Best 2 1/2 day bermuda itinerary

Boatingmom

With only 2 and 1/2 days what would you do besides horseshoe beach? Sailing with teens if that matters. Give me some ideas.please. What's a must see? Hamilton, St. George's, crystal caves, jet skii?HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to know too. We are doing the Warwick to Horseshoe Bay walk/exploration. But also looking for ideas with a teen. Thought about renting a Boston Whaler. She's a little afraid of jet skiing. Also may ferry to St George to check out beaches. But looking for recommendations for those with experience.

We typically do two days of resort for a day at elbow beach.

This visit we did one day at elbow, day two sight seeing around Hamilton and a celebrity/house boat tour in the afternoon. Then we went back over to Hamilton in the evening for harbor nights.

Last half day we love rising son catamaran for snorkel and swim.

In the past we've also taken a day to go to st George sight seeing. Tobacco bay etc. lots and lots of walking, but really get to see the island.

The crystal cave and swizzle inn took a half day.

If you plan to go to Hamilton get a token for the ferry then buy a book of paper tokens when you get off there, much cheaper and they don't sell them where you get off the ship.

The museum on the hill at the Dockyard might be interesting enough to a teen. Lots of war memorabilia, cannons, but also Bermuda history and great scenic photo spot on top of hill of ship. Entrance on side of Snorkel Park area. Just ask. About $12. Also allows you into dolphin area at hottom but museum is on top of hill....nice little hike,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With only 2 and 1/2 days what would you do besides horseshoe beach? Sailing with teens if that matters. Give me some ideas.please. What's a must see? Hamilton, St. George's, crystal caves, jet skii?HELP!!

I'm sure the teens would love to do cliff jumping at Admiralty House Park or climb a lighthouse. There is a 'to do' list here which includes cliff jumping.& l/h climbing.

SBtS

I'm also traveling with teens and will have 2.5 days to explore. Struggled with the itinerary for a long time, as I wanted a mix of seeing the island and learning about history/culture and keeping active teens happy. Here's what we have decided so far:

Day 1: Bermuda Byways tour (small van--10 people) with Hedi. Tour gets great reviews, should be good for all ages (we will have my dad with me as well), and includes climbing Gibb's Lighthouse and lots of out of the van time to see sites. Covers a good chunk of the island (including parts of St. George)

(Possible ferry to Hamilton to see Harbour Nights festival in evening.)

Day 2: Parasailing with K & S Watersports. (I'm a little skittish about this, but it should be fun--will be a first for all of us). 2 hours. Includes a boat ride and a possible stop to see turtles or ship wreck. Before or after parasiling (we have to decide whether we want to do it first or last), we are going to do the Warwick to Horseshoe beach walk with stops to swim and take photos. (Possible night glass bottom boat tour in evening.)

Day 3: Boys want to do either Hartley's Helmet Diving (again, I'm a little nervous, but reviews are very positive) or wake up early to take the Hidden Gems tour which includes cliff jumping, cave exploration, and cave swimming. Woud book through ship at 7:30 a.m. so we wouldn't risk missing sail away.

Hope these ideas help! Sorry I can't write from experience (yet).

Thanks all. Think I'll do byways with Heidi day one to see what this island is all about. She gets great reviews. possibly harbor lights that night. horseshoe beach day two maybe jet skiing first?. Day three either something through the ship or St. George's by ferry. Hidden gems tour sounds interesting too. I have some time to decide.[emoji39]

I just returned yesterday from the NCL Breakaway with the 2 1/2 days in Bermuda. We are age 40-50 and had 3 teen boys, age 19. Our group wanted beaches and snorkel time..... This is what we did and they had a blast.....

Day one: Cab for 7 of us from Kings Wharf to Horseshoe Bay beach $42 each way. We had lunch on the beach @ $15 for a burger/fries/soda. Took a cab back after 5 hours there.

Day two: Cab for 7 of us from Kings Wharf to Gibbs Lighthouse @ $30 cab fare; stayed for about an hour taking pictures and spending money in the gift shop --- which is way cheaper for your 'trinkets' than any other place we shopped. Also, you can buy bottled juice/water/soda here for $2.25. We left the lighthouse and went to the nearby Church Bay beach @$13 cab fare. This was pretty awesome for snorkeling...we have so many pics of fish here. This is not a swimming-type beach...mostly good for snorkeling for @ 1-2 hours. We took the cab back to Kings Wharf @ $33 cab fare.

Day three: Quick walk over to Snorkel Park beach (we used the excursion credit onboard to pay for the admission/chairs/umbrella) ... admission is $5, chairs/umbrella is $25 ... we spent one hour here and thought it was pretty lame and wished we had joined the other half of our group. The other half of our group took the NCL free ferry over to St George's and spent 3 hours there around the town area and visited Tobacco Beach and Turtle Beach....a lot of hills and walking, but they survived and the views were ahhhmazing.

Since our goal was beach beach beach, we felt this was the best for the teens and the moms....we didn't spend a lot of money as you can see above for the 7 of us to enjoy Bermuda beaches.

If we could change one thing we would have taken the free ferry over to St. George on Day one, then go to Horseshoe on Day two, then do the lighthouse and Church Bay on day 3. Plenty of time on Day 3 to do the lighthouse and a quick snorkel. We had all aboard time of 2:30.

Edited by MICHLEV1974
add more info

I just returned yesterday from the NCL Breakaway with the 2 1/2 days in Bermuda. We are age 40-50 and had 3 teen boys, age 19. Our group wanted beaches and snorkel time..... This is what we did and they had a blast.....

Day three: Quick walk over to Snorkel Park beach (we used the excursion credit onboard to pay for the admission/chairs/umbrella) ... admission is $5, chairs/umbrella is $25 ... we spent one hour here and thought it was pretty lame and wished we had joined the other half of our group. The other half of our group took the NCL free ferry over to St George's and spent 3 hours there around the town area and visited Tobacco Beach and Turtle Beach....a lot of hills and walking, but they survived and the views were ahhhmazing.

Thanks for posting a trip report.

As for Snorkel Park some of us have been posting for years that it is lame. Of course we had to go there once to find that out!

I'm wondering how it is on the boat while one isn't diving. I don't mind relaxing, and waiting for one other group (45 minutes) is no big deal, but I know my kids would not be happy sitting around for 1.5 hours (or longer) waiting for 2-3 other groups to dive. I still think I might prefer the ferry ride to St. George and a visit to Tobacco Bay, but the kids are still leaning toward the helment dive.

Thanks for posting a trip report.

As for Snorkel Park some of us have been posting for years that it is lame. Of course we had to go there once to find that out!

So true--and it was as lame as all have said. This is a great spot for the kiddos, however. No waves, shallow, easy to handle beach day.

We are looking at booking another cruise out of Boston back to Bermuda so we can see the rest of the island :)

I'm wondering how it is on the boat while one isn't diving. I don't mind relaxing, and waiting for one other group (45 minutes) is no big deal, but I know my kids would not be happy sitting around for 1.5 hours (or longer) waiting for 2-3 other groups to dive. I still think I might prefer the ferry ride to St. George and a visit to Tobacco Bay, but the kids are still leaning toward the helment dive.

when is sail date. i know he took just 1 person out in mid october last year. id imagine summer is more crowded for sure and u could be on the boat longer. while he cannot predict the future im sure if you wrote he would tell you about the past

• 2 weeks later...

We traveled with our daughter. Just turned 13.

Day one we toured with Heidi. It lasted almost seven hours. My daughter liked certain parts and was bored by others. No fault of Heidi. Really informative tour. My daughter liked the lighthouse, Warwick Bay, feeding fish, seeing sea turtles at aquarium and reenactment of dunking in St George.

Day two we spent six hours at the beaches/coves. Started at Warwick and worked our way down. Gorgeous and so much fun!

Day three we did helmet diving. My daughter's favorite experience. It was awesome! Perfect for that 1/2 day. Fridays are usually busier so if you don't want to wait on the boat for other groups to dive, you may want to choose other days. He had no one the day prior to our tour. Picks you up steps from the ship.

We traveled with our daughter. Just turned 13.

Day one we toured with Heidi. It lasted almost seven hours. My daughter liked certain parts and was bored by others. No fault of Heidi. Really informative tour. My daughter liked the lighthouse, Warwick Bay, feeding fish, seeing sea turtles at aquarium and reenactment of dunking in St George.

Day two we spent six hours at the beaches/coves. Started at Warwick and worked our way down. Gorgeous and so much fun!

Day three we did helmet diving. My daughter's favorite experience. It was awesome! Perfect for that 1/2 day. Fridays are usually busier so if you don't want to wait on the boat for other groups to dive, you may want to choose other days. He had no one the day prior to our tour. Picks you up steps from the ship.

Thank you for your report back!

First half day walk to Snorkel Park decent beach and you can Snorkel from shore then hit shops in area. Night time events there also.

Full day ferry to st George and Snorkel from shore at Tobacco bay beach. Great for first timers. Shallow water.

Last day van to horseshoe beach.

Most bang for the buck. To enjoy the most beautiful waters and beach.

• 2 weeks later...

We're a group of 8...retired parents, 2 sons & their wives and 2 granddaughters...age 4 & 5. Day 1 morning we're taking the NCL ferry to St. G to Tobacco Bay. In the afternoon sons & wives are jet skiing. Day 2 we're renting a pontoon boat for 4 hours!! (I'm very excited about this!!) Son will drive it and we'll explore secluded beaches, a shipwreck and who knows what else! (They supply a map.) Day 3 we'll go to Horseshoe Bay. 42 days to go....can't wait!

Hello, Did you say that NCL provides a free ferry to St. Georges? If so do you have any more information on that? Thanks! :)

Day one: Cab for 7 of us from Kings Wharf to Horseshoe Bay beach $42 each way. We had lunch on the beach @ $15 for a burger/fries/soda. Took a cab back after 5 hours there.

Day two: Cab for 7 of us from Kings Wharf to Gibbs Lighthouse @ $30 cab fare; stayed for about an hour taking pictures and spending money in the gift shop --- which is way cheaper for your 'trinkets' than any other place we shopped. Also, you can buy bottled juice/water/soda here for $2.25. We left the lighthouse and went to the nearby Church Bay beach @$13 cab fare. This was pretty awesome for snorkeling...we have so many pics of fish here. This is not a swimming-type beach...mostly good for snorkeling for @ 1-2 hours. We took the cab back to Kings Wharf @ $33 cab fare.

Since our goal was beach beach beach, we felt this was the best for the teens and the moms....we didn't spend a lot of money as you can see above for the 7 of us to enjoy Bermuda beaches.

If we could change one thing we would have taken the free ferry over to St. George on Day one, then go to Horseshoe on Day two, then do the lighthouse and Church Bay on day 3. Plenty of time on Day 3 to do the lighthouse and a quick snorkel. We had all aboard time of 2:30.