Ruby Princess

AzCruiseGurl

New to Princess..

PLEASE help me choose a cabin on the Ruby Princess.

Going to book a California Coastal cruise 2018.

Balcony cabin or maybe Mini suite.

I need help with room and location.

Thank you,

Sheri

Balcony cabin on Caribe deck. We prefer aft in the 700's. They are the largest balconies half covered.

Best mini's on the ship are the fully covered ones on Emerald deck, there are only 12 so if you get one mark your booking NO UPGRADE! E730 and E731 have a bigger extended balcony then the rest.

Balcony cabin on Caribe deck. We prefer aft in the 700's. They are the largest balconies half covered.

Best mini's on the ship are the fully covered ones on Emerald deck, there are only 12 so if you get one mark your booking NO UPGRADE! E730 and E731 have a bigger extended balcony then the rest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question. I have one more...

Would you book an Aft facing B755 or a regular balcony C735??? We also love the Aft of the ship.

Thank you,

Sheri

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question. I have one more...

Would you book an Aft facing B755 or a regular balcony C735??? We also love the Aft of the ship.

Thank you,

Sheri

C735 would be good.

C752/753 are awesome regular corner balconies.

I would google photos B755 as some of those aft facing balconies have a horizontal steel beam on the balcony that may obstruct the view.

We just got off the Ruby and if you get a club class mini suite you will love it. We had a full suite D-736 (St. Thomas Suite) we found out there are some some mini suites that get the club class, get it! Basically you get most of the full suite benefits. It will make you feel special

Enjoy your cruise

We've been on the Ruby five times, three in aft-facing suites (C749, C749, E732), two in starboard mini-suites (D305, D701). For Alaska, I'd say side is way better, but otherwise I suspect aft is an absolute winner. Those aft balconies create a great relaxation space, and also work wonderfully for Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

We just got off the Ruby and if you get a club class mini suite you will love it. We had a full suite D-736 (St. Thomas Suite) we found out there are some some mini suites that get the club class, get it! Basically you get most of the full suite benefits. It will make you feel special.

Full suites get far more in the way of perks than CC mini-suites: your choice of dinner arrangements, free specialty dining on the first night, better balcony furniture, awesome private breakfast most mornings, the list goes on and on. CC will make you feel special, no doubt, but now that we've experienced CC, we carefully analyze non-CC-mini vs. CC-mini vs. suite for each cruise that we book.

• 5 months later...
Was D701 an adjoining suite?

Uh, to be honest I don't really remember. It was definitely a mini, but I think it was adjacent to a handicapped mini (and adjacent to a junction point between modules of the ship).

We've been on the Ruby five times, three in aft-facing suites (C749, C749, E732), two in starboard mini-suites (D305, D701). For Alaska, I'd say side is way better, but otherwise I suspect aft is an absolute winner. Those aft balconies create a great relaxation space, and also work wonderfully for Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Full suites get far more in the way of perks than CC mini-suites: your choice of dinner arrangements, free specialty dining on the first night, better balcony furniture, awesome private breakfast most mornings, the list goes on and on. CC will make you feel special, no doubt, but now that we've experienced CC, we carefully analyze non-CC-mini vs. CC-mini vs. suite for each cruise that we book.

You have a lot of experience on Ruby Princess. Could you tell me if Deck 12 forward will feel a lot of motion? I am NOT prone to seasickness, but I've never been on a deck that high or that far forward. Just would like some input/info. Thanks. :)

You have a lot of experience on Ruby Princess. Could you tell me if Deck 12 forward will feel a lot of motion? I am NOT prone to seasickness, but I've never been on a deck that high or that far forward. Just would like some input/info. Thanks. :)

I don't think it'll feel all that much more than what you might be used to. On a few of our Ruby cruises, it's been rather cross-windy, and that might be a scenario where you'd feel a little bit more up on deck 12 compared to 8 or 9, but not bad per se.

I don't think it'll feel all that much more than what you might be used to. On a few of our Ruby cruises, it's been rather cross-windy, and that might be a scenario where you'd feel a little bit more up on deck 12 compared to 8 or 9, but not bad per se.

Thanks. I've seen people post on CC about being up high and forward and how you feel the rocking more. Just wanted to get some info. Appreciate it.