Brisbane Port Opening

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:22 AM.
Queensland
750 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Just read in the paper that the new port should be open for business in August. Yippee!! that means it should be up and running efficiently by our September cruise - no more transit centre.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 cruises down and really looking forward to the next one- Voyager of the Seas in March 2018 1x Fairsea, 1 x Fairstar, 3 x Fair Princess, 2 x Pacific Sky, 5 x Pacific Sun, 3 x Pacific Star, 7 x Pacific Dawn, 3 x Rhapsody of the Seas, 2 x Dawn Princess, 6 x Sun Princess, 2 x Voyager of the Seas, 1 x Carnival Spirit, 1 x Pacific Jewel, 3 x Sea Princess, 1 x Sapphire Princess, 1 x Legend of the Seas, 1 x Golden Princess (3 legs).
750 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I sure hope so! We are going in December!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sun Princess March 2012 Brisbane-Sydney Repo
Coral Princess April 2011 Acapulco-Fort Lauderdale Trans-Canal
Freedom of the Seas Oct 2008 Western Caribbean
Pacific Star Dec 16, 2006 New Caledonia & Vanuatu
Island Princess Feb 8, 1991 Amazon (Manaus-San Juan)
Pacific Princess Sept 1984 Mexican Riviera
Brisbane
1,100 Posts
Joined May 2006
yep by december everything should be running nice and smooth. the staff will get plenty of time to perfect their work
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CRUISE PICS
Pacific Star - R608 Golden Getaway 8th March 2006
Pacific Star - R640 7 Night Delight 2nd December 2006
Pacific Sun - N906 Week Fantastique 14 February 2009

Coming Up
Dawn Princess - D910 Sampler Cruise June 5 2009
The Beer Garden

My Photo Gallery (not of the cruise kind though)
Originally posted by Riffraff
but I guess it's not the size that matters, it's how tall the pointy bits are!
Burleigh Waters
143 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by suey
Just read in the paper that the new port should be open for business in August. Yippee!! that means it should be up and running efficiently by our September cruise - no more transit centre.
Hi Suey

Just wondering which paper you found that story in so I could read it as well.

cheers
Queensland
750 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Rallo
Hi Suey

Just wondering which paper you found that story in so I could read it as well.

cheers
A little piece in Fridays Brisbane Courier Mail - so small it would be easy to miss.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 cruises down and really looking forward to the next one- Voyager of the Seas in March 2018 1x Fairsea, 1 x Fairstar, 3 x Fair Princess, 2 x Pacific Sky, 5 x Pacific Sun, 3 x Pacific Star, 7 x Pacific Dawn, 3 x Rhapsody of the Seas, 2 x Dawn Princess, 6 x Sun Princess, 2 x Voyager of the Seas, 1 x Carnival Spirit, 1 x Pacific Jewel, 3 x Sea Princess, 1 x Sapphire Princess, 1 x Legend of the Seas, 1 x Golden Princess (3 legs).
Orewa , Auckland , N.Z.
18,978 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I cant wait.........it will be soooooooooo much better.Will they have somewhere where you can at last wave bon voyage to your friends and or family as they sail away?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DAVID

P&O...12
Princess...11
HAL ...4
Norwegian Capricorn ... 3
RCCL ...2
Cunard ...2
Star Cruises ... 2
Regent Seven Seas ...2
NCL ...1

*Don't be afraid to go out on a limb ... Thats where the fruit is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask
Brisbane
1,100 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by suey
A little piece in Fridays Brisbane Courier Mail - so small it would be easy to miss.
that would explain why i couldnt find it in the sunday mail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CRUISE PICS
Pacific Star - R608 Golden Getaway 8th March 2006
Pacific Star - R640 7 Night Delight 2nd December 2006
Pacific Sun - N906 Week Fantastique 14 February 2009

Coming Up
Dawn Princess - D910 Sampler Cruise June 5 2009
The Beer Garden

My Photo Gallery (not of the cruise kind though)
Originally posted by Riffraff
but I guess it's not the size that matters, it's how tall the pointy bits are!
Queensland
750 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Star-Man
that would explain why i couldnt find it in the sunday mail
Sorry I went straight from work to the coast for the weekend so couldn't post until yesterday so 'just read' wasn't quite true I should have said recently read to save you trying to find it in yesterdays paper
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Brisbane
4,730 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
IT has been promised for nearly 20 years but finally Brisbane is about to get an international standard shipping cruise terminal.

The August opening of the facility, at Hamilton on the Brisbane River, has already led cruise companies to book berths for as late as 2008.
Cruise companies are also thinking of adding a Brisbane call to schedules, following the successful showcase of the terminal at a cruise-shipping convention in the US last month.
Some large international operators had refused to come here because of the appalling facilities .
At present, cruise ships have to tie up beside a fertiliser wharf at Pinkenba, where passengers are processed through a tent.
Big vessels – ones usually on world cruises – have to tie up at the Fisherman Islands container dock at the river mouth. Nothing was done until Multiplex incorporated a terminal in its Portside Wharf complex. The project's senior development manager, Ryan Andersen, said yesterday that 19 ships would arrive between the August opening and the end of the year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Christmas & New Year South Pacific (12 nights)

__________________________________________________ ___

Pacific Sky, Pacific Star (2), Pacific Sun (5), Pacific Dawn (4), Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl (2), Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Solstice, Rhapsody of the Seas, Aurora (2)
Brisbane
4,730 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Skyrules
The project's senior development manager, Ryan Andersen, said yesterday that 19 ships would arrive between the August opening and the end of the year.
I think what he means is that they have 19 arrivals booked. Pacific Star has 17 arrivals/departures from Brisbane between August (when it arrives back from Auckland) and the end of December. So to say that 19 cruise ships will be visiting Brisbane is probably just a weeny bit of an exageration, when the truth is there's really only the one ship that's based here, plus one or two extra's that will be visiting (probably Pacific Princess and Pacific Sun).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Christmas & New Year South Pacific (12 nights)

__________________________________________________ ___

Pacific Sky, Pacific Star (2), Pacific Sun (5), Pacific Dawn (4), Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl (2), Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Solstice, Rhapsody of the Seas, Aurora (2)