Coffee Cards

Doughboy

Can you point out where you see a 20% discount on the Princess site?

Edit: Oh, I see what you are looking at. It is not 20% less to purchase in advance. It's 20% cheaper than buying 15 specialty coffee drinks individually. The coffee "card" (now electronic and added to your cruise card) is the same price whether purchased in advance or onboard.

I noticed on the Princess website it states you can save 20% if you buy the card before your cruise. Am I correct in thinking that is basically the gratuity? If you bought it on the ship, you would pay gratuity?

No card anymore its a package they put on your account.

The 20% savings is what you get versus buying each drink individually.

You get charged the gratuity regardless.

Do note, though, that, since this is now on your cruise card, it's only good for the cruise on which you've purchased it.

We just got off the Royal and were told we had until the end of the year (2018) to use up the punches on my "real" coffee card (paper version). Apparently there are newer paper cards that give you until March, 2019, too, but then it's all on the cruise card.

Do note, though, that, since this is now on your cruise card, it's only good for the cruise on which you've purchased it.

We just got off the Royal and were told we had until the end of the year (2018) to use up the punches on my "real" coffee card (paper version). Apparently there are newer paper cards that give you until March, 2019, too, but then it's all on the cruise card.

Some incorrect info here, somewhat.

Paper coffee cards are good/valid until August 31, 2019 - UNLESS the paper card has a pre-printed expiration date on it, then it's only good till that date.

There's no end of year or March universal cut-off - it's August 2019 unless pre-printed expiration date.