Any Snorkeling at Vigie Beach?

tabprincess

I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything. Anyone know if there is any snorkeling at all at Vigie? I am happy to just walk the beach, splash around a bit and relax on a lounge chair, but my husband likes to be more active. I know there are places like Sugar Beach and Anse Chastanet if we just want to snorkel, but I really want to visit Vigie as we have never been and am just wondering if my husband will have any options for snorkeling there.

Thank you!

I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything. Anyone know if there is any snorkeling at all at Vigie? I am happy to just walk the beach, splash around a bit and relax on a lounge chair, but my husband likes to be more active. I know there are places like Sugar Beach and Anse Chastanet if we just want to snorkel, but I really want to visit Vigie as we have never been and am just wondering if my husband will have any options for snorkeling there.

Thank you!

Nope no snorkeling. It's a wide sandy bay for the most part.. He can take quite long walks down the beach, or plane watch or such.

Or maybe consider Pigeon Island - about 30-35 minutes north of port, but ruins, some snorkeking, hiking, etc he can do while you relax at the beach...

Nope no snorkeling. It's a wide sandy bay for the most part.. He can take quite long walks down the beach, or plane watch or such.

Or maybe consider Pigeon Island - about 30-35 minutes north of port, but ruins, some snorkeking, hiking, etc he can do while you relax at the beach...

Thanks reedprincess! We have done Pigeon Island twice now and just want to try something new. I had thought that I read elsewhere that there was a bit of snorkeling along a rocky bank at Vigie, but it must have been another beach.

Have a great day!

ReedPrincess-- Is Vigie safe for a lady to go to alone? My DH is scuba diving that day, so I am solo. I am planning to book a shuttle to and from Vigie-- just want to lounge on the beach for a few hour and have a couple of drinks. DH is worried about my safety.

Thanks.

Thanks reedprincess! We have done Pigeon Island twice now and just want to try something new. I had thought that I read elsewhere that there was a bit of snorkeling along a rocky bank at Vigie, but it must have been another beach.

Have a great day!

If he goes much further down the beach from the Boardwalk and people areas, and is willing to walk out along the edge if the peninsula, there's a small spot of snorkeling - but not recommended as its a good ways off from where there's people and such, no one is there to keep an eye on him, etc. Not a good idea - and not worth the risk... Sorry..

Maybe try the Beach Break trip to Jalousie beach. You'll get all the beach and relaxation you want while he can snorkeling and explore to his hearts content..

ReedPrincess-- Is Vigie safe for a lady to go to alone? My DH is scuba diving that day, so I am solo. I am planning to book a shuttle to and from Vigie-- just want to lounge on the beach for a few hour and have a couple of drinks. DH is worried about my safety.

Thanks.

Yup, you should have no problems. Make sure the driver drops you at the Boardwalk - small boardwalk with several local food outlets and bars, restrooms, people all around, across from airport entrance with their security - and moat of the airport staff are there for lunch and such. Several chair vendors, masseuse, etc. I wouldn't be worried, as always use common sense, don't take valuables, etc .

There's a long thread about Vigie that has one of the regular posters who rents chairs there - you can arrange in advance with them if you want.. Or just show up..

Enjoy.

Yup, you should have no problems. Make sure the driver drops you at the Boardwalk - small boardwalk with several local food outlets and bars, restrooms, people all around, across from airport entrance with their security - and moat of the airport staff are there for lunch and such. Several chair vendors, masseuse, etc. I wouldn't be worried, as always use common sense, don't take valuables, etc .

There's a long thread about Vigie that has one of the regular posters who rents chairs there - you can arrange in advance with them if you want.. Or just show up..

Enjoy.

Thank you!!

Sorry OP-- did not mean to hijack your thread.