Roll Call N627 Sept 2006

Fortknox

Hi All

Is anyone else booked to go on this cruise.

We are from country SA - myself and hubby (the reluctant crusier) along with our son who will be 11 are sailing & I can't wait :) .

This is our first cruise and I have enjoyed reading all the posts & gathering info on what to take etc from all you cruisers over the past months since booking in August, sitting in the background (my hubby says I'm a lurker) and have only posted a couple of responses.

I have finally got hubby reading the posts & we decided to make up a post to see if we have any fellow cruisers on the same cruise.

We intend to spend a few days in Sydney before we sail so any info from any Sydney siders out there as well would be appreciated.

No doubt as time gets closer we to will be asking many questions :D .

Deb

hi Fort knox. welcome to the boards.

We sailed at the same time as you do,but last year. As you can see we have already booked our second cruise so you can say we did enjoy our time.

we didnt find anyone else on these boards who were going on the samecruise but had a heap of fun joining in all the threads.

Join in and it WILL add to the enjoyment of your cruise plus you also get to join in the excitment as other cruisers come up to their departure date.

karon

Welcome Fort knox,I will be as excited as you in Sept as I will be overseas on a Med cruise then. :D Its great thought to chat to others,I am going on Sun in May and have booked my air today. Have you done yours or is it still to early? Jetstar have a sale on.Thats who I'm with Avalon/Mel to Sydney

Hi Kaseyoz

I am would love to know what the weather was like in Sept when you cruised - would really help with the packing. I'm not sure how I am going to pack for 2 weeks - will be very interesting:D .

I am not really a swimmer but would love to try snorkelling so what can we expect from the sea warm or cold?

Hi Past It

We have booked our flights as a package with P&O. Our TA recommended we do so in case there was any trouble with the ship, they would have to cover any extra accommodation & any flights to coincide.

We have a 4 hour drive by road or an extra flight before we even reach Adelaide to catch the plane.

Hi Kaseyoz

I am would love to know what the weather was like in Sept when you cruised - would really help with the packing. I'm not sure how I am going to pack for 2 weeks - will be very interesting:D .

I am not really a swimmer but would love to try snorkelling so what can we expect from the sea warm or cold?

The weather was beautiful, sea was flat(no seasickness except last day which apparently is normal)

We were in shorts every day. Pacific sun is very casual so dont take too much dressy clothes(we did)men wore shorts to dinner!:eek: :)

There is a laundry on the sun but we managed for 10 days without washing for 4 of us. Kids were in swimmers most days. shore days you just wear your swimmers and a sarong or something like that. Poeple went to breakfast and lunch dressed like that too.

Formal night nearly all adults dressed up from black pants/nice tops, short cocktail dresses and long formal dresses(i wore long)

any other questions let me know either here or

kaseyoz@hotmail.com

water was warm but some beaches need beach shoes due to coral and horrible sea cucumber/slugs. Take your own snorkle , you can rent but cheap to buy, but if you are short of space just rent them

I too am not a good swimmer but i bought a lilo thing (toys r us)that had a clear window in it. it was great fun in the water and i could see the coral (i did snorkle in the end.)Lots of kids loved to come and play with us,but again depends on your luggage space and if you have kids.

sorry about the epic reply

karon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to understand that planning the holiday is half the fun. I'm enjoying it already.

A lot of my questions have been answered just by reading for the moment, but I'm sure I'll find some as the time draws near.

• 4 weeks later...

:) Hi everyone! I'm new to this board. I've been reading all the interesting and useful information.

I have just booked onto the N627 cruise with my friend and 10 year old daughter. This will be our first cruise and we are very excited. We couldn't convince our husbands to come-that means more spending money for us!!

At this stage I have 1 question (I'm sure there will be plenty more!)-if you don't book your airfares with P&O can you use their transfer bus? How much is the taxi fare from the aiport to the dock?

Can't wait to meet you all in September

Aliflem

;)

Hi aliflem, welcome to the boards.

You can use the shuttle buses even if you don't book with P&O. They are $8 per person and they transfer your luggage too. A taxi would be approximately $30-$35 if I remember correctly. The shuttle was easy. There was a man walking around near the baggage claim with a P&O sign and he just directed us to the bus. Hand the cash over as you board and about 1/2 hour later your at the terminal.

Hi Alifem

Great to see other people on the same cruise.

We booked in August last year & am I sooo glad the time is getting closer.

Living in the regional area of South Aust I can't wait to see the islands, they are going to be beautiful, compared to our dry saltbush area.

I am definately counting down:p .

Deb

Thanks Aussiedisneyfan and Fortknox. I tried to get straight back to you but I was having trouble signing into the board-all sorted now!

We are looking forward to our cruise. We will take the bus from the airport as it seems to be the easiest option.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Aliflem

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived