NCL's New Deployments

pspercy

Plus the Jewel is the ship that does the cruise tours.

lol which is why we booked it, My father in law keeps trying to switch to Princess, hoping not to add fuel to the fire. NCL had the better tour IMO so don't want to switch.

The "orient?" Didn't realize folks were still using that term.

SuperStar Leo aka Norwegian Spirit is commonly referred to among folks who have sailed her quite a bit as the Oriental Lady. NCL actually referred to her as that as well in some of their materials when I sailed on her quite a bit out of Boston. :)

Does anyone know or can speculate what the plans are for the Encore?

We are booked on her in January 2020 out of Miami, but I wonder what their year-round plans are for her.

Encore will probably move to New York and stay there for a while once Bliss goes back to Alaska for the summer. With the additional indoor public space, it's better suited for northern cities than Breakaway or Escape.

Encore will probably move to New York and stay there for a while once Bliss goes back to Alaska for the summer. With the additional indoor public space, it's better suited for northern cities than Breakaway or Escape.

That does make sense. The very incomplete plans on ncl currently show an Observation lounge. I guess that could move Escape back to Miami year round.

Any idea when we might see the new itineraries for The Jade, Pearl, and Spirit? Or does anyone already have copies of them? I would love to do one of these sailing if the fit with the school calendar.

The Pearl's itineraries should be out July 31/18 and the Jade and Spirit's should be out August 6/18.

Any idea when we might see the new itineraries for The Jade, Pearl, and Spirit? Or does anyone already have copies of them? I would love to do one of these sailing if the fit with the school calendar.

See first post of this thread:)

It would be great if NCL dropped the politics and started to go back to Turkey again. It would be great to be able to visit Istanbul and Ephesus again. They are some of the best preserved historic places I have ever been to.

Norwegian Spirit has cruises Dec 2-15, 2019 and Jan 3-16, 2020 that include Kusadasi ..... they are available on NCL website now.

The Pearl's itineraries should be out July 31/18 and the Jade and Spirit's should be out August 6/18.

See first post of this thread:)

Thanks I did see the dates, but was hoping that someone that had "inside" information would post the dates/itineraries before the "official" release dates. :)

Norwegian Spirit has cruises Dec 2-15, 2019 and Jan 3-16, 2020 that include Kusadasi ..... they are available on NCL website now.

Thanks for that. I have to admit I had not searched the Spirit itineraries that late before because of the uncertainty on what she was doing late on in 2019 and into 2020.

I think I will wait until after the re-deployment details are released in August though until I commit anything because I have been bitten by previous re-deployments with dry-docks involved and a big session is planed for her to be ready to head East.

Thanks for that. I have to admit I had not searched the Spirit itineraries that late before because of the uncertainty on what she was doing late on in 2019 and into 2020.

I think I will wait until after the re-deployment details are released in August though until I commit anything because I have been bitten by previous re-deployments with dry-docks involved and a big session is planed for her to be ready to head East.

Spirit winter 2019-2020 itineraries are out on NCL.com. Until Jan 2020, that is.

Norwegian Pearl will be based in Amsterdam in 2019 – a new home port for NCL – and sail to countries including Lithuania, Latvia and Poland, before moving to Rome.

[emoji50] take my money Ncl i book it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Joy add capacity in the summer Alaska market (adding to Bliss and Jewel), or does Jewel stay in the Aussie market year round - cancelling her 2019 Alaska itineraries I wonder?

Jewel does Vancouver-Anchorage one way trips in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So disappointed that NCL is no longer offering sailings from/to Vancouver to Alaska. Our family, 8 of us, want to do an Alaska cruise next summer but there is no way some are flying into Vancouver and then trucking down to Seattle to catch a ship. Not to mention that we don't want to cruise on the mega ships. I have Platinum status but my next trip is on Princess for the California Coastal because Norwegian's Pacific coast itinerary is poor. I guess the Canadian market is not that attractive to NCL.