NCL not showing correct number of specialty dinners

zitsky

It says "2", meaning it's for 2 people. Same if you have the UBP, it says "Quantity: 2" but that doesn't mean you only get two drinks :D

The number of meals in the package is not indicated anywhere in your Vacation Summary, as far as I know. Ask your TA to send you your Amenity Confirmation, and it should appear there as "4 Meal Specialty Dining Package" (or something similar), under each guest's name.

This is what it says on the invoice under Add-ons (bottom of the page)

1 x Adult Ultimate Beverage Package

1 x Internet Package (250 Minutes)

1 x Choice Phone Call Credit

1 x Fifty Dollars Per Port Shore Ex Crd

1 x 4 Meal Speciality Dining Package

1 x Internet Package (30 Minutes)

1 x Free $50 On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable

I'm solo so the 1 is just me, for others it would be 2 x.

This is what's listed under the reservation # (top right hand corner)

PROMO CODES: DINBEV

DISTINCT

EASYFARE

LATREW

SUNOBC

HTH

This is what it says on the invoice under Add-ons (bottom of the page)
Yes, the number of meals appears on NCL's Guest Confirmation, but since the OP booked through a TA, they probably don't have access to this document. But they can ask their TA for the Amenity Confirmation from NCL, as I mentioned above.

Yes, and that's what it does mean, you'll be fine and each will have 4 specialty dinners. Relax, you're good.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. If I get excited about these things, it's because I only have a year until my trip. :')

Thanks. If I get excited about these things, it's because I only have a year until my trip. :')

LOL, if you didn't get excited, I'd wonder why you were cruising... my next one, if I can wait that long is Sept. next year.... having trouble thinking about waiting that long. ;p

Already have another in the oven.... just thinking about it... hmmmm ;)

LOL, if you didn't get excited, I'd wonder why you were cruising... my next one, if I can wait that long is Sept. next year.... having trouble thinking about waiting that long. ;p

Already have another in the oven.... just thinking about it... hmmmm ;)

I have the NCL PDF catalog but I ordered the paper copy to keep by my desk at work. I look at it when I'm not busy.

Are you saying you're hooked? LOL :D

I think you are and so am I, love cruising, especially on NCL.

cheers, again, have a wonderful cruise. ;)

The only thing that bothers me is how crowded and slow things will be on a ship of 2000. Viking was 200.

The only thing that bothers me is how crowded and slow things will be on a ship of 2000. Viking was 200.

I agree with CI, there is simply no comparison with Viking river cruise boat and the NCL Sun which has some great public spaces.

I don't recommend comparing any cruise lines really. As with Land based vacations, cruises should be seen as a different experiences and enjoyed as such. Even cruising on different ships/ cruise lines/ cabins, so are the experinces you'll enjoy on the Sun.

I did my first solo cruise on the Sun just last month and while it was new (I'd always cruised with my DH) it was still a wonderful experience. Think outside the box, stop expecting it to be the same to past experiences or similar and enjoy what's different... you'll be surprised at how much there is to be enjoyed.

Enjoy..

I use Viking mostly as a size comparison. Are you both suggesting that a ship of 2000 will run the same as one of 200? If I thought I wouldn't enjoy NCL, I would have never booked the cruise. I do appreciate the comments.

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy NCL Sun, especially with your cureosity, however, comparing only the size... well, that can lead to problems if you're only going to focus on that. Here are some stats from Viking (not sure which vessle) and NCL Sun from Wikipedia. I know you'll notice the difference from 200 to 930 pax but you didn't mention which Viking Star ship so:

General characteristicsClass and type:Viking Star-classType:Cruise shipTonnage:47,800 GTLength:228 metres longBeam:29 metres wideDraught:6.3 metresDecks:14Installed power:MAN Diesel & Turbo 2x9L32/44CR + 2x12V32/44CR generating setsPropulsion:2 Shafted PropellersSpeed:20 knotsCapacity:930 passengersCrew:602 crewmembers

NCL Sun

General characteristicsClass and type:Sun class cruise shipTonnage:78,309 GTLength:848 ft (258.47 m)Beam:123.1 ft (37.52 m)Draft:26 ft (7.92 m)Decks:13Speed:23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph)Capacity:1,936 passengers (2,400 max)Crew:906

There is, of course, a difference in the size. What I would suggest is that the crew really can make the difference. Will it be the same as the crew on the Viking? No, unlikely that it will, however, it will be, IMO, a very friendly, and nice crew, no matter which NCL ship you cruise. Mine on the Sun was wonderful, but so was my experience on the Star, the Pearl, the Epic ... the list goes on... it's all up to you. I can't make your cruise for you but if you focus on the size and what the other ship on the other cruise line was like... I bet you can break your cruise. Like I said before, relax and enjoy your cruise... Stop worrying about what's not the same and enjoy le difference...

Cheers,

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy NCL Sun, especially with your cureosity, however, comparing only the size... well, that can lead to problems if you're only going to focus on that.

Cheers,

You know what they say, it's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean. ;p

• 5 weeks later...

So I never did get this issued resolved. I did a conference call with TA and NCL. But I have two different confirmation documents from NCL that show everything I'm supposed to have. The only things missing on ncl.com were, (1) in room calling and (2) 4 specialty dinners (not 2). Just called NCL this morning which is how I got the second confirmation document. I guess I'll just have to go on the ship and get a staff member to confirm that I do have what I'm supposed to have.

So I never did get this issued resolved. I did a conference call with TA and NCL. But I have two different confirmation documents from NCL that show everything I'm supposed to have. The only things missing on ncl.com were, (1) in room calling and (2) 4 specialty dinners (not 2). Just called NCL this morning which is how I got the second confirmation document. I guess I'll just have to go on the ship and get a staff member to confirm that I do have what I'm supposed to have.
Where on NCL.com are your specialty dining credits displayed? Out TA confirms 4, but I don't see them in our 'My NCL' area.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Forums mobile app

There is nothing to confirm regarding the meals.

As has been stated, it is saying that you have 2 meal packages (one for you and one for the other person in the room). Each of those packages will include the number of meals you should have.

You can’t have a 2 meal package, by the way, there is no such thing. The minimum number of meals in the package is 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk