Suite Sun Deck or Reserved Loungers

Doc2725

Do passengers staying in Celebrity Suite Class cabins have a private sun deck, or the ability to have loungers reserved for them in the pool area/sun deck? We are thinking about a Sky Suite on the Equinox next Fall, and this is something we are hoping to have.

As others said, currently celebrity only offers this on the edge, though they have plans to roll out out fleetwide. I know that Norwegian has the haven and MSC has the yacht club if you are looking for suites that include access to private sundecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's easy to reserve your lounger. Just get there early in the day, pick your spot, plop down a rumpled pool towel, and paperback or magazine, an old flip flop and you're all set. You can hold your spot until you return from a shore excursion or whatever. At least this is what was allowed on the Millenium last month.:o

It's easy to reserve your lounger. Just get there early in the day, pick your spot, plop down a rumpled pool towel, and paperback or magazine, an old flip flop and you're all set. You can hold your spot until you return from a shore excursion or whatever. At least this is what was allowed on the Millenium last month.:o

I do hope that is not the case. No excuse for holding a chair and going on a shore excursion. Does someone here think that there are as many chairs as there are passengers?????

Sadly SargassoPirate is not exaggerating. On Silhouette last Feb I saw many chairs with a book and a towel....never saw a person use the chair. And they used a ship's library book and towel, so no personal items were in jeopardy.

It is indeed sad that the cruise line is reluctant to enforce anything that doesn't directly affect their bottom line - such as sneaking liquor on board for personal consumption. On our recent Millennium cruise, it was "shorts and ballcap night" in the MDR every night - no enforcement of the suggested dress code. One group even started arm wrestling after their desserts were cleared away and the waiter stood by laughing. Nothing was done, even though nearby diners complained to one of the supervisors, and the wrestlers were back in the MDR the next night - although they did refrain from further wrestling, in the MDR anyway.

I think they are all afraid of getting a less than "10"...especially since they all let us know how important that 10 was when we did our post cruise evaluation.

Sadly SargassoPirate is not exaggerating. On Silhouette last Feb I saw many chairs with a book and a towel....never saw a person use the chair. And they used a ship's library book and towel, so no personal items were in jeopardy.

On Reflection in the solarium, pax were sitting in the jacuzzis just waiting to pounce when it appeared that someone was going to move off a lounger.

How it will work when there are even fewer loungers after the implementation of the new suite sundecks is beyond me :confused:. Perhaps they will mark out towel lines on the lawn and pax will be required to keep in the lines (a little like parking the car :evilsmile:)?

It just makes me so sad when fellow cruisers are so selfish....

I would guess that the suite sun deck area will be the same with one or two (or lots) of guests 'bagging' their favourite spot before going to an hour long breakfast in Luminae....

That’s a really crappy thing to do. No offense, but if your stuff was on your chair all day and you hasn’t come back, I would take it off and bring it to the deck attendants. For all you know they came and got it Bc they noticed it were gone all day. If there were plenty of chairs it would be fine, but there aren’t.

On Reflection in the solarium, pax were sitting in the jacuzzis just waiting to pounce when it appeared that someone was going to move off a lounger.

How it will work when there are even fewer loungers after the implementation of the new suite sundecks is beyond me :confused:. Perhaps they will mark out towel lines on the lawn and pax will be required to keep in the lines (a little like parking the car :evilsmile:)?

Since the suite lounge deck will have its own pool then many suite guests will go there and not to the main pool area thus opening up chairs for non-suite guests.

Since the suite lounge deck will have its own pool then many suite guests will go there and not to the main pool area thus opening up chairs for non-suite guests.

Except for the new suite area will take away from the current public space and so reduce the square footage there. There’s no way it will be a straight swap - like for like - because the suite area will occupy more space for the added amenities being incorporated into the new design, not just beds (I was referring to the refurbishments on the current ships, not Edge ;)).

Check out the Haven Suites on NCL. They have a whole private area, private pool, private hot tubs, private outdoor bars, private sundecks all exclusively for Haven suite guests. No chair hogging necessary.

You are completely correct...unless there is a huge group that 'takes over' NCL's Haven, essentially making it unpleasant even though lounge chairs will most likely be available.

I've been in the Haven twice one the Breakaway. The first time was on her third sailing and all was truly amazing. The next time (Summer, 2015) there was a very large family group that was in the Haven most of the time. Footballs were flying, no tables or hot tubs available and it was very loud (with the roof closed). They were even somehow able to change the time of the Captain's reception at the relatively last minute, messing with people's dinner reservations.

I communicated my disappointment to the concierge (who had been my concierge on my very first cruise on the Dawn many years ago) and his response was "It's difficult when there is a large group". Hmmm....

That experience makes me wonder if Celebrity's suite sundeck etc. could end up the same way. I know I won't sail in NCL's Haven again because it's a very expensive gamble if it ends up being the opposite on an actual 'haven' . I hope Celebrity can take proactive steps to prevent the problems that have existed with NCL's Haven. JMHO

Hoping the Solarium on EDGE maintains the adult only rule...except for late afternoon family hrs... seems to work very well.

I believe the pvt suite areas on MSC and Norwegian and the EDGE are not adult only...

Is the Princess extra cost area adult only?...

Except for the new suite area will take away from the current public space and so reduce the square footage there. There’s no way it will be a straight swap - like for like - because the suite area will occupy more space for the added amenities being incorporated into the new design, not just beds (I was referring to the refurbishments on the current ships, not Edge ;)).

The Solstice Deck at the front of the ship (I think that's the name) is what most people are guessing is what will be turned into the Retreat. I have been up there on at least one sea day of each of my cruises and there is hardly anyone ever seated there. Most people sit around the pool or on the deck right above the pool area or in the Solarium. The chunk of those people who would now shift over to the Retreat would outweigh the few people who normally like to sit on the Solstice Deck so I think it will actually help the main pool area seating.

And if the Retreat goes where the main section of the Lawn Club is instead then that would be only a help to main pool area seating as it wouldn't be taking over from an already established seating area.

The Solstice Deck at the front of the ship (I think that's the name) is what most people are guessing is what will be turned into the Retreat. I have been up there on at least one sea day of each of my cruises and there is hardly anyone ever seated there. Most people sit around the pool or on the deck right above the pool area or in the Solarium. The chunk of those people who would now shift over to the Retreat would outweigh the few people who normally like to sit on the Solstice Deck so I think it will actually help the main pool area seating.

And if the Retreat goes where the main section of the Lawn Club is instead then that would be only a help to main pool area seating as it wouldn't be taking over from an already established seating area.

You have obviously never been on Reflection during peak season in the Med. Not only was every one of those beds taken on the Solstice upper sun deck every sea day (and every other sunbed), but so was the grass - covered in towels with bodies on, right up to the doors by the photo room.