Classic drinks package - i am becoming brain dead

hampshirelad

We ordered wine every night for dinner, and just expressed our desire for the varietal, depending on what we were having for dinner. They took our card, so appeared to know we had the Classic package. We were never asked to sign anything for "overage". They showed us the label before pouring, and I think we may have gotten a "bonus" several times (the wines were all delicious!). Another nicety is that the wine staff kept topping off our glasses. No complaints here... this was on the Infinity.

I need to make sure that you see the warning in my signature

Warning: You will not be able to drink unlimited drinks all day long with the drink packages unless you start very early in the day.

Drink up and make sure to start early 🍷🍻🍾🍹🥂

I need to make sure that you see the warning in my signature

Warning: You will not be able to drink unlimited drinks all day long with the drink packages unless you start very early in the day.

Drink up and make sure to start early [emoji485][emoji482][emoji898][emoji484]🥂

That warning is incredibly important. Thank you for the PSA

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Is this a change from previous policy? I seem to recall that drinks over the classic package limit were simply not covered - and that you could pay the difference between drink cost and the package per drink limit only with the premium package. For example, for a person with the classic package, a martini at the Martini bar would not be covered at all and you would have to pay the entire cost of the drink vs. just paying the amount over $9. (I suspect this was intended as a way to get more folks to upgrade to premium...) - But it sounds like multiple posters are saying that you are allowed to pay the difference for both premium AND classic. (I checked the Celebrity site and I cannot find a reference to paying the difference for either the classic or premium package it just says it covers drinks up to $9/$13 depending on the package.)

Not trying to muddy the waters - just trying to understand so I can drink/spend wisely. :cool:

The $55 per person per day covers drinks to the $9 and it will include 18% gratuity automatically. There is a selection of drinks, beer and wine at most bars (except World Class Bar) available in that range. Nothing premium if you like good liquor. Also soda and premium coffees. You can drink as much or as little as you want. No limit when you reach $55. You can order a drink for more and just pay the difference. If you order a $12 dink you will be charged $3 plus gratuity. On the Celebrity web site you can find what is included in the Classic Package. Yes Elite members get free drinks (from a limited menu) between 5-7pm or on some ships get 3 drink coupons per night. As for the dining room, stop at a bar before you go in and get a glass of wine to bring with you.

Is this a change from previous policy? I seem to recall that drinks over the classic package limit were simply not covered - and that you could pay the difference between drink cost and the package per drink limit only with the premium package. For example, for a person with the classic package, a martini at the Martini bar would not be covered at all and you would have to pay the entire cost of the drink vs. just paying the amount over $9. (I suspect this was intended as a way to get more folks to upgrade to premium...) - But it sounds like multiple posters are saying that you are allowed to pay the difference for both premium AND classic. (I checked the Celebrity site and I cannot find a reference to paying the difference for either the classic or premium package it just says it covers drinks up to $9/$13 depending on the package.)

Not trying to muddy the waters - just trying to understand so I can drink/spend wisely. :cool:

New rules started in April per other CC's posting on various threads. With the Classic Drink Package almost every beverage $9 or less is included. If your drink costs more you pay the difference and they will add the 18% tip based on the small up charge. Hopes this helps. When in doubt just ask the server :).

does anyone have a bar menu so I can see what drinks are under $9. First cruise on Celebrity!!!

This .pdf doesn't really list specific drinks/cocktails but it does show a list of name brand spirits that fall into each category.

If you have a 'classic' drink package it's my understanding that if you request a specific cocktail (margarita, daiquiri, drink of the day, whatever) to be made with a liquor from the 'classic beverage' list OR if you don't specify a name brand liquor and your drink is made with the well liquor (with the exception of some specific cocktails already noted by others) you'll probably be good to go.

It seems like the bar menus and bar staff are generally cognizant of the 'Classic' vs 'Premium' packages therefore try to be clear about pricing.

This list has a date at the bottom of 04/2017 so it 'should be' fairly current.

Also Note: It does confirm the new policy of allowing Classic Beverage package holders to order more expensive drinks (over $9) and pay only the difference in price.

So Prost People 🍻!

If you have a 'classic' drink package it's my understanding that if you request a specific cocktail (margarita, daiquiri, drink of the day, whatever) to be made with a liquor from the 'classic beverage' list OR if you don't specify a name brand liquor and your drink is made with the well liquor (with the exception of some specific cocktails already noted by others) you'll probably be good to go.

The only time you need to specify anything is if you want a specific liquor in your drink. If you don't specify you will always get the well booze (which isn't bad stuff generally). If you order a vodka-soda you will get stoli regardless of what your card says unless you ask for specific vodka. Just because you have the premium does not automatically mean they will use better liquor in your mixed drinks. The majority of the well booze (if not all of it) is what comes standard on the classic package.

If you have the classic package just order your drink, if you have the premium and want a specific liquor you need to let them know when you order. Easy peasy.