cpap usage

realnurse2

Breakaway . Does someone have a link I can look at the actual stateroom?

Just images.google.com "Norwegian breakaway studio". We always carry an extension cord to get power next to the bed (allowed on NCL). You can always use the dressing table stool as a bedside table.

The ship will provide an extension cord if needed, as well as distilled water. Let the access department know in advance that you're bringing it and they will take care of it.

For both of our cruises last year the Access dept provided distilled water but the letter from them said "do not forget to bring an extension cord".

For both of our cruises last year the Access dept provided distilled water but the letter from them said "do not forget to bring an extension cord".

Yes...bring your own extension cord...they are NOT always available. Also..I often have to "remind" them to deliver distilled water..even though I request ahead of time..it usually is not in the room. ;)

I guess the Escape is different - the letter I received specifically says we cannot bring extension cords or power strips and that we can get it at Guest Services. They will have the distilled water in the cabin as requested. Must depend on the ship.

We did not need an extension cord in Jade but we were in a suite.

Just got off the Escape yesterday. I told NCL in advance I was bringing it. It wasn't in the room so I asked the room attendant. He brought distilled water and an extension cord by evening. There was a very small cubby next to the bed that I could set the machine on. If you don't have that in your room, the seat by the vanity would be an option for setting it on.

I guess the Escape is different - the letter I received specifically says we cannot bring extension cords or power strips and that we can get it at Guest Services. They will have the distilled water in the cabin as requested. Must depend on the ship.

We did not need an extension cord in Jade but we were in a suite.

Not unusual that they state the extension and strip thing. Based on feedback here, they never stop a NORMAL extension cord, but a power strip with a breaker is not allowed.

I would always suggest traveling with a simple cheap $5 extension cord with a cpap. You never know what hotel you could end up in with irregular operations.

So simple to carry. Been doing it for many years.. going on 10. Nobody has every bothered me about it.