Another Sky drink question

2hearted

I️ have only been on the Escape and the the drink variety was awesome. I️ know the beer list on The Sky is nothing like The Escape, but what about everything else? Do they have the same Mojitos, especially the jalapeño cucumber? What about the spicy margaritas? Rebellious Fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They Sky really has, more or less, the standard fleetwide bar menu. They do have rebellious fish. They don’t have the specialty bars you find on the newer ships like the mojito bar or 5’o clock somewhere, so there isn’t as much variety. You definitely won’t go thirsty though. And they’ll make whatever you want as long as they have the ingredients.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure of your palate on drinks, but this was my experience on 11/13/17 cruise on Sky:

Drinks are watered down in every Bar except for Bellinis and Mimosas (which I ordered and are hard to water down). I did not order straight whiskey, rum, bourboun, etc, since that is not my drink of choice so can not comment on that. I like those damn topical drinks when on vacation. LOL! But those drinks were watered down. Eww.

I found the Mojito Bar and they truly made awesome drinks. I made "friends" with bartender and he immediately knew what I wanted when I approached. LOL! He knew I wanted Glass (not plastic vessel) with not so much ice. Never watered down. Delicious.

I tipped every bartender along the way even though I was drinking basically water/juice at other bars on ship. :(

They raised my dollar tip in air and said "thank you for Washington" to show to others (Outdoor Bar). Not sure that was necessary. Perhaps that is Standard Practice or am I just Naive? I gave you a tip. Please do not flaunt. Why do you do that?

Mojito Bar graciously accepted my tip with no drama. Great drinks. Not watered down. LOVED THEM!

Loved the Sky other than "drinks". WAY Watered down. But JMO

I am sure someone will jump in and rip me. LOL! Just giving my experience/opinion Can't change the facts...

• 3 months later...