Hotel in FLL & Transportation to the Port - 4 Adults 1 child

parkbr

Hi,

My plan now has changed and my parents have decided to join me to the cruise in December.

Now I am doing my research from scratch and see what would work the best for us and preferably cheaper the better.

I hope some of you here can help me with that, as all along, I've been only looking at some of the options for just 3 of us.

We now have 5 people, 4 adults and 1 child who is 3. We will be brining our car seat. We need 1 night hotel accommodation and transportation to the port.

Should I get 2 rooms? or 1 or 2 bedroom suite (my husband and I don't mind sleeping in the pull-out bed for 1 night, if $$ is much cheaper)?

Should I rent a shuttle in advance? or Uber? or rent a car at the airport for 1 day and return it to the Port location? (My husband can drop all of us at the port and drop the car and take the shuttle back)

FYI, we arrive at FLL around 4PM on Sat for our Sunday cruise.

Thank you so much!

If you don't need to go anywhere except the hotel and port, then I'd look for a hotel with airport and cruise terminal transportation. We've used the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach several times. It's a good basic hotel, not a beach resort. Some restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

What date? Early December is value season. Near to Christmas/New Years, and the rates jump. Check out the hotel choices and then decide which room/s to book.

Arriving at 4, I'd look for something in walking distance to restaurants for the evening.

What date? Early December is value season. Near to Christmas/New Years, and the rates jump. Check out the hotel choices and then decide which room/s to book.

Arriving at 4, I'd look for something in walking distance to restaurants for the evening.

Dec 9th. So I think it's kind of value season.

Not even sure how much it good or bad anymore...

Last time (6 years ago) I paid $88 for 1 night at Hyatt Pier 66 via Hotwire/Priceline bidding... (ironically, it was same date - Dec 9, 2011)

If you don't need to go anywhere except the hotel and port, then I'd look for a hotel with airport and cruise terminal transportation. We've used the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach several times. It's a good basic hotel, not a beach resort. Some restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Thanks. Do you know if this hotel provides shuttle to the port? I see that it has shuttle to the airport, but not sure about the port.

... Thanks. Do you know if this hotel provides shuttle to the port? I see that it has shuttle to the airport, but not sure about the port.

Free shuttle to Port Everglades, but no shuttle to PortMiami.

We just stayed at Hyatt House in Dania Beach last week. We had a suite with a king bed and a separate room with a pullout and kitchen for $130. The hotel has free breakfast, free airport shuttles and a shuttle to Port Canaveral (not free). We didn't use shuttles. Hotel was nice and we thought price was very reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just stayed at Hyatt House in Dania Beach last week. We had a suite with a king bed and a separate room with a pullout and kitchen for $130. The hotel has free breakfast, free airport shuttles and a shuttle to Port Canaveral (not free). We didn't use shuttles. Hotel was nice and we thought price was very reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked and the price is whooping $223 plus tax!!

Btw, may I ask what you used to get to the Port and how much it was?

The shuttle is $12/pp one-way, $20 for return.

We stayed at homewood suites near fll last July and took Quality Limosine Service shuttle to Miami cruise port - we had 6 of us so got 2 rooms - they were studio suites with full kitchens and breakfast was provided! It might not have been the cheapest way but was convenient since we had 4 teens with us and didn’t want to split up getting to the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by wetwash

I booked a Comfort suite for 1 night. Everyone in 1 room as we're really there for the night and will be departing the next day as soon as we wake up and have breakfast.

I looked into Springhill, Hilton House, and Homewood suites, but didn't think we needed full kitchen, so we just went with the cheapest option.

I also don't want to split up as my parents are not very familiar with speaking English, and don't want them to feel anxious. Also, coming from Canada, we won't have cell phones, so I'd also prefer to stay in one shuttle.

But thank you for letting me know about UBER option. :)

I would highly recommend Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention thru valuetrips.com which for your timeframe is showing on valuetrips at $153/night. This hotel has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, a free breakfast the next morning and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier for $7/person. There are also several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and stores for any last minute cruise items. I stayed at this hotel this past March and it has now become our go to hotel.

Hope this helps.

I would highly recommend Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention thru valuetrips.com which for your timeframe is showing on valuetrips at $153/night. This hotel has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, a free breakfast the next morning and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier for $7/person. There are also several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and stores for any last minute cruise items. I stayed at this hotel this past March and it has now become our go to hotel.

Hope this helps.

I just submitted the request through valuetrips. I hope I hear back from them soon.

Then I can decide whether to stay at Hyatt or Comfort suite. The prices are just about $10 different for the hotel and $15 for shuttle for 5 of us.

You need a cell phone to use uber.

I think we can use Skype to call US?

UberXL should fit all 5 plus bags (unless someone in your group packs like my wife), but Uber is a web based application - you do not phone anyone. A mini-van taxi should fit all of you plus bags and the fare from FLL area hotels should be about $75. Ask the hotel's front desk staff to call the cab for you - they know who is reliable.

My sister and I were there last week and stayed at the Hilton Marina just across the intercoastal from the Hyatt Pier 66 (who cancelled my reservation 2 weeks before arrival) Nice hotel, we had 2 suitcases and 2 garment bags. We used Uber XL and were picked up by a nice black suburban. $17.64 from hotel to port. The driver even helped with loading bags. This was our first time using Uber and I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

My sister and I were there last week and stayed at the Hilton Marina just across the intercoastal from the Hyatt Pier 66 (who cancelled my reservation 2 weeks before arrival) Nice hotel, we had 2 suitcases and 2 garment bags. We used Uber XL and were picked up by a nice black suburban. $17.64 from hotel to port. The driver even helped with loading bags. This was our first time using Uber and I was pleasantly surprised.

UberXL should fit all 5 plus bags (unless someone in your group packs like my wife), but Uber is a web based application - you do not phone anyone. A mini-van taxi should fit all of you plus bags and the fare from FLL area hotels should be about $75. Ask the hotel's front desk staff to call the cab for you - they know who is reliable.

Would Uber XL be big enough for 5 people (4 adult 1 child in her carseat) and possibly 2-3 medium (26'' suitcases) and 2-3 small suitcases? (total of 5 suitcases. either it being 2 medium + 3 small or 3 medium + 2 small.).

A mini-van taxi of $75 is more expensive than the shuttle. I'd rather take shuttle if that's the case.

Even the SUV Uber was only $27.49 from our hotel to the port. I would think that there would be plenty of room.

We took a regular cab from the airport to the hotel and the driver didn't say one word to us other than "where to", and the cab was also dirty.

Even the SUV Uber was only $27.49 from our hotel to the port. I would think that there would be plenty of room.

We took a regular cab from the airport to the hotel and the driver didn't say one word to us other than "where to", and the cab was also dirty.

Thank you! :)

UberXL is typically a mini-van or large SUV -- 5 plus bags will be a squeeze but you can do it.

Are you going to Port Everglades or Port of Miami? Taxi to PE should be about $15-20 (mini-van taxis are the same fare as standard cabs) while a cab to POM will be about $75. UberXL fare should be approx. the same for both ports.

UberXL is typically a mini-van or large SUV -- 5 plus bags will be a squeeze but you can do it.

Are you going to Port Everglades or Port of Miami? Taxi to PE should be about $15-20 (mini-van taxis are the same fare as standard cabs) while a cab to POM will be about $75. UberXL fare should be approx. the same for both ports.

We're going to PE.

Just debating whether to UberXL or Shuttle from the hotel.

Hope this helps.

Ahhh, valuetrips got back to me and informed us that my dates are blackout dates. I guess it's sold out?

=(