Immersion Heater - AMA Waterways Cruise

sarcar97

I have a travel, portable 220W immersion heater for mixing medicine that I need to take. I have to have boiling water. Would the immersion heater be any problems. I see where AMA has 220W so it's the same - just need the proper adapter. It's very small.

I have a travel, portable 220W immersion heater for mixing medicine that I need to take. I have to have boiling water. Would the immersion heater be any problems...
I do NOT know AMA's but the problem I see is that someone (not saying you) could get distracted, boil the water dry and then have the device burst into flames. I suspect that just like clothes irons and other devices, this might be frowned upon. Most boats have a 24/7 coffee/ tea machine - the tea water is close to boiling when it comes out - would that work?

Thom

We've used water out of our Keurig and it doesn't get hot enough and stay hot enough long enough. We have to boil it for a couple of minutes. That's where the problem happens is keeping it hot enough long enough.

You say 220W immersion heater and that Ama's is 220W (W as in Watts), but that is wrong. They use a 220V (V as in Volts), which is completely different. You might want to double check, and if it is allowed (which I am not sure of, you may need not only a plug converter for the different style plugs, but you may also need voltage transformer. Just go back and check if it is Watts or Volts.

or just ask if the kitchen staff can boil it for you.
They certainly can and will (at least on any of the various lines I have been on), during the hours they are in the kitchen. Talk to the Maitre d' and/or Hotel Director and they WILL see that this gets accomplished, most likely even if they themselves go down to the kitchen during off hours.