Kids club late night zone ages?

RMoscon

What ages are the kids that attend the kids late night zone? I have 5 year old twins and I would like for them to go a couple nights during our cruise but I don't want them to be the youngest ones in there. Any one have any experience with the 10:30-1:30am late night kids zone? If so, do they watch movies and let the kids fall asleep or what?

They will be in with their regular age group, so the 3 to 5 age group.

Right. I guess my question is how many other kids their age utilize the late night zone. I don't want them to be alone. Also, id like to know more about what the do with the kids their age.

Right. I guess my question is how many other kids their age utilize the late night zone. I don't want them to be alone. Also, id like to know more about what the do with the kids their age.

My son was older when he's been in the club (7 and then 11), so I wasn't answering that part. At his age, I know he watched movies and played video games most the times. Sometimes there were other kids there, and once he was all alone. (He couldn't care less either way.) It really depends on the ship and what is going on. When we were on Spirit, there is very little to do late night, so not many people need to have their kids in the club. However, on the big ships, the clubs are busier late night, because lots of things are still going on at those hours. So it just depends. (sorry, I know that's not much help.)

Late-night they generally combine the two youngest groups unless they have a ton of kids (like during Spring Break, holidays, summer). Our 4 year old is never the youngest and our 7 year old is never the oldest.

Good to know. Do they give the children an option to watch a movie and fall asleep? What time did you usually check the kids out?

Good to know. Do they give the children an option to watch a movie and fall asleep? What time did you usually check the kids out?

Yes, after about 10 PM they wind down and put movies on. Our 4 year old sometimes falls asleep. We usually pick them up between 11 and 12, I think the latest we've gotten them is 1. By midnight there's usually a small handful of kids left at the most.

Traveling with twins, love it! Mine started cruising at almost 3 and are now going on their 7th cruise, just shy of their 12th birthday. No fears with the after hours club it will be fun and age appropriate. The only problem your going to have is they won't want to leave.

My son was older when he's been in the club (7 and then 11), so I wasn't answering that part. At his age, I know he watched movies and played video games most the times. Sometimes there were other kids there, and once he was all alone. (He couldn't care less either way.) It really depends on the ship and what is going on. When we were on Spirit, there is very little to do late night, so not many people need to have their kids in the club. However, on the big ships, the clubs are busier late night, because lots of things are still going on at those hours. So it just depends. (sorry, I know that's not much help.)

Thank you and yes that does help! We are going on the getaway but going in February( trying to skip out on all the spring breakers!).

Yes, after about 10 PM they wind down and put movies on. Our 4 year old sometimes falls asleep. We usually pick them up between 11 and 12, I think the latest we've gotten them is 1. By midnight there's usually a small handful of kids left at the most.

Awesome! Thanks! So I just learned that apparently NCL has changed the rates from 6/ hour for the 1st child and $4/ for 2nd to $24 flat rate per night for 1st child and $20 for 2nd. Really upsetting especially since I was only planning on keeping the in there and hour or so a couple nights.

Awesome! Thanks! So I just learned that apparently NCL has changed the rates from 6/ hour for the 1st child and $4/ for 2nd to $24 flat rate per night for 1st child and $20 for 2nd. Really upsetting especially since I was only planning on keeping the in there and hour or so a couple nights.

Hmmm, hadn't heard that either, and definitely wasn't our experience just last month. If true, their FAQ hasn't caught up to yet: https://www.ncl.com/it/en/faq#babysitters

Where did you hear that at?

Hmmm, hadn't heard that either, and definitely wasn't our experience just last month. If true, their FAQ hasn't caught up to yet: https://www.ncl.com/it/en/faq#babysitters

They have contradicting info on their website. So I called to ask and the guy said that it's true that it has gone to a flat right. Which quite frankly really pisses me off. Especially since I was only planning on having them in there until 11 or midnight. Seems crazy to have to pay $44 for just an hour. I read on another post that someone had suggested printing off both prices from the website and trying to argue it with guest services.

https://www.ncl.com/it/en/faq#do-i-have-pay-splash-academy-entourage-or-late-night-fun-zone-programs-sea-days-and-port-days

I just got word back from NCL through email that they have in fact changed the hourly rate to a flat rate per session. $24/first child and $20/ second child for ages 3-12 from 10:30p- 1:30a

That really sucks!!