Catholic Church for Easter Mass

3kids1dog

We are leaving on the Dream on Easter. I would like to attend a Sunrise Mass on Easter Sunday. We are staying at the Hilton Riverside. Is there a Catholic Church nearby? We will have our car parked at Fulton Garage if necessary, but I would prefer to walk if there is one within walking distance. Thanks!

This is walking distance, its right a Jackson Square:

The St. Louis Cathedral is one of New Orleans' most notable landmarks. Few cities in the world are so identified by a building as is New Orleans. The city is instantly recognized by our cathedral and its position overlooking Jackson Square.

This venerable building, its triple steeples towering above its historic neighbors, the Cabildo and the Presbytere - looks down benignly on the green of the Square and General Andrew Jackson on his bronze horse and on the block-long Pontalba Buildings with their lacy ironwork galleries. Truly, this is the heart of old New Orleans.

The Cathedral-Basilica of St. Louis King of France is the oldest Catholic cathedral in continual use in the United States.

As the caretakers of the Historic place of worship, we constantly battle the elements and the aging of the Cathedral with ongoing conservation and restoration. We invite you to become a "Friend of the St. Louis Cathedral" and help this national historic landmark remain the centerpiece in the great history of New Orleans!

If you would like to make a donation please click the button below.

We are leaving on the Dream on Easter. I would like to attend a Sunrise Mass on Easter Sunday. We are staying at the Hilton Riverside. Is there a Catholic Church nearby? We will have our car parked at Fulton Garage if necessary, but I would prefer to walk if there is one within walking distance. Thanks!

I think you're going to have a hard time finding a sunrise service.

The closest Catholic Church to the Hilton Riverside is St. Patrick's at 724 Camp St, New Orleans, LA 70130.

However, since this is a year of mercy and St Louis Cathedral is one of the locations in NOLA with Holy Doors I would choose to attend Mass there.

Thank you for the suggestion. We are traveling with our 3 kids (18, 15 and 10). They very much want to experience New Orleans, this church sounds like a great option. I can imagine the energy that would be there at Easter Sunday Mass.

The Catholic Directory (click here) might be helpful.

The two Catholic churches that you might want to keep in mind is St. Patrick's Church located at 724 Camp Street and St. Louis Cathedral.

If you have time, you can take the ferry to Algiers Point (a neighborhood on the Westbank of Orleans Parish) attend mass at Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church located at 500 Eliza St.