Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel opinions needed

Annie43

My husband and I are looking for a hotel one night pre-cruise in October. Our flight arrives at 11 AM and we will taxi or Uber to a hotel. We have never been to Baltimore and need some advice:

We want to stay in the Inner Harbor or Harbor East

We would prefer our hotel be near a Water Taxi stop

We would like to be near some type of local restaurant

Opinion of Pier 5 hotel?

Many thanks!

I would say Harbor East is nicer than the Inner Harbor, which is very much a tourist trap. Harbor East is easy walking into Fells Point which is a nice old neighborhood with good history, great bars and restaurants, and some local shopping.

The Marriott Waterfront is nice for I believe similar pricing to Pier 5.

McCormick is a great steak house, Rusty Scupper is a good local restaurant that is very popular. RA Sushi is also a much if you're in Fells Point/Harbor East.

Rusty Scupper is only local hangout for drinking and hooking up. And I would not eat at pretty much any of the inner harbor restaurants.

For real local flavor, Mo's near inner harbor. If you are near Fell's Point, there is Bertha's Mussels. They have other seafood. But good food, and been there a LONG time. And you can get your t-shirt of bumper sticker saying, "Eat Bertha's Mussels" :D

If you want great Italian, a block further than Mo's is Little Italy, with many long time Italian restaurants.

Fell's Point is now more touristy than local. But a nice place still.

There are all the major players in the inner harbor for hotels. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton and their various lines.