B2B - what happens between cruises

T&Mcruiseagain

Thanks for this information. We are doing a B2B in Auckland next year. We also plan on doing an excursion that day so hopefully we will have time for that.

Princess excursion or an independent one?

If a Princess excursion it will be treated like a shore excursion during the cruise. You will be assigned a time to meet for the excursion and will be back to the ship per the schedule for the excursion.

If an independent excursion, you can leave the ship anytime once normal disembarkation starts. Just be sure that you get back to the ship at least an hour before scheduled sailing.

If you plan on going through Customs with the group doing B2B trips, always be prepared to show up before the stated time. They usually make an announcement that disembarkation for the other passengers is going ahead of schedule & request the in-transit passengers to report up to 30 minutes earlier than stated in their letter.

Question about B2B....my husband and I both need wheelchair assistance to board and disembark the ship in SF due to his knees and my hip. The ramp is more than we can handle. Question ....will we be able to get wheelchair assistance from the ship to go through immigration and then reboard on our B2B next year ?

Question about B2B....my husband and I both need wheelchair assistance to board and disembark the ship in SF due to his knees and my hip. The ramp is more than we can handle. Question ....will we be able to get wheelchair assistance from the ship to go through immigration and then reboard on our B2B next year ?

Of course.

Just like when you board the ship on embarkation.

We book a lot for B2B 10 day cruises on the last day of the first cruise. I jump up & down in my cabin yelling happy happy!!!

I have 10 more days to go. LOL

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Question, so when you book the next segment while you are onboard what kind of price to you usually get? Higher or lower than had you booked it say a month prior to the cruise? Thanks.

Thanks for this information. We are doing a B2B in Auckland next year. We also plan on doing an excursion that day so hopefully we will have time for that.

As above, if it is a Princess excursion, they'll handle everything as they typically do. If it is a private excursion, you just need to be back by "all aboard" time. Totally easy either way.

This will be handled just like any other embarkation/disembarkation. The only thing is that, just like on a normal end or beginning of cruise, you may have to wait until the "pushers" are available. Typically, HA assist disembarkation requires a wait in their disembarkation area (they have far fewer people assisting than people needing assistance), and again, we've usually had to wait in the terminal until they come down to assist with boarding. So yes, the assistance will be available, but you might have to wait for it. Don't plan on things happening quickly!

Question, so when you book the next segment while you are onboard what kind of price to you usually get? Higher or lower than had you booked it say a month prior to the cruise? Thanks.

Can't answer for current pricing philosophy, but when I have been on cruises where they have pushed the opportunity to sign up for the next segment it has been at a bargain rate. Better to offer the cabin at a low price to a passenger already on the ship than to let the cabin be empty.

I have never taken advantage of the opportunity because of arrangements for flights back to home (not made with EZAir) which would cost a bunch to change.