Is Hemmingway House close enough to walk to?

*jess*

This will be our first time in Key West (Last year the port was cancelled) and I really want to see Hemmingway House. Is it close enough to walk? Or would you recommend taking either a taxi or the trolley?

It is an easy walk 9 blocks straight up Whitehead St.

Mike:)

Easy Walk!

At a covention my DH was playing golf so I got to have "my own fun" in Key West for the day. Loved going to the Hemingway House and not feeling rushed like I did the time before when he was with me.

Any cat lover will totally enjoy. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Really, the whole island is an easy walk as it's only about a mile wide.

We use to visit Key West for a month every summer, and we didn't get back in the car until it was time to go home. We either walked or rode our bicycles.

You should check out the ship wreck museum as well, great items inside that were found off the coast.

• 3 weeks later...

I am doing a land based vacation in February & found a really cool site to assist in this matter. It's called, "key west steps". You enter your starting place & where you want to go & it calculates how many steps. Have fun!

On 12/4/12, four of us walked from the dock, past Hemingway's house, to the "Southernmost Point" for the "tourist" photo. Then we decided to hire two pedicabs to take us back to our ship for lunch; we had 2 pm parasailing reservations.

The pedicabs were hanging out by the Point and the guy said $20 for our ride. When I told him we'd need 2 pedicabs and were only looking to pay $10 each, he lowered his price to $15 for each pedicab. Our ride to the ship took about 10 min. And we gave them a $5 tip. Fun ride!

Archived