Behind-The-Scenes Tour Summit

Talex831

Has anyone done the this tour on the Summit? I'm looking at it for one of our sea days. It's $100/pp for 2 hours, so I wanted to see if others thought it was worth while. TIA

I thought it was free

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought it was free

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have short tours for free often dependent on CC Status but they sell an expanded Full Ships tour that includes engine control room, ships laundry, crews mess etc.

We had some friends take it on our last cruise and really enjoyed it thought it was worth it.

We had an abundance of non-refundable OBC, and did the Behind the Scenes tour while on the Millennium last summer. We throughly enjoyed it. Very different than the free mini-tours.

There were about 12 - 15 of us. We were issued volume adjustable ear pieces, and as we went through the ship the speakers had a mic, so where ever we were we were able to clearly hear. And the passenger questions set the pace of the tour. For example, there were a number of questions for the Executive Chef, and we even backtracked when one woman had some questions about how they handle food allergies. So very different than when they run passengers through the galley when the ship does that "heartbeat of the operation" galley tour.

On our tour a number of the passengers were engineers, and we also had a retired American Airlines pilot. So we spent a great amount of time in the engine control room with an interesting discussion on elevator management issues. On the bridge the retired pilot had quite a few questions about emergency checklists and emergency procedures. Not only did we see the "I-95" corridor, but we also visited the inside crew bar, peeked inside a crew mess, and visited the laundry room. But my husband and I found the recycle center the most interesting area to visit.

The tour was billed as lasting two hours, but ours lasted considerably longer. We both thought it was very interesting and in a few years would do it again.

We did the tour on Reflection and it was so much more thorough than the free gallery tour or the free entertainment backstage tour. It was a limited size group and we toured staff corridors, food storage coolers, engine room, bridge, a lot that is the heart of the ship. Really facilitating and really enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...