Alchemy tastings on Carnival Glory?

geoatl

Hey all! I'm excited about my upcoming September cruise on the Carnival Glory! And... we've just booked the Mexican Riviera on the Miracle for November! But I digress... :cool:

I'm curious to know if Alchemy still offers martini tastings (where you can purchase small sample sizes of several martinis)? I couldn't seem to find a time when they were offered last September on the Conquest. Anyone know if they offer the tastings on the Glory?

Thanks in advance.

We were on Conquest last fall and from day one went to the Alchemy Bar every day....some days several times. That said......we also noticed they did not have martini tasting. One afternoon around 3:00 we were walking past the bar (which did not open till 4:00 every day) and quite a few people were having a martini tasting party. I was all excited and walked over and one of the bartenders said it was a private martini tasting party:rolleyes:I asked how you can sign up for that and they said you can't....only by invite, only by one of the Alchemy bartenders. REALLY! Kinda annoyed me but not enough to stop going to Alchemy since I LOVE the martinis.

We are also on Glory this fall....looking forward to Alchemy again. Maybe this time we will get invited:cool:

We were on Conquest last fall and from day one went to the Alchemy Bar every day....some days several times. That said......we also noticed they did not have martini tasting. One afternoon around 3:00 we were walking past the bar (which did not open till 4:00 every day) and quite a few people were having a martini tasting party. I was all excited and walked over and one of the bartenders said it was a private martini tasting party:rolleyes:I asked how you can sign up for that and they said you can't....only by invite, only by one of the Alchemy bartenders. REALLY! Kinda annoyed me but not enough to stop going to Alchemy since I LOVE the martinis.

We are also on Glory this fall....looking forward to Alchemy again. Maybe this time we will get invited:cool:

Ok, so it wasn't just me! Seems like it would be a good revenue generator for them. I'd certainly pay. I went to Alchemy twice last fall on the Conquest. Enjoyed both... had the Forty is the New Twenty and the Peach Cosmopolitan. What were your favs?

This may have been the mixology class, which I attended on the Triumph, when I did B2B Journeys cruise last Oct.

If you go to the Alchemy Bar the first night and ask about it, you will probably get signed up for it. It was $15, but you got a coupon for a drink. I went to the Alchemy bar every night for my pre dinner Martini and got to know the mixologist. She asked if I wanted to attend.

The martini tasting is $17 and usually includes a sampling of 5 different drinks. If you don't see anything posted, ask about it.

This may have been the mixology class, which I attended on the Triumph, when I did B2B Journeys cruise last Oct.

If you go to the Alchemy Bar the first night and ask about it, you will probably get signed up for it. It was $15, but you got a coupon for a drink. I went to the Alchemy bar every night for my pre dinner Martini and got to know the mixologist. She asked if I wanted to attend.

The martini tasting is $17 and usually includes a sampling of 5 different drinks. If you don't see anything posted, ask about it.

Great advice. When in doubt, ask! Thanks.

Yes, they still have the martini tastings. Check early in the cruise. If Brian is still on the Glory, you are in for a real treat. He is an amazing bartender!

Thanks for the advice! And I'll be on the lookout for Brian!

It sounds like the alchemy bar is the place to be. I will find my way there often, I am sure but a few questions:

1)does it get overly crowded?

2) is it only mixed drinks, do they have wine / beer ( full bar) too ( my wife is a wine girl)

3) do all the bars serve the same drinks , alchemy seems to be just that.

4) is the a 'secret menu' or are the drinks they make on the menu. for example if you give the bartender latitude will they come up with something off script that is new and inventive?

5) if it is crowded or just not the vibe of the night is there another recommendation or favorite.

ps. some time after the cruise I hope to be the one giving suggestion not the one asking all the questions. but man you guys are a wealth of information!

It sounds like the alchemy bar is the place to be. I will find my way there often, I am sure but a few questions:

1)does it get overly crowded?

2) is it only mixed drinks, do they have wine / beer ( full bar) too ( my wife is a wine girl)

3) do all the bars serve the same drinks , alchemy seems to be just that.

4) is the a 'secret menu' or are the drinks they make on the menu. for example if you give the bartender latitude will they come up with something off script that is new and inventive?

5) if it is crowded or just not the vibe of the night is there another recommendation or favorite.

ps. some time after the cruise I hope to be the one giving suggestion not the one asking all the questions. but man you guys are a wealth of information!

I will try to answer a few.

1) it can get very crowded and loud around dinner times. I would always go when it opened at 4, so I could actually have conversations with the mixologists. I was usually gone by the time the crowds got there or it got to loud

2) it is a martini bar, so no beer or wine, or normal mixed drinks. They do have their own menu.

3) you can get get your basic martini, Cosmo, appletini at other bars, but I think the Alchemy specialties you can only get there, but not 100% on that

4) the mixologists (not bartenders..haha) will make up anything. They have containers of infused vodkas, and if you tell them you like strawberries, basil and spicy, they will come up with something. That's the fun of the Alchemy bar.

5) lots of places to drink on board. You will find something. If you have a Red Frog Pub, it is a lot of fun also.

Have fun!

Debbie

On our last cruise the Martini Tasting was listed in the fun times, offered on two of the 8 nites. I checked everyday as this is one of my favorite activities.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to pay closer attention this time.

1) it can get very crowded and loud around dinner times. I would always go when it opened at 4, so I could actually have conversations with the mixologists. I was usually gone by the time the crowds got there or it got to loud

2) it is a martini bar, so no beer or wine, or normal mixed drinks. They do have their own menu.

3) you can get get your basic martini, Cosmo, appletini at other bars, but I think the Alchemy specialties you can only get there, but not 100% on that

4) the mixologists (not bartenders..haha) will make up anything. They have containers of infused vodkas, and if you tell them you like strawberries, basil and spicy, they will come up with something. That's the fun of the Alchemy bar.

5) lots of places to drink on board. You will find something. If you have a Red Frog Pub, it is a lot of fun also.

Have fun!

Debbie

Great questions and answers! Last year I observed the same thing around dinner time. Going when it open at 4 sounds like a great time to really get to know the place - and the Alchemists. Thanks!

We also get to the Alchemy when it opens at 4:00. Often I will get a Cucumber Sunrise (one of the most refreshing drinks ever) on my way back to the room. After we are showered and ready for dinner we get our predinner drinks....mine is usually a "tart" raspberry martini. Not on the menu but every ship I have been on the mixologists make a great one! After dinner we go back for a nightcap....you get the idea.....this bar rocks:D

Have fun!

Debbie

thanks for the great replay and also to the others : raspberry martini , cucumber surprise --- on the list!

• 4 months later...