminal where they will give me a shuttle to the terminal but that would mean wait for the shuttle to take us back to the car, but its something we are thinking about, can anybody recommend any parking area to leave a car safe?

There is a seating area just inside the entrance doors where you can wait.

Seriously doubt that a porter will do as you suggest. Much easier with your medical concerns to park at the port and not be using shuttles. My choice since I use a rollater.

Not sure I fully understand your question or concerns. If I'm just not reading it right, I apologize. What ship are you on? If you are on Oasis, you drive into the parking structure and there is a luggage drop off point. You drop your luggage there with a porter and the next time you see it will be in your cabin. It is fully covered and you can either go directly into the terminal or you can wait until the person parking your car joins you. I usually drop my wife then go and park. We print 2 SetSail passes so she goes ahead and goes through security and finds a seat in the waiting area. After I park the car, I go through security and meet her and we go and check in. Not sure about your comment "sitting ducks."

The parking lot for Oasis has slow and not all that big elevators. So getting a porter to take your luggage to the car is not really reasonable. The other pier, it is easy. We have done it numerous times. BUT I TIP VERY WELL. We usually have 6 bags and I've had the porter take my luggage and load it in my car in the parking lot. For that, I tip about $50. I figure it's worth it to me, and I've taken him away from other tips. For Oasis, I get the car and my wife stays with the luggage. If you need help loading your car, you can probably convince the porter to stay and wait, but I'm thinking $25 might not be so "generous" to ask him to stand there for 10 or 15 minutes waiting for you car. But that's all personal.

My problem is that if my other half drops us and the luggage off at the terminal he will have to go and park that will take quite a bit of time considering how many cars need to get into the garage. I had spinal cord and cervical surgery with two fusions (they take my stem cells and I wear this electrical stimulator device 4 hours daily for six months, it helps the stem cells grow into bone), I cannot look up and down and very limited looking right to left plus I cannot fall or stumble that wouldn't be good. Dad just got out of the hospital and now able to walk but using a walker, I cannot help him so this is my problem. :( The best thing is to have a porter in the garage to take our luggage but this is not available.

If I was able to get a porter, I pay him $25 just to help us plus the tip for taking the luggage for us.

ScottyG- if there is a seating area inside the entrance that be great but back in October customs ended late on the cruise that came in and we were not allowed inside, there was a huge line and we all had to stand until it was time for the doors to open. We are planning on getting to the port at 10:30, less people at this time and less chance I get pushed.

From all your other threads, you have said you are also now traveling with others. If walking into the terminal with your FIL is too much for you to do alone, you should arrange to arrive at the same time as the others in your party so they can help. If that isn't possible, arrive at the port via car service so you all can stay together. You will not get a porter in the garage before your cruise, it doesn't work that way.

Given your health issues, you might reconsider parking at the port and your arrival time. A private shuttle would drop you and your luggage off at the porters' stand and all three of you could stay together. Only issue I see with this is the three or so steps to enter and exit the shuttle. There are some very reliable parking companies near the port.

As to arriving at 10:30, you are pretty much guaranteed some standing and waiting in line. Why not shot for 12:30 when the lines have quieted down? There is not much happening on the ship before then, and cabins are usually ready by 1:00 or so.

Whatever you decide, I hope you all have a wonderful cruise.

Hello Lazydayz- You have a good point...shuttle with a few stairs not good for dad right now and a cab would work wonderful. Need to figure out where to park the car, I will have to google these places, we can always use uber to get to the ship from the parking area (so dad doesn't have to deal with the stairs in the shuttle) and we can take a cab back to the car when we disembark that would work perfectly.

We are staying at the Port Canaveral Residence Inn the night before but reasons why we need to board early are:

1- Check out is at 11 so really don't want to hang around in the lobby

2- We will be boarding special needs/disabled so that boarding is one of the first groups to go on

3- We need to make our specialty dining arrangements, we purchased the ultimate beverage package

4- Dad needs to eat before he takes his medications at 1pm, so getting onboard we can get him something to eat on the ship. We don't eat the complimentary breakfast the hotels offer.

I have another thought, we can buy one of those old fashioned luggage carts, do you feel that we can check that with the porter and have it delivered to the room without being in a box? If it gets lost no biggie because upon disembarkation we will have the porter to bring our luggage to the car if we park at the garage or to the cab to another parking area that we may use.

We were on Oasis last week.

I dropped off wife, kids and luggage. The porters took it from where I dropped it off. I parked while my wife and kids waited for me by the entrance to the terminal.

When we left at the end of the weekend we got a Porter in the terminal, got our luggage and he took it right into the garage and unloaded it right beside our car.

No need at all to park offsite

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

If I’m taking Uber or a shuttle to the port will they know what to do? We don’t have a car because we fly there and I never thought about it as we just started cruising....pre gold - lol.

Yes, they will know or someone will direct them. This process is new to you but happens at the ports many times every week. Have a great cruise.

OP, I would not bring a luggage cart. The process is well tested. The porters will handle your bags and once Special Needs gets you in the boarding area, they will ensure your getting on the ship. Just be aware when arriving early, it will be crowded and everyone there wants to get on the ship ASAP.

I thought the boarding order was wedding parties, back to back cruisers, Suites and Pinnacles, Diamond Plus, Diamond then everyone else. Maybe Special Needs gets bumped up but I dont know about that. Good luck.

If we park in the garage where we cannot get a porter to take our luggage and we need to walk to the terminal (which we can together) its best to have a luggage cart so my other half can wheel all three pieces of luggage, it makes sense, I can't see why RC would refuse taking our luggage carrier tagging it and having it delivered to the cabin....if they loose it that be ok because we won't need the luggage carrier when we get off the ship, we just get a porter to take our bags and to the car.

I do believe the order you mention is correct but unsure whether special needs/disabled board before the Suites? But they definitely will be boarded before Emerald from what I was told on these boards.

If we park in the garage where we cannot get a porter to take our luggage and we need to walk to the terminal (which we can together) its best to have a luggage cart so my other half can wheel all three pieces of luggage, it makes sense, I can't see why RC would refuse taking our luggage carrier tagging it and having it delivered to the cabin....if they loose it that be ok because we won't need the luggage carrier when we get off the ship, we just get a porter to take our bags and to the car.

I do believe the order you mention is correct but unsure whether special needs/disabled board before the Suites? But they definitely will be boarded before Emerald from what I was told on these boards.

It makes no sense for two people with mobility issues to walk from the garage, but if that is what you want to do, don't make it more difficult. Drop the luggage with the porters at the door of the terminal, all three of you can then drive to the garage, park and then come back together. Really makes no sense, but can be done.

Maybe this will help. you pull in in center lane on 1st floor go to left and drop off luggage. pull out of garage make a u turn after going around circle and up ramp to second level. Pay parking then go to right lane and circle around and park next to elevator on west side.

Dropping off luggage at Terminal 1 - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

If we did it that way, doesn't that mean we have to drive around the port to get back to the terminal area and garage?

You would do exactly like this post above tells you to do. I thought you have sailed from this port and terminal very recently?

Yes sailed out of this port a number of times but I didn't have surgery and dealing with currently ongoing medical issues, when your healthy and able to walk and wheel your luggage from garage to terminal you don't think of finding out what to do if you can't...now with our medical problems, these issues come to our mind and we have to find alternative ways of doing things.

Yes sailed out of this port a number of times but I didn't have surgery and dealing with currently ongoing medical issues, when your healthy and able to walk and wheel your luggage from garage to terminal you don't think of finding out what to do if you can't...now with our medical problems, these issues come to our mind and we have to find alternative ways of doing things.

You have pointed out your medical issues multiple times and your need to board in a wheelchair, as well as your FIL's recent issues and his lack of mobility. Having both of you walk from the garage makes no sense when you could be dropped right at the entrance to the terminal. What about the others that are cruising with you? Why can't they help you get into the terminal? I thought that was the reason you just had them book this cruise?

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be.