Cruise Director for NCL Breakaway?

trishnmike

Even the person who will be the cruise director at that time doesn't yet know that he/she will be the cruise director at that time.

I would agree. Darn sure the schedule for that far out is not set. And even if it was, it can change.

I seriously doubt that even the NCL corporate Human Resources (personnel) Dept. handling the crew scheduling have any clues this far in advance ... on whether XYZ will be offered a contract, sign the offer, transfer to another ship, or even remain with NCL. So many possibilities.

I don't even care to ask who is going to be in command of the ship, namely - the captain and/or staff captain ... as they are the senior commanding officers for navigation, safety & overall operations. CD come and go, we don't book cruises on the basis of who is where ... proclaiming Bingo time, :o ;p :confused: :rolleyes: or to announce that the ship has been cleared over ship's intercom.

It seemed that lately, the Breakaway has been cycling quite a # of CD rotating around.

What do people who don't like a cruise director do? Do they cancel? Book on a different ship? Just how MUCH difference does the CD actually make? I gather a significant difference.

I guess if you booked a cruise just for the cruise director, you might want to cancel if that CD was not on that ship. I have never attributed a good or bad cruise to a CD, so it doesn’t matter to me who is making announcements and running the hairy chest contest. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would never avoid or choose a cruise based on the CD, but I admit I have found some to be super annoying. But just as bad can be the frequency of ship-wide announcements for Bingo, art auctions, and anything else that is designed to drain your wallet. Knock it off. A reminder of activities once in a while is okay.