Cheers reviews

lele100

Anyone know if bottled beer is included. Websites not clear and when we called CCL they just repeat what website says....

It's always been the alu. Bottles don't want broken glass all over

It's always been the alu. Bottles don't want broken glass all over

That's not entirely true. They have had beer in glass bottles, and they have been included with cheers. For example, corona and bass. If you are near the pool they may pour it into a cup for you. If not, like in a lounge or the theater, I have been given glass bottles.

That's not entirely true. They have had beer in glass bottles, and they have been included with cheers. For example, corona and bass. If you are near the pool they may pour it into a cup for you. If not, like in a lounge or the theater, I have been given glass bottles.

That's correct.. But what drinks would be $49.99???? Just thought it might be the aged bourbon, whiskey or the better wines. But even at that I've never seen those on the drink listings. Maybe in the steak house can't remember..

Edited by volmoma

The key is not "what drinks are $49.99 per serving". The key is your ability to raise the level of the things you drink. For instance if you normally drink top shelf alcohol in your normal drinks (which makes them cost more than $10.00 on a ship), you can do this with the program changes. If you prefer to drink higher end wines, you can now do this by the glass in the dining rooms or bars with the changes (even if they cost more than $10.00 a glass). If you are a high end scotch drinker that drinks it neat, then those drinks are cover by Cheers now. If you really like the coffee bar, then those drinks (with or without a "touch") are now included.

The old way of Cheers made you break even point about 6 or 7 drinks a day. The new way of Cheers allows you to set you break even point as low as you want (or need) it to be. I think the new way is designed to make it easier for people to accept that all people 21 years old in a cabin have to buy the cheers package. Both the inclusion of more non-alcoholic options and the increase in the cost per alcoholic drink allowance makes it more attractive to a lot more people. Many people used to looked at the 15 drink limit as either a hindrance to buying the program or a dare to buy the program. The more options for drinkers on both sides of the aisle and the raising of the cost per drink limits will make it more cost effective for more people to buy it. Only you can do the numbers to figure that out. There is no one answer.

Cans or alumminum bottles included? When I said bottles I did not mean glass. Hubby just wont do draft...sorry for the confusion.

yes. all beers are included whether in bottles, cans or draft. every beer they serve is included. you just cant get buckets, or the special tubes.

The key is not "what drinks are $49.99 per serving". The key is your ability to raise the level of the things you drink. For instance if you normally drink top shelf alcohol in your normal drinks (which makes them cost more than $10.00 on a ship), you can do this with the program changes. If you prefer to drink higher end wines, you can now do this by the glass in the dining rooms or bars with the changes (even if they cost more than $10.00 a glass). If you are a high end scotch drinker that drinks it neat, then those drinks are cover by Cheers now. If you really like the coffee bar, then those drinks (with or without a "touch") are now included.

The old way of Cheers made you break even point about 6 or 7 drinks a day. The new way of Cheers allows you to set you break even point as low as you want (or need) it to be. I think the new way is designed to make it easier for people to accept that all people 21 years old in a cabin have to buy the cheers package. Both the inclusion of more non-alcoholic options and the increase in the cost per alcoholic drink allowance makes it more attractive to a lot more people. Many people used to looked at the 15 drink limit as either a hindrance to buying the program or a dare to buy the program. The more options for drinkers on both sides of the aisle and the raising of the cost per drink limits will make it more cost effective for more people to buy it. Only you can do the numbers to figure that out. There is no one answer.

Perfectly put 👍🏻

We will be in the Dream in 3 days. I have purchased Cheers. I will definitely try to find out what more expensive drinks I can purchase and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please do add a review on the new cheers program. I am sitting on the fence about purchasing it. If you could get some specifics about the higher end drinks that are now available that would be much appreciated. Looking for drink prices all I can find is around a maximum of $10 for mixed and $15 for wine by the glass but they are touting that any drink up to $50 is included. I don't remember there being any this expensive. Now a top shelf Manhattan will cost $22 so that is one that I know is included now. It wasn't on my last cruise.

Please if you can find a menu with the prices listed take a picture and post it too. If you could just get a list of these drinks and prices that would be great too.

Thank you

I would also like to know if the specialty coffee, while using the Cheers program, is unlimited. I guess knowing if the "15 drinks" are referring only to the alcoholic drinks. I know you can get sodas unlimited with the Cheers program. If the specialty coffee is unlimited, I may have to buy this. Any info will be great!

Non alcoholic drinks are unlimited

We are on the Splender March 27th and we have already purchased the cheers program Hopefully someone will post some prices before I return but if not I will try to get some pricing for the higher end stuff and report back

I would also like to know if the specialty coffee, while using the Cheers program, is unlimited.

Yes, they are unlimited, 5 minute wait time between orders. If it is listed in the program, and non-alcoholic, it is unlimited and does not count toward the 15 limit.

Whenever I have gotten a Corona it has been in a bottle- but in an aluminum bottle, not glass.