Getting to Brisbane port by public transport

PJOZ

Just after some advice if anyone can help: we are going on a short cruise from Brisbane to Sydney next week at the end of our holiday on the Gold Coast. It leaves from the cruise terminal at Hamilton. We'll get public transport from where we are staying at Broadbeach. We will have a lot of luggage (one of the advantages of cruising home after Christmas instead of flying!) so would it make sense to get off at Fortitude Valley station and get a cab from there? Any idea of roughly how much that would cost?

Thanks, Penny

We jive in Broadbeach and usually go by train to Sth Brisbane,short walk to Southbank ferry terminal and take citycat to Hamilton,it is very easy but the citycat leg is about 50 minutes so you need to factor it into travel time.

Or a there are several door to door bus services that will pick you up from your accomadation and take you directly to Hamilton.

Just after some advice if anyone can help: we are going on a short cruise from Brisbane to Sydney next week at the end of our holiday on the Gold Coast. It leaves from the cruise terminal at Hamilton. We'll get public transport from where we are staying at Broadbeach. We will have a lot of luggage (one of the advantages of cruising home after Christmas instead of flying!) so would it make sense to get off at Fortitude Valley station and get a cab from there? Any idea of roughly how much that would cost?

I would not use the train with a lot of luggage. It will not be a pleasurable experience. The same with bus, ferry or any other public transport.

It would be better to get some sort of private transport to pick you and your luggage from your Broadbeach address and drop you off as close to the Portside Terminal as it can get. Anything else is asking for heartache and backache.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

I would not use the train with a lot of luggage. It will not be a pleasurable experience. The same with bus, ferry or any other public transport.

It would be better to get some sort of private transport to pick you and your luggage from your Broadbeach address and drop you off as close to the Portside Terminal as it can get. Anything else is asking for heartache and backache.

Vehicle transport into Portside can drop you literally at the door - or a 10 metre walk across one traffic lane. I agree with some of the others - I would look at booking a van to take you from Broadbeach, all the way to Portside. The OP mentions that they will have a lot of luggage. Can they manage all their luggage in one 'go' without having to go back to get more. If they cannot, public transport (train or CityCat) is virtually eliminated as an option.I suggest checking into the cost of a transfer from the Coast to Portside and consider this in relation to the total cost of the holiday.:)

We jive in Broadbeach and usually go by train to Sth Brisbane,short walk to Southbank ferry terminal and take citycat to Hamilton,it is very easy but the citycat leg is about 50 minutes so you need to factor it into travel time.

Or a there are several door to door bus services that will pick you up from your accomadation and take you directly to Hamilton.

We are on the same cruise and staying at Rydges Southbank. Would a taxi or the citycat be the best option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same cruise and staying at Rydges Southbank. Would a taxi or the citycat be the best option?

The citycat would be easy, take about an hour, and cost roughly $3.20 per person. So it would really depend on the amount of luggage you have.

For ferry times see https://translink.com.au/

The Bretts wharf Hamilton citycat stop is a flat walk about 100m upstream from the ship, but you do need to get to the terminal itself so add another 250m to that.

Have a great trip!

In the end we decided to get a transfer. We got the train up for the cricket on Tuesday night, which was great, but made me realise that with all our luggage it was not going to be easy and I think it's worth the extra expense (which wasn't too bad - I got a family rate on the transfer) for the convenience of door to door, Hopefully we might be able to get on the ship a bit earlier.

Thanks all for your advice.

Penny

The citycat would be easy, take about an hour, and cost roughly $3.20 per person. So it would really depend on the amount of luggage you have.

For ferry times see https://translink.com.au/

The Bretts wharf Hamilton citycat stop is a flat walk about 100m upstream from the ship, but you do need to get to the terminal itself so add another 250m to that.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for this. It was a lovely trip. Excellent value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk