Regent Seven Seas - Shore excursions are NOT always included

cudof

I am booked on Regent's Explorer - Lisbon to Cape Town, 24 days, November 28, 2018 - and I just learned that Regent will not be offering shore excursions for all passengers at all ports. In some cases, ALL excursions in some ports were sold out on the first date they were available to me, even though I was online at midnight EDT that day.

When I called Regent, they informed me that they have no intention of adding additional excursions. I've spoken with two customer service agents and a supervisor, and I was directed to read the Terms and Conditions, which state "Free unlimited shore excursions are on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability."

A common sense interpretation of those Terms and Conditions would be that passengers may not receive their first choice of shore excursion. However, Regent claims that this condition means they are under NO obligation to provide excursions for all passengers. It's an absurd interpretation, in my opinion, particularly for a company that so aggressively promotes the "all inclusive experience." Most disturbing, it provides Regent with justification to radically reduce the number of shore excursions available on all their cruises.

I am booked on Regent's Explorer - Lisbon to Cape Town, 24 days, November 28, 2018 - and I just learned that Regent will not be offering shore excursions for all passengers at all ports. In some cases, ALL excursions in some ports were sold out on the first date they were available to me, even though I was online at midnight EDT that day.

When I called Regent, they informed me that they have no intention of adding additional excursions. I've spoken with two customer service agents and a supervisor, and I was directed to read the Terms and Conditions, which state "Free unlimited shore excursions are on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability."

A common sense interpretation of those Terms and Conditions would be that passengers may not receive their first choice of shore excursion. However, Regent claims that this condition means they are under NO obligation to provide excursions for all passengers. It's an absurd interpretation, in my opinion, particularly for a company that so aggressively promotes the "all inclusive experience." Most disturbing, it provides Regent with justification to radically reduce the number of shore excursions available on all their cruises.

Cudot,

Upon reviewing your voyage, our Free Unlimited Shore Excursion options remain available in all 12 ports during your journey. We did have limited options in Walvis Bay, however, the team was able to secure additional tour space on several options for this port early last week.

Feel free to advise which port you may have trouble finding available options and we can attempt to assist in securing your choices if you're not able to find them.

Cudot,

Upon reviewing your voyage, our Free Unlimited Shore Excursion options remain available in all 12 ports during your journey. We did have limited options in Walvis Bay, however, the team was able to secure additional tour space on several options for this port early last week.

Feel free to advise which port you may have trouble finding available options and we can attempt to assist in securing your choices if you're not able to find them.

To Jason OKeefe- This is why Regent is my only cruise line! We have five upcoming cruises booked. And, we have always had every issue resolved by your corporate staff and/or crew. Thanks for your immediate response on Cruise Critic.

Sheila

Cudot,

We are also on this cruise but have been successful in getting our shore excursions. However part of the frustration with this cruise and shore excursions has been that Sao Tome always showed and does so currently as unavailable online. Not showing shore excursions that are sold out but no shore excursions available online. Fortunately for us i read on our roll call that 1 passenger had booked an excursion through their TA so i immediately did the same and was able to get our choice.

Now my experience is limited but have not run into a situation where shore excursions were offered in a port but not online. So for someone like me that attempts to do everything online i would not have known that shore excursions were available because i wouldn't call into Regent or talk to our TA about shore excursions unless i was having a problem.

Thanks for your quick respone to cudof.

Cudot,

Thank you for your response.

Initially, several ports had no excursions available and, according to two of your employees, no wait lists; however, all issues, with the exception of São Tomé, were eventually resolved with the assistance and persistence of my travel agent.

Shire excursions in São Tomé, according to your website and your employees, are still not available. Your website states today that they will be available 180 days prior to sailing - a date that obviously has already passed. In addition, on Saturday, your employees, including a supervisor, cited that port’s “poor tourism infrastructure” as a reason for the unavailability. It’s important to note that, on Saturday, Regent was offering Premium Choice shore excursions in São Tomé.

If you are able to determine that excursions are indeed available in São Tomé, I would appreciate it if you could add my husband and me to a walking tour or, if that is not offered, a highlights-type tour. I would also respectfully suggest that your website administrator updates the details for that port’s shore excursions.

Elaine and Gary

Booking #2182363

Thank you for your response.

Initially, several ports had no excursions available and, according to two of your employees, no wait lists; however, all issues, with the exception of São Tomé, were eventually resolved with the assistance and persistence of my travel agent.

Shire excursions in São Tomé, according to your website and your employees, are still not available. Your website states today that they will be available 180 days prior to sailing - a date that obviously has already passed. In addition, on Saturday, your employees, including a supervisor, cited that port’s “poor tourism infrastructure” as a reason for the unavailability. It’s important to note that, on Saturday, Regent was offering Premium Choice shore excursions in São Tomé.

If you are able to determine that excursions are indeed available in São Tomé, I would appreciate it if you could add my husband and me to a walking tour or, if that is not offered, a highlights-type tour. I would also respectfully suggest that your website administrator updates the details for that port’s shore excursions.

Elaine and Gary

Booking #2182363

Greetings and thank you for the booking information.

Please give us 24-48 hours to follow-up. We're just waiting to hear back from our local tour operator for this port and we'll see what we can offer to round out your tour selections. Given the time difference, I expect we'll hear back by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks, Jason

Greetings and thank you for the booking information.

Please give us 24-48 hours to follow-up. We're just waiting to hear back from our local tour operator for this port and we'll see what we can offer to round out your tour selections. Given the time difference, I expect we'll hear back by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks, Jason

UPDATE: I just received a call from Regent, and shore excursions in São Tomé are still full and unavailable for booking. I am, however, now on a wait-list.