Parrothead Weekend

2VaCruzers

We are going to Key West for a long weekend in November along with friends of ours. Just found out it's Parrothead weekend while we're there. Can anyone enlighten us as to what goes on that weekend? Sounds fun, and we're definitely Buffett fans. :D

Parrothead weekend is called Meeting of the Minds, they have activities all

sponsored by local chapters of Parrothead clubs. In order to get in to anything you have to be part of the clubs and also pay a fee to go to meeting of the minds. Some of the music does take place outside on Duval you maybe able to see that with out being part of the club.

(if you want to get into all the events, you can search online for a local

chapter, join and then pay the fee to go and you will get a badge that will

get you into everthing)

I used to belong to the Central Florida Club and we went down one year, it was fun. You will see alot of people decked out in funny "buffett" clothing.

Also sometimes Jimmy shows up and plays in the street, so you may get a free concert.:)

Thanks, Keywest22! I guess there will just be a little extra excitement going on while we're there....and a few more crowds as well. Do you happen to know if the Bone Island Shuttle is still running? We will have a rental car, but know full well that parking in town is next to impossible. We're staying at the Radisson about 3 miles from town.

And if we actually get luck enough to see JB...it would make our weekend the best in years!!:D

we were there last year during that time (not MOM members though) (friend has a condo)

there were a few things anyone could attend - a free steel drum concert, a major concert/party/afternnon of music in the center of Duval outside of La Concha Hotel and a parade up the street to a restaurant whose name escapes me (it's the one next to the Conch Farm)

musica through the evening, lotsa fun people around.

overall it's a nice couple of days, makes it a little too crowded for me though

Archived