What do you miss about your NCL experience?

uneamie

If what I read just now on another thread is true then I will miss the Prime Rib at O'Sheehans. It was stated that it is no longer available at O'Sheehans.

That was the best prime rib I have ever had on a cruise ship!

I had it twice last week on the Escape.

If what I read just now on another thread is true then I will miss the Prime Rib at O'Sheehans. It was stated that it is no longer available at O'Sheehans.

That was the best prime rib I have ever had on a cruise ship!

I've seen that rumor many times over the years and it's never turned out to be true.

Wait. I'm currently packing for our Escape cruise on Saturday. We decided to pack bathrobes since they were only available at the spa on the Jade and the Getaway. Are you sure you've seen robes included with balcony cabins? What ships and when?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I have always had robes on the Gem and Breakaway balcony cabins.

I had it twice last week on the Escape.

I've seen that rumor many times over the years and it's never turned out to be true.

Thank you! I sure hope they still have it in O'Sheehans on the Epic.

I heard it was the Gem that did not have it anymore. I was thinking they just did not see it but they stated they asked a waiter and was told it was discontinued.

Two folks on NCL that I really miss:

Rudi Macaggi, acrobat, juggler, comedian and entertainer. He was sometimes called the King of Variety, as he could do it all! I especially like his catch phrase "I like-a you!" spoken with a slight Italian/Spanish accent. It made the whole audience feel good. I saw him perform on several NCL cruises around 2004-2008 timeframe. I think his time on NCL led to even greater success.

Another that I miss was NCL cruise director Pedro, I believe Pedro Serra might have been his full name. He was assistant cruise director on the Norwegian Sea in 2002, and cruise director of the Norwegian Dream in 2004. He did a great job, keeping everyone happy and entertained.

I have seen many great workers at NCL come and go over the ages, but these are two that I miss, ones that really stick out in my mind. Does anyone else remember these? And I wonder where they are now? I hope and believe that they are doing well!

There was a farewell song? What were the lyrics? Did they play it during sail away or when you were disembarking for the final time?

The last song they sing at the end of the crew talent show in the theatre the last night of the cruise.

I miss the chicken pot pies at O'Sheehans

I miss the glass of sparkling wine during embarkation

I miss the reasonable Haven prices

I miss the Jewel class ships (they rarely ever dock in Miami anymore)

I miss the Epic (come back to Miami please)

I miss the $20 Cagneys (really the entire older Cagneys experience and menu)

Most important I miss being on any cruise :loudcry:

I miss the Jewel class ships (they rarely ever dock in Miami anymore)

Most important I miss being on any cruise :loudcry:

I just checked the NCL website, and the Jade is docking in Miami now. The Star too; it's essentially a Jewel class ship.

What do you like about the Jewel class ships? I believe I prefer the Sun class ships. They are easier to find your way around, and don't seem as crowded to me. A private reply to this subject would be ok, as I don't want to start any arguments here in the forum.

I agree; I miss being on a cruise, and am looking forward to my next one. I tell all my friends: I spend one week per year on a cruise, and the rest of the year saving up and dreaming for it.

I just checked the NCL website, and the Jade is docking in Miami now. The Star too; it's essentially a Jewel class ship.

What do you like about the Jewel class ships? I believe I prefer the Sun class ships. They are easier to find your way around, and don't seem as crowded to me. A private reply to this subject would be ok, as I don't want to start any arguments here in the forum.

I agree; I miss being on a cruise, and am looking forward to my next one. I tell all my friends: I spend one week per year on a cruise, and the rest of the year saving up and dreaming for it.

Sorry, Star is not even close to a Jewel class ship.

Star / Dawn have No forward observation lounge and nor Aft. Great outdoor's type seating.:(

Wait. I'm currently packing for our Escape cruise on Saturday. We decided to pack bathrobes since they were only available at the spa on the Jade and the Getaway. Are you sure you've seen robes included with balcony cabins? What ships and when?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

We had bathrobes in our Balcony Cabin on the Dawn this summer. They were not the terry cloth, but a knee length waffle weave material.

If you are in a balcony or above, and don't find robes in your closet, ask your steward to get them for you.

I'll flip it around .... we took a cruise on another line and here's what we "missed about our NCL experience" while on that line:

[...]

2. Extreme upselling to the beverage package when a bar waiter came to take drink orders. We thought we were going to have to call guest relations to sign the bill. This was worst than any sales pitch I have ever had on NCL.

[...]

Yep, exactly our experience on Princess. Even though you didn't mention the name of the "other line", it almost has to be Princess. I don't think we'll be sailing Princess again.
We also escaped from PrinExcess to NCL. I got a major upsell from the Maitre'd in the MDR for a bottle of wine. I told him several times "but we don't drink" but he wouldn't let up on the used car sell job.

I was going to complain about the dude when I got back home, but to preserve and enjoy the vacation I simply erased the incident from my memory. Until now, lol :mad:

Since then, cruised NCL four times and booked a fifth.

Sorry, Star is not even close to a Jewel class ship.

Star / Dawn have No forward observation lounge and nor Aft. Great outdoor's type seating.:(

I noticed that when I sailed on the Dawn this year. I really like having the Observation Lounge.

So what do you like about the Jewel class ships? What do you miss about them on NCL?