Airport/Port Transfers with a scooter

mgdehoyos

As my mobility as progressively declined, I made the decision to rent a scooter on my cruise last month. It made such an impression, I have already purchased one and booked a few more cruises too!

My question is the hotel and park with shuttle service to and from the port. Is this something I’d need to check with the individual hotels to see if they can transport the scooter or should I just plan on driving ourselves to the port? We live within 2 hours but enjoy the peace of mind of staying in port the night before. Anything else I should consider?

This is for Baltimore, MD if anyone has any specific experience at this port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experience has been the hotels do not always (and in most cases) have the ability to provide transportation for either wheel chairs or scooters. I would suggest you contact the hotel you are interested in booking.

FYI, Super Shuttle can provide transportation for both wheel chairs and scooters.

As my mobility as progressively declined, I made the decision to rent a scooter on my cruise last month. It made such an impression, I have already purchased one and booked a few more cruises too!

My question is the hotel and park with shuttle service to and from the port. Is this something I’d need to check with the individual hotels to see if they can transport the scooter or should I just plan on driving ourselves to the port? We live within 2 hours but enjoy the peace of mind of staying in port the night before. Anything else I should consider?

This is for Baltimore, MD if anyone has any specific experience at this port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Per ADA -If the hotel provides a shuttle for able bodied individuals than it must provide accessibile transportation for the disable. If the shuttle does not have a lift than the hotel must arrange for accessible transportation to accomodate your scooter. Being that you would be paying for the Hotel & Park package at the same rate that able bodied people are being the charged the hotel CANNOT charge you more for accessible transportation. Per ADA the hotel must pay the additional cost of arranging accessible transportation as it can not charge you more than it charges an abled bodied guest. If the person you're speaking to at the hotel says no insist to speak to the hotel manager. If they say that say that you will be file a compliant with the Hotel's Corporate Office as with the State of Maryland's States Attorney's Office ( being that you said you're cruising out of Baltimore). Don't take no for an answer.