Cruising on Pacific Sun N620 30th June 2006

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:07 AM.
Queensland
1,516 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
The level of dress in the restaurant has dramatically reduced in the years I have been cruising. On our last cruise in January there were even people at dinner in shorts on the Formal nights! Don't worry hubby will be fine in jeans. We personally like to get changed for dinner and wear something a little smarter than our day wear. You don't get enough opportunities to "dress up" nowdays I reckon.

I have seen people sent from the restaurant for dress on the last few cruises (Sept 05 & Jan 06) but mostly it is because they aren't wearing shoes or still have a swim suit or something on, not because they were wearing jeans.

Cheers,
Chaz
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
22 cruises down & not sure what is next!!
Fair Princess x2, Pacific Sky x2, Pacific Sun, Pacific Star x3, Pacific Dawn x5, Rhapsody of the Seas x3, Oriana (ok the Oriana cruise was only two nights!), Sun Princess x3, Sapphire Princess, Voyager of the Seas

<SMALL></SMALL>
Katherine NT Australia
551 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi All

On the Star my hubby wore a combination of shorts/polo shirts , jeans/poloshirts and trousers/shirt/tie (formal nights) without any issues. There were people wearing thongs on their feet (weren't asked to leave) but the bloke who kept showing up without a shirt on was always being sent back to change.

Phones - the internal phones can make calls to shore - on deck 8 on the star and cost $20 or $30 cash (they are machines). The $20 card gives you 6 mnutes and 30 seconds. Mobile phones - we had CDMA and had absolutely no access anywhere - not even New Zealand (after being assurred by Telstra we would). Sim carded phones worked in Fiji and Tonga (if you were with Vodaphone only).

Hope this helps

Rach
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises
Pacific Star - Moonlight Serenade - Birthday Cruise
27th May 2006 - 9th June 2006
Pacific Star - Week Fantastique - Anniversary Cruise
29th Sept - 6th Oct 2007
Pacifc Sun N740 - 18th Dec - 27th Dec 2007 - Family Christmas Cruise
Pacific Sun N929 - Week Tropique - 19th Sept 2009-25th Sept 2009 -Long Service Leave Cruise
Pacific Dawn - Week Fantastique 20th-27th November 2010 - mum and daughter time

Pacific Jewel - 27th June 2014 - Sydney/Brisbane/South Pacific/Brisbane
575 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
With all this discussion re 'jeans' I think it comes down to the type of jeans. Like some are 'dressier', if there's such a word, and some look like you've just greased the car. So I guess it depends if they are neat and clean, sometimes you can't even notice that they are jeans.