P&O Winners of the Fairest Tipping Award 2017

mandylennon

Console yourself Selbourne by looking up which ship had the best burger last year :confused::D

:') I just looked at the survey and it’s got an award for best towel animals. Tells you all you need to know. These constant ‘awards’ given by countless cruise websites are complete tosh. It’s a bit like the ‘best this and that’ awards given to various food products. Manufacturers or retailers often have to pay to enter products for assessment, which renders them worthless as many refuse to do so. The only truly independent, unbiased, non-subjective and worthwhile ratings are provided by organisations such as Which?

Haha no surprise Disney won best for kids. It would be a bit disappointing for them if they didn't as they are possible the only cruiseline that puts kids first. Anyone been on Disney?

No, did think about it when children were young, but after staying in a disney hotel in Disneyland Paris, we were disneyed out, its a small, small world being played constantly.

Also we like the towel aminals on RCI, some of them were very impressive, although we hardly saw our steward all cruise, as he was probably too busy doing the towels.

Haha no surprise Disney won best for kids. It would be a bit disappointing for them if they didn't as they are possible the only cruiseline that puts kids first. Anyone been on Disney?

Yes, went on it without children and while its great for them its every bit as good adults.

The shows are the best we have ever seen, the restaurants really imaginative in fact the whole ship is. Even the ships horn plays when you wish apon a star.

Disney have their own private island that the ship visits and there is a whole back story to it about castaways etc. You can go to the perfect white beach and have a massage or eat BBQ etc

They have some segregated areas on the ship for children and some (thankfully) for adults who want some peace and quiet.

All in all great fun for young and young at heart.

Who was the tipping fairest to, the staff or the passengers, and which dumb cluck invented this award?

Its fairest to P&O they can pay staff low wages and expect customers to tip to a good standard of wage and therefore boosting company profits.

.....and we are off......round and round and round we shall go, where the tipping thread will stop nobody knows (but the last one is at 282 posts and counting). I’ve never been one for fortune telling, but I predict here and now that this will now become yet another interminable thread full of circular arguments, fables and myths that achieve nothing other than to irritate one another.

Its fairest to P&O they can pay staff low wages and expect customers to tip to a good standard of wage and therefore boosting company profits.

I doubt that is correct because since the US lines auto tips are far higher than those of P&O, then P&O will need to pay a far higher basic wage or risk losing all their staff to the US lines.

:') I just looked at the survey and it’s got an award for best towel animals. Tells you all you need to know. These constant ‘awards’ given by countless cruise websites are complete tosh. It’s a bit like the ‘best this and that’ awards given to various food products. Manufacturers or retailers often have to pay to enter products for assessment, which renders them worthless as many refuse to do so. The only truly independent, unbiased, non-subjective and worthwhile ratings are provided by organisations such as Which?

I couldn't agree more. Most of them are also organised by companies that sell cruises - so they are not biased at all are they... :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more. Most of them are also organised by companies that sell cruises - so they are not biased at all are they... :rolleyes:

And of course companies who know that they struggle with a contentious issue would never encourage/influence this would they?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums